Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Utah Football 2018

Holy hell...8 straight. This one gives me major anxiety.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I lost faith. I apologize.

They better not do this next week against the huskies.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Utah Football 2018

6. Likes Sandstone Addiction liked this post

10. Likes Sandstone Addiction liked this post

Arughhh... I got fed up with Utah at halftime, turned off the TV and went to the club with the hot young stripper wife. Imagine my surprise when I was taking a poop this morning and decided to look at the final score on my phone. Because seriously, what else ya going to do while pooping in the morning?

Climb-Utah.com

BYU/Utah Game Trip Report

Well, the first half was really quiet. All of the Ute fans in the crowd were sitting there shaking their heads. The folks behind me were routinely shouting "F***in' DO something, Utah!! F***in' pull your head outta yer ass!" I commented in the second quarter "Wouldn't it be funny if we took a donut into halftime?" And then we took a donut into halftime. The concourse was eerily quiet as folks lined up to buy hot cocoa or a hot dog. All of the BYU fans were on cloud 9, walking around with great big smiles from ear to ear. Some folks gathered up their stuff and left at halftime, disgusted and disappointed.

Even more folks filed out the stadium when the Cougars scored that touchdown in the 3rd quarter. A 27 - 7 deficit is pretty daunting, especially considering how awful the Utes were playing all game. It seemed like a trap game - Utah was focused on Washington next week, and BYU was playing in their version of the Super Bowl.

And then Utah finally woke up.

The 4th quarter was fun. It's been a LONG time since I've seen the stands that energized. Almost the entire 4th quarter the Ute fans were on their feet, high fiving complete strangers. I turned to the F-Bomb droppers behind me and remarked "Remember that time BYU took a 20-0 lead into halftime and Utah stormed back to beat them by 8 points?"

They let the fans onto the field to mingle with the players as they launched the post-game fireworks. So we went down and got a few snaps. I was surprised how short Marquis Blair is. Shelley and Hansen were untouchable since the mob surrounding them was so thick. They're probably still up there signing autographs. It's neat to see the players get so much positive attention. They seemed to be basking in it.

Marquis Blair getting some shut eye
    Name:  20181124_234220.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  76.7 KB
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

16. Likes Iceaxe liked this post
    https://www.ksl.com/article/46435539...tahs-bowl-game

Heeeeeee's baaaaaaaack!!! Huntley to return in time to play in this year's bowl game....

...which I think would be a mistake. I think Shelley has shown that he can air out the ball (particularly the deep ball) more accurately and consistently than Huntley. Plus Shelley is great on his feet too -- did you see how many tackles he dodged to get that final TD against BYU? Plus Shelley is fresh. Huntley is all rusty and broken. Just heal up and return next year 100%. We don't need a Half-Huntley representing the Utes at whatever bowl game we play at the end of the season.
    Last edited by rockgremlin; 11-26-2018 at 03:09 PM.

18. Likes double moo liked this post
    We'll see how Friday's game goes, but if Utah wins I'd have a hard time not going with Shelley.

20. Likes double moo liked this post

22. Likes Iceaxe liked this post
    Ok, make your picks!

Washington is favored by 5...

Name:  husky.JPG
Views: 237
Size:  9.9 KB = 30

Name:  DARKNESS_Demons_01-1050x700.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  16.7 KB = 24

Does it make me a bad fan if I think Utes lose by a few scores? I hope it doesn't happen, but I keep thinking they are gonna get thumped.

Quote Originally Posted by uintafly View Post
    Does it make me a bad fan if I think Utes lose by a few scores? I hope it doesn't happen, but I keep thinking they are gonna get thumped.

Nah. I picked the Utes to lose. The only repercussion will be Acca coming in here calling you a band-wagoneer or fair weather fan. But hell, that's every day for me during the regular season.

If I'm betting I'm taking Washington and giving the points. In other words I think Utah will lose by more than 5. I hope I'm wrong. Utah playing in the Rose Bowl would be awesome. Utah vs Ohio State in the Rose Bowl would be a dream matchup for Ute fans. I'll be cheering for Utah.

Climb-Utah.com