Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Utah Football 2018

2. Likes gholt, Sandstone Addiction liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Utah Football 2018

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Moss and Shyne could be a lethal combo at RB.

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/...next-fall.html
    Will be interesting to see the game plan here since Coach Whit does NOT favor the "RB by committee" option. Traditionally there's always been one clear RB to start, and anybody else is just a back up for when the starter goes down with the inevitable mid-season injury.

They're both great RBs. And I think Shyne's injury last season was what gave Moss the opportunity to shine. Will be interesting to see who emerges when they're both healthy.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

I personally don’t think Utah will have a prob running by committee, but they will definitely go with the hot hand often. Unless he fumbles...

Unless he fumbles...

Or quits the team mid-season.

Red and White Game on Saturday...Unfortunately, I have to work and will have to watch it on PAC 12 channel.

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 923
Size:  25.5 KB

Kyle Whittingham calls QB Tyler Huntley ‘as fierce of a competitor I’ve ever been around’ — which is why he wants him to put on a few more pounds

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/utah-u...r-been-around/

Lotta people picking Utah to win the South...

————-

Why Utah will Win the Pac-12 South

https://www.blocku.com/2018/6/24/174...e-pac-12-south

Lotta people picking Utah to win the South...

————-

Why Utah will Win the Pac-12 South

https://www.blocku.com/2018/6/24/174...e-pac-12-south

We've heard all of this before....and then Utah lays a major egg in the latter half of the season and loses the South. It's happened at least twice now. For some reason Utah can just never keep it together late in the season. Injuries, maybe? Fatigue?

Is there even one school in the country predicting they will have a shitty season at the moment?

I don't think there is a school anywhere saying they don't have a shot at the championship this year.... that is what summer is all about.

...although I must say that it is definitely a boon to have all of the most difficult games at home and in the first half of the season (Arizona and USC). And speaking of USC....Darnold is gone, and their other starting positions at WR and RB are also all gone to the NFL. So USC's marquee talent is mostly all gone, and they're starting from scratch. Hell, their starting QB is just some fresh faced kid who graduated high school one year early. So, basically USC's starting QB is a high school kid with no previous college experience.

AND -- it is also a big PLUS to have coach Anderson back on the sidelines for the Utes.

I agree that every college is big on their team right now, but Utah looks especially good heading into Fall this year.

17. Likes gholt liked this post
    USC will reload quickly...

USC will reload quickly...
    ^^^THIS^^^

I have no sympathy for USC as they are one of the 3 schools in the country that get the best athletes and don't have to bother with recruiting.

Utah Football 2018

Yeah, USC is the juggernaut that will always be a hill to climb for Utah in the south.

That said, Utah has them at home and have won the last two at Rice-Eccles in the head-to-head matchup.

The last couple seasons USC has gotten stronger as the season progresses and Utah has really struggled to close out conference play.

The last couple seasons USC has gotten stronger as the season progresses and Utah has really struggled to close out conference play.
    It's always good to get a rookie QB early in the season.

And the reason Utah struggles in November is a lack of depth. When our starter goes down there is a big drop to our number 2, not so with some of the other PAC teams. The good news is this problem should get better the longer we're a power 5.

22. Likes accadacca liked this post
    Great to have this guy back...

Blair is a beast. I wonder how many targeting calls he will draw this season?