Thread: Autocorrect?

Autocorrect?

I haven't been able to figure this out. Why does the typed word "are" on my (Samsung) phone always autocorrect to "ate"? Are is not an uncommon word.

Has anyone else seen this?
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

it might be the context you're using it in, such as, what was the complete sentence you were using?

Otherwise it assumes you eat too much, maybe quit Googling restaurants so much

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    I haven't been able to figure this out. Why does the typed word "are" on my (Samsung) phone always autocorrect to "ate"? Are is not an uncommon word.

Has anyone else seen this?
    No my phone does it too. You're not alone.

Another thing that's weird is that almost every time I type the word "iPhone" it autocorrects to a poop emoji.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

it might be the context you're using it in, such as, what was the complete sentence you were using?
    A sentence such as "Are you going to the store?" will not autocorrect to "ate", but often something like "You are awesome" or something similar will.

No my phone does it too. You're not alone.
    Good to know. It must be a glitch. Only my new phone does this.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

My phone autocorrects to "What the fork", and I can promise you I've never referenced a fork... ever....