Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Utah Football 2018

Utah Football 2018

Huntley has a broken collarbone and is out for the season.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.espn....platform%3Damp

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Huntley has a broken collarbone and is out for the season.
    Other then being butt hurt he was not QB2 I never understood why Tuttle didn't finish out the season with Utah as it was almost a guarantee that Huntley would get hurt at some point in the season. If nothing else Tuttle could have used it to learn.

And for the record I hear it was Tuttles dad that was butt hurt and the one actually making the decisions for his sons career.

Climb-Utah.com

Utah Football 2018

I’m sure Tuttle (or his Dad) is questioning the decision now. If Shelley doesn’t play well or gets hurt then Chase Hansen or Britain Covey will be playing quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    If Shelley doesn’t play well or gets hurt then Chase Hansen or Britain Covey will be playing quarterback.
    Drew Lisk (redshirt sophomore) is now QB2. you might see Covey get some training as an emergency QB, but for better or worse Utah's future is now in Shelley's hands.

I'm guessing Utah will put together some type of 10 play Wildcat package for Covey. This would given them a good option if Shelley had to come out for a play or two for something like helmet getting knocked off.

FWIW - Lisk was a walk on and was awarded a scholarship after 2018 spring ball when he led the white team to a win.

I heard Whitt mention those guys, but yeah I guess Drew is the #2 now.

Utah drops completely out of the AP and is 24th in the coaches. From 15 to out. Wow.

Utah Football 2018

Meet Jason Shelley, Utah’s starting Quarterback

https://www.blocku.com/2018/11/4/180...ng-quarterback

Always remember Alex Smith was QB2 behind Brett Elliott. Elliott was the starter in 2002 and was the starter for the first two games of 2003 until breaking his wrist. If Elliott had not of been injured there would be no first round NFL pick Alex Smith.

Can lightening strike twice? Shelley must have a descent game considering he beat out highly rated Tuttle for QB2.

If Shelley finishes out the season undefeated with a Rose Bowl win will injury prone Huntley ever see the field again?

Climb-Utah.com

10. Likes accadacca liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    If Shelley finishes out the season undefeated with a Rose Bowl win will injury prone Huntley ever see the field again?

Excellent question.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Always remember Alex Smith was QB2 behind Brett Elliott. Elliott was the starter in 2002 and was the starter for the first two games of 2003 until breaking his wrist. If Elliott had not of been injured there would be no first round NFL pick Alex Smith.

Can lightening strike twice? Shelley must have a descent game considering he beat out highly rated Tuttle for QB2.

Climb-Utah.com
    It'd be nice if that is a question we are faced with, but I am doubting we make it to the PAC Championship let alone the Rose bowl. I have this bad feeling that both Utah and byu will 6-5 going into the last game of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by uintafly View Post
    It'd be nice if that is a question we are faced with, but I am doubting we make it to the PAC Championship let alone the Rose bowl. I have this bad feeling that both Utah and byu will 6-5 going into the last game of the season.
    I'm kinda here myself. Hoping it won't happen.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Yeah I don't know how they're going to diffuse Justin Herbert this Saturday, and they're not going to beat a solid Colorado team in Boulder.

And it's November.

I gotta be realistic and agree that Utah will be 6 - 5 heading into the Holy War.

Utah Football 2018

Quote Originally Posted by uintafly View Post
    And play again in the Vegas bowl? LOL

Or play Utah State in a bowl and get smoked? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Yeah I don't know how they're going to diffuse Justin Herbert this Saturday
    How about dragging him to altitude and playing at home. RES is always a difficult place to play. Sea level teams have always hated to play in SLC.

In the NBA the Utah and Denver back to back is known as the Altitude Special and teams just hate it.

Climb-Utah.com

Utah Football 2018

Utah is favored by 4.5 at home.

Who you got this week?

I really fretted over this one.

If this was being played in October I would take Utah no question. But it's November, and Utah has a nasty habit of losing in sprees late in the season. I think last week's demoralizing and embarrassing loss in Tempe knocked them down a few pegs as well. As I was researching this showdown, the following points became apparent:

- Utah and Washington have a very similar defense -- in fact, their defenses are ranked side by side in yards against (Washington at 16th with 313.5 yards against, and Utah at 17th with 316.3 yards against). Oregon beat Washington by 3 points this season.

- Last year Oregon smoked Utah by a score of 41 - 20, led by backup quarterback Braxton Burmeister, who threw 47 yards, one TD and no interceptions. Justin Herbert was out with...get this....a broken collarbone.

- Oregon dominated Utah with their run game, led by Royce Freeman, who had 139 yards, and Tony Brooks-James, who had 105 yards and a TD. Royce Freeman now plays for the Denver Broncos, but Tony Brooks-James is still one of their leading running backs. Once again, our vaunted run defense was pushed aside by Oregon's superior O-line.

- The Ducks have probably changed a few things since last season they had a different coach (Willie Taggart).

- The Utes just couldn't get the offense rolling. Moss had just 53 yards rushing, although they did get 130 receiving yards out of Darren Carrington. Huntley threw for 293 yds, 2 TDs and no interceptions. Carrington had a key fumble that Oregon ran back for a TD.

- All of this is to say that Oregon has roughly the same cast as last year when they destroyed Utah by 20 points -- only this year they have Justin Herbert at the helm instead of a backup freshman.

- But on the other hand, Oregon sucks on the road lately, losing in Arizona by 29 points, and to Washington State by 14 points.

-Oregon has some key defensive injuries, and one of their best lineman Jake Hansen will miss half of the game due to suspension.

- Shelley is untested, and this is a key game. If he can deal with the pressure and deliver the Utes might have a chance. But this is uncharted territory, really. We haven't really seen what Shelley is capable of.

I really want to call the upset here, taking Oregon over a regrouping Utah squad. But I think (hope) Utah comes up with a much needed win here. If they lose this one their South Division title hopes are crushed. They have to know this.

Utah 27 ~ Ducks 24

19. Likes accadacca, gholt liked this post

Utah Football 2018

I’m picking the Utes by 3 touchdowns. The Hawks will put the hurt on the Ducks.

38 - 17

21. Likes Sandstone Addiction liked this post
    Word on the street is Zack Moss injured his knee in practice and is out for the season. My prediction must change.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndica...njury.amp.html

^^^This changes everything.

Utah 20
    Ducks 28
    Last edited by rockgremlin; 11-08-2018 at 06:39 PM.

God is punishing us for passing Prop 2. I had family obligations tomorrow so I sold my tickets, I think I may be glad I did now. No fun watching a home blowout.

I feel really bad for Moss. Probably went from a 2-3 round pick to who knows what now. I had family obligations tomorrow so I sold my tickets, I think I may be glad I did now.

25. Likes rockgremlin liked this post