Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29

Thread: Utah Football 2018

  1. #1

    Utah Football 2018

    Utah football locks up four-star quarterback Jack Tuttle, a 6-foot-4, 200-pound quarterback out of Mission Hills High School in San Marcos, Calif. Tuttle becomes the highest-rated quarterback signing in program history. National powerhouses such as USC, Alabama and LSU vied for the four-star prospect during the recruiting process.

    http://www.sltrib.com/sports/utah-ut...igning-period/


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many
     

  3. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Utah football locks up four-star quarterback Jack Tuttle Tuttle, a 6-foot-4, 200-pound quarterback out of Mission Hills High School in San Marcos, Calif. Tuttle becomes the highest-rated quarterback signing in program history. National powerhouses such as USC, Alabama and LSU vied for the four-star prospect during the recruiting process.

    http://www.sltrib.com/sports/utah-ut...igning-period/

    $10 bucks says Mr. Four Stars will sit on the sidelines and watch Huntley for the next two years.
    Where you are....Is not who you are.

    -circumstances

  4. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    $10 bucks says Mr. Four Stars will sit on the sidelines and watch Huntley for the next two years.
    It's cute how you think Huntley will stay healthy enough to start for two years. I love The guy, but the way Huntley plays he is only good for about half the games a season.

  5. #4
    And I just moved this to a new 2018 thread where it should be.

  6. #5
    "Tuttle, an Elite 11 quarterback with big-time offers and hype is simply the most recognized athlete at that position Utah has ever encountered. It would be safe to say the attention paid to Tuttle and his résumé, film, record, offers and general interest is 50 times more than Alex Smith ever got. And Smith was a No. 1 NFL draft pick."


  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    "Tuttle, an Elite 11 quarterback with big-time offers and hype is simply the most recognized athlete at that position Utah has ever encountered. It would be safe to say the attention paid to Tuttle and his résumé, film, record, offers and general interest is 50 times more than Alex Smith ever got. And Smith was a No. 1 NFL draft pick."
    Alex Smith was not heavily recruited out of HS. I believe he only had two D1 offers. Alex wasn't even the starter at Utah until their QB1 (Elliott) went down a couple games into the season.

    Which I find funny as Matt Gay was not Utah's starter the first game of the season.... so much for Utah coaches judging new talent.

  8. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
  9. #7


    “It’s really nice to make it official,” said Tuttle, who verbally committed to Utah over a year ago. “I appreciate everything my coaches, my teammates at my current school have done for me as well as my future coaches at Utah.”

    Tuttle added that it’s “an honor to be part of this Utah football team” and he’s very excited. His plans are to enroll at the U. in January in order to participate in winter conditioning and then spring ball.

    “It was important to do this because I need to understand and thoroughly understand the playbook, progressions, know my teammates and kind of get my feet wet — get up to the college speed and be prepared for anything and anything I can do for the team,” Tuttle said. “So I think it was the right thing to do.”

    Tuttle plans to come in and work for the starting job at Utah.


    “My intention is to come in and compete my butt off and do whatever I can for this football team right now — whatever that may be,” said Tuttle, who had kind things to say about current Utah starter Tyler Huntley. “He’s a great guy, a great player. He did a good job this season.”

    Tuttle is looking forward to working with offensive coordinator Troy Taylor, who is completing his first season with the Utes.

    “Troy Taylor is a great football mind and great coach. I have so much respect for him and what he’s doing and what he plans to do at Utah,” Tuttle said. “I can’t wait to get working with him and play for him.”




  10. #8

    Utah Football 2018



  11. #9
    Utah just hired Gary Andersen..... Awesome!!!


    Gary Andersen rejoins Utah football coaching staff as associate head coach
    https://www.ksl.com/?sid=46228125&nid=635

  12. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Utah just hired Gary Andersen..... Awesome!!!


    Gary Andersen rejoins Utah football coaching staff as associate head coach
    https://www.ksl.com/?sid=46228125&nid=635

    "Andersen was frustrated and left Oregon State because he couldn’t change the culture in Corvallis, according to media reports..."

    I wonder what that means? What about the culture was so unyielding that not even Coach Andersen could budge it?
    Where you are....Is not who you are.

    -circumstances

  13. #11
    He could easily be the next head coach.


  14. #12

    Utah Football 2018

    Monson: By bringing back Gary Andersen, did Utah football coach Kyle Whittingham just hire his successor?

    “Whittingham’s name has appeared in recent reports regarding open NFL head coaching jobs, in particular the vacancy with the New York Giants. ESPN and other news outlets have listed Whittingham among the potential candidates. Yahoo Sports’ Pete Thamel has him ranked fourth on a list of 10 college coaches, behind only David Shaw, Jim Harbaugh and Brian Kelly, who could be in line for a jump to the NFL.”

    http://www.sltrib.com/sports/2018/01...rious-way-out/


  15. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Monson: By bringing back Gary Andersen, did Utah football coach Kyle Whittingham just hire his successor?

    “Whittingham’s name has appeared in recent reports regarding open NFL head coaching jobs, in particular the vacancy with the New York Giants. ESPN and other news outlets have listed Whittingham among the potential candidates. Yahoo Sports’ Pete Thamel has him ranked fourth on a list of 10 college coaches, behind only David Shaw, Jim Harbaugh and Brian Kelly, who could be in line for a jump to the NFL.”

    http://www.sltrib.com/sports/2018/01...rious-way-out/
    I stopped reading at Monson, that guy is a total douche and has never had a prediction come true yet.

  16. #14

  17. #15
    There's some modest buzz around the team.

    Respected magazine Athlon Sports & Life, in January, had Utah picked second in the South Division, saying the Utes “could push USC for the South Division crown.” San Jose Mercury News writer Jon Wilner picked the Utes third in the South but added "a division title wouldn’t be a complete surprise."


  18. #16

    Utah Football 2018

    The Utes seemed to be stacked at several positions.



  19. #17

  20. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
  21. #18

  22. #19

  23. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Covey is back.

    Get this guy back in uniform, this kid is awesome!
    Where you are....Is not who you are.

    -circumstances

Similar Threads

  1. Utah Football 2017
    By accadacca in forum The Sports Junkie
    Replies: 315
    Last Post: 12-27-2017, 03:13 PM
  2. Utah Football 2015
    By accadacca in forum The Sports Junkie
    Replies: 458
    Last Post: 04-01-2016, 02:28 PM
  3. Utah Football 2011
    By accadacca in forum The Sports Junkie
    Replies: 102
    Last Post: 02-15-2012, 05:07 PM
  4. Utah Football
    By CarpeyBiggs in forum The Sports Junkie
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 11-12-2007, 04:54 PM
  5. Utah Football
    By Iceaxe in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 09-04-2006, 10:01 AM

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •