Thread: Late November heat wave

Late November heat wave

Utah has been warm too, but Colorado has been off the charts as far as temperatures for late November go.

81 in Denver yesterday breaks not only the daily record, but the all time November record. Some areas were in the upper 80's and experienced temperatures normal for mid to late June. Ski resorts such as Aspen were in the mid 60's. Even Craig was 65. Places in Wyoming were in the mid 70's.

Yesterday's temperatures:

Name:  COLORADO HEAT.JPG
Views: 148
Size:  76.6 KB
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The first column in Scott's chart above refers to airports at or near those towns/cities. Although usually reliable, temperature reports from airfields can be several degrees different* from both rural and built-up areas, due to the amount of concrete around, and that airfields are usually away from said towns/cities.

For example, I would expect the temperature in Denver itself to be a couple of degrees warmer than the new Denver airport (DEN in the column above) at this time of year, but the reverse in the summer.

Rob

* The difference can be warmer or cooler, depending on time of year and other factors.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob L View Post
    The first column in Scott's chart above refers to airports at or near those towns/cities. Although usually reliable, temperature reports from airfields can be several degrees different* from both rural and built-up areas, due to the amount of concrete around, and that airfields are usually away from said towns/cities.

For example, I would expect the temperature in Denver itself to be a couple of degrees warmer than the new Denver airport (DEN in the column above) at this time of year, but the reverse in the summer.

Rob

* The difference can be warmer or cooler, depending on time of year and other factors.
    I think this is termed "The Urban Heat Effect" -- it comes up in discussions about global warming.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

I'm glad I didn't screw myself into buying a season pass again at Snowbasin