Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Utah Football 2018

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    That may have been a curve ball by Kyle. He’s not going to tip off UW.
    Except when Whit kept saying more Booker I thought he was throwing a curve ball.... but nope.... he meant more Booker.

Whit is Chris Peterson's bitch.

/End Discussion

Climb-Utah.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Utah Football 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Except when Whit kept saying more Booker I thought he was throwing a curve ball.... but nope.... he meant more Booker.

Whit is Chris Peterson's bitch.

/End Discussion

Climb-Utah.com
    Doesn’t Booker play for the Denver Broncos?

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Doesn’t Booker play for the Denver Broncos?
    What I'm saying is we've seen this movie before....

Moss

Booker

John White

Joe Williams

3 yards and a cloud of dust.... leave it up to the defense, don't put the D in a bad position.

Utah is getting a really bad reputation among recruits as the place quarterback's go to die.

Climb-Utah.com

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    3 yards and a cloud of dust.... leave it up to the defense

Exactly.

Any rational person can see that that strategy works sometimes, but not all the time. But if you ask Whittingham what to do when you've spent 3 quarters running your RB into a brick wall on 3 and out plays all game, he'll undoubtedly assure you that the remedy is to keep running the ball until the end of the game or the RB's death -- whichever comes first.

Like, the solution to shitty offensive plays is to continue running more shitty offensive plays. I can't figure it out.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Pretty entertaining read about Utah's defense here from Washington's perspective:

https://www.uwdawgpound.com/2018/9/1...ulian-blackmon

7. Likes Sandstone Addiction, Iceaxe liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Pretty entertaining read about Utah's defense here from Washington's perspective:

https://www.uwdawgpound.com/2018/9/1...ulian-blackmon
    That makes me feel slightly better about the game. I still think Utah is going to get demolished Saturday.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gholt View Post
    That makes me feel slightly better about the game. I still think Utah is going to get demolished Saturday.

Yup. The Utah offense (led by Tyler Huntley) is an embarrassment.

Well, it's official: Utah sucks.

We can't even run an intercepted pass in for a free touchdown. Ugh what an awful, horrific, ugly game. It confirmed all of my suspicions. Washington laid bare all of Utah's flaws and made the Utes look mediocre in almost every aspect.

What happened to all of that preseason talk about how much more improved Huntley is? What happened to all of that talk about how improved the WR corps is? And how Moss was going to run riot?

Turns out that's all it was: just talk. A lot of hot air that went out the window the second a superior team walked onto the field to challenge them.

I saw a pathetically pedestrian team out there tonight. No leadership at QB. Terrible play calling, and on top of it all just glaring errors. Turnovers. Fumbles. Mistakes. Miscues. It was so bad that not even the defense could bail them out tonight.

If Kyle doesn't change out Huntley for somebody else he's a damn fool. Everybody can see how terrible he is. Why continue to ride out the race on a lame horse? It'll never work out.

The only thing I can really say about yesterday's game is it would have been a good day to be a BYU fan...

Climb-Utah.com

12. Likes Sandstone Addiction, gholt liked this post
    It was fun to be at the game good tail gate food at the guest house. But awful game.

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    well--look at the bright side, Utah is still the 3rd or 4th best team in the state...
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

Here's some more comparatively good news. In spite of all of Utah's woes it could definitely be worse. We could be in UCLA's shoes right now. The Bruins are 0 - 3, and over the weekend got a 38 - 14 shellacking by none other than Fresno State...

Also, USC got creamed by the Longhorns, and previously ranked Arizona State got beat by San Diego State. It appears the Pac-12 is on shaky legs these days.

Utah Football 2018

Watching USC and Washington State and they both have much better offenses, but maybe no defense. Once again Utah is like the Baltimore Ravens..

Whit says Utah needs more production out of the offense....

WOW!!! Ya think!

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/utah-u...re-production/

Climb-Utah.com

Every year that goes by I find myself cursing KW more often, and frequently wonder when/if the day will ever arrive when someone will finally grow a pair and kick him to the curb.

Every year that goes by I find myself cursing KW more often, and frequently wonder when/if the day will ever arrive when someone will finally grow a pair and kick him to the curb.
    Is the sky falling?

The Utah program is exactly what I expected when they joined the PAC 12, and Whit is delivering exactly as I expected.

Utah is just not an elite program and never will be, it's all about the money. Our future, if we are lucky, is filled with a bunch of 7, 8 and 9 win seasons, with minor bowl games and with luck a trip to the Rose Bowl every 20 years.

Expecting more then that is pissing into the wind.

Well peeps. It's prediction time again. I will humbly remind you that Wazzu has Utah's number. They beat us last year at Rice-Eccles, so they're pretty much guaranteed a win at their own stadium.

Utes 27
    WSU Cougars 38

Well peeps. It's prediction time again. I will humbly remind you that Wazzu has Utah's number. They beat us last year at Rice-Eccles, so they're pretty much guaranteed a win at their own stadium.

Utes 27
    WSU Cougars 38
    I don’t think the score will be that high.

Utah 17
    Washington State 24

Utah 14 wsu 21