Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: Utah Football 2018

If I were a Huskies fan I wouldn't be cheering too loudly about last night's game. UW barely scraped past a broken, second string, freshman Utah team who didn't allow their offense anything more than one measly field goal and damn near beat them.

And if they get Ohio State in the Rose Bowl they're going to get destroyed.
    mis·an·drist
    /miˈsandrist/

1. [noun] a person who dislikes, despises, or is strongly prejudiced against men.

• "the counterpart to a misogynist is a misandrist"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

^^^ I've never seen coach Whittingham that angry...ever.

And although the game was already lost long before the last play of the game, the fact still remains that that dumbass ref who stood there and didn't blow his whistle deserves to be reprimanded. It was an obvious PI.
    mis·an·drist
    /miˈsandrist/

1. [noun] a person who dislikes, despises, or is strongly prejudiced against men.

• "the counterpart to a misogynist is a misandrist"

If Utah doesn't get the Holiday Bowl they will get kicked into one of the who gives a crap bowls.

Here's how I see it or hope.

Rose gets Washington

Alamo gets WaZoo

Holiday hopefully takes Utah

Redbox Bowl will not take Utah as they played Levi Stadium Friday

Sun Bowl God I hope not as we're into who gives a crap territory

LV Bowl would love Utah to slide this far down

Climb-Utah.com

Utah Football 2018

#17 Utah is headed to the Holiday bowl against #22 Northwestern on Dec. 31 at 5 p.m. MST (FS1) at SDCCU Stadium in San Diego.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    ^^^ I've never seen coach Whittingham that angry...ever.

And although the game was already lost long before the last play of the game, the fact still remains that that dumbass ref who stood there and didn't blow his whistle deserves to be reprimanded. It was an obvious PI.
    Why was the game lost before that? I keep reading this, but I disagree. If they throw a flag it puts Utah on the 25, 1st and 10 with about 40 seconds left. It's not like they were down 2 scores or something. I'm not saying we would have necessarily scored, but they were moving the ball a bit downfield and I have seen worse offenses score in that place. If they would have scored I would hope they went for 2. I'd say at least a 10% chance to get the TD and the conversion. Not a slam dunk by any chance but not over over imo.

9-4 record with a New Years Eve Bowl in San Diego against a ranked P5 school? Maybe not a perfect season, but there aren't many schools out there who wouldn't trade places with the Utes. Overall, a good season.

Quote Originally Posted by uintafly View Post
    I'd say at least a 10% chance to get the TD and the conversion. Not a slam dunk by any chance but not over over imo.

9-4 record with a New Years Eve Bowl in San Diego against a ranked P5 school? Maybe not a perfect season, but there aren't many schools out there who wouldn't trade places with the Utes. Overall, a good season.
    I'd agree with the 10% chance if utah gets the call.

The Holiday Bowl is certainly a top 10 bowl and is where a top 20 team belongs. It's one of the older bowls and has a descent payout.

FWIW - Whittingham played in the Holiday bowl 4 straight years as a player and was named MVP one year.