Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Utah Football 2018

The line for tonight's game is Utah by 24.

Name:  webut.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  19.3 KB

I particularly liked this comment by Taylor Pratt:

Name:  webute2.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  22.2 KB
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

2. Likes accadacca liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

^^^OUCH!!!

A burn like that will leave a mark.

Climb-Utah.com

Another year of pathetic offense.

Utah Football 2018

The punters are getting a workout.

On paper, Huntley looked slightly improved. On the field, he looked like the same old Huntley.

That interception he threw was to a Weber player standing all alone without a Ute player anywhere for miles around. A baffling interception. Had everyone questioning if he's color blind. He narrowly missed throwing two additional interceptions. And this is against Weber State's secondary. Geez what happens when they play someone who's really good...like Washington in two weeks?

All the hype claimed Huntley was vastly improved in every aspect, but I'm afraid that's all it is...just hype.
    Last edited by rockgremlin; 08-31-2018 at 10:27 AM.

Attachment 90448

Gonna try to post something from all the home games this year.

Check out this screenshot of statistics from last night's game on ESPN.

Didn't Gay miss a field goal? Why does it say he was 100% on his field goals?

Name:  Screenshot_2018-08-31-12-13-32.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  85.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    On paper, Huntley looked slightly improved. On the field, he looked like the same old Huntley.

That interception he threw was to a Weber player standing all alone without a Ute player anywhere for miles around. A baffling interception.
    Huntley was hit as he was throwing on the INT, how much that effected the pass I don't know.

Some good and some bad from that game. We'll see if they cleaned up the problems next week. It's sometimes hard to judge against such a weak opponent.

On a positive note that D has speed!!! Utah has never had that type of speed on D before.

Lots to clean up for sure. Fun to see Covey back. A few guys broke their ankles trying to catch him when he changed direction.

587 yards total offense for Utah

59 for Weber High

Hard to take much from the game, considering the opponent. D looked good, but the matchup on the line was just unfair. I am pretty sure I was as big as those Weber State players. Huntley looked a little rusty, but it was also a pretty vanilla game plan. Next game should look about the same I'd guess, with the real season starting in 2 weeks. Washington didn't exactly look like world beaters yesterday against Auburn, but they will probably clean up a lot in the next 2 weeks. Should be a pretty good season, I would bet we are in the 8-9 win range.

FWIW - between week 1 and 2 is when teams typically make the biggest improvement of the year.

Watching the BYU game has me thinking it will be our defense vs their offense and I like our chances. However it’s week 1 and that’s the last game of the season.

Utah Football 2018

Utah fans need to lose the Pac-12 stickers on their vehicles and stop wearing gear with it. I get it for the first couple years, but now it’s just an embarrassment. No other team in the conference has fans that put Pac-12 logos everywhere. Makes Utah fans look like a bunch of clowns.

Kinda like Jazz fans putting Western Conference stickers on their cars or Raiders fans sporting AFC West or NFL stickers on their car. C’mon man.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Utah fans need to lose the Pac-12 stickers on their vehicles and stop wearing gear with it.
    Fans pay the money and can do whatever makes them happy in my humble opinion. I hear the same type argument about grown men running around in a teams football jersey. Why are grown men wearing a jersey when they don't play on the team? It's no skin off your ass if fans put a sticker on their car or wear a jersey, so why let it bother you?

Utah Football 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Fans pay the money and can do whatever makes them happy in my humble opinion. I hear the same type argument about grown men running around in a teams football jersey. Why are grown men wearing a jersey when they don't play on the team? It's no skin off your ass if fans put a sticker on their car or wear a jersey, so why let it bother you?
    Probably cause I have had season tickets since I graduated in 2003. At that point you could pick your seats and I got the 4th row. Hard to see all these clowns who don’t know the difference between Zack Moss and Britain Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Hard to see all these clowns who don’t know the difference between Zack Moss and Britain Covey.
    Maybe you should wear a Britain Covey jersey to the game so they know the difference?!?

Just for the record... When you bought you ticket, how much you paid, or what team you cheer for doesn't make you a better or worse fan. Fans come in all shapes, colors and sizes and they all love their team just as much as you love yours.

If you really want something to worry about it should probably be the decline in the fan base of football as a whole. If things don't change in another 30 years it will no longer matter.

Climb-Utah.com

Utah Football 2018

Whoops, bought my tix in 2003, not 2013!

Yeah, my kids don’t really watch it much. Video games...

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/utah-u...nsive-showing/

Highly recruited freshman QB Tuttle gets bumped into the #3 spot after Shelley's impressive showing in the 4th quarter. I was quite impressed with Shelley's performance -- he came out and dropped a 40 yard bomb, and also had a 40 yard run. Granted, it was against a gassed Weber State in garbage time, but still I liked what I saw.

I wonder if Tuttle will get impatient and bail on Utah after riding the bench for probably most if not all of his freshman season?

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    wonder if Tuttle will get impatient and bail on Utah after riding the bench for probably most if not all of his freshman season?
    I think Tuttle planned to ride the bench for 2 years (and play for 2 or 3 depending on red shirt) when he signed up as Huntley is only a JR. Or perhaps he planned to enter the game when the inevitable happens and Huntley gets hurt, But having Shelley in the mix is a whole new can of worms for Tuttle as Shelley is a red shirt freshmen. If Shelley is THE GUY that leaves Tuttle 5 years to play 1, not what a top recruit wants to see.

Back in the day the idea was you would enter a program and be a backup for 2 years and then be the guy for 2 years, but that train of though has disappeared in the last few years.

Anyhoo... it will be interesting to see how it all plays out. But it's nice to have a stable full of talent at QB for a change, at least for the time being.

Predictions for tomorrow's game:

Moss and Covey will go off for close to 300 yards of offense in a lopsided road win.

Utes 45

NIL Huskies 17

Although the Utes are a heavy favorite (an 11 point favorite in Vegas), someone over at Athlon sports had the audacity to boldly defy the odds.

Check this out:

Name:  Screenshot_2018-09-07-13-46-33.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  129.0 KB