View Poll Results: Which Carrier Provides the Best Mountain Coverage?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • T-Mobile

0 0%
  • AT&T

2 18.18%
  • Verizon

9 81.82%
  • Spring

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which Carrier Provides the Best Mountain Coverage?

Now the bastards at Xfinity are trying to charge me more for going over their monthly quota. You gotta be kidding me!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

To be fair, $20 bucks for over a terabyte of data in one month seems reasonable.

I'm still trying to wrap my brain around how you use that much data in a month. Does your entire family keep all their iProducts running nonstop 24/7?
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    To be fair, $20 bucks for over a terabyte of data in one month seems reasonable.

I'm still trying to wrap my brain around how you use that much data in a month. Does your entire family keep all their iProducts running nonstop 24/7?
    Yes. I’m the only person in my family that watches cable. The rest of the family watches Netflix and other streaming services. At times we have 6 devices streaming at once, especially in the winter months.

I’ve come close to pulling the trigger on YouTube TV and dumping Xfinity for cable. I noticed during a free trial that they blackout a few sporting events though. Probably only a few, but they do have 4-5 more sports channels then I get for only $39/m.

I keep getting dinged with overage charges from Verizon. I only use 8GB a month, but that last week is full of warnings and overcharges. I'm sick of it. Who uses T-Mobile here? Seriously wanting to make the switch, but don't want to get locked into something I'll eventually regert.

I use TMobile, been on it for 10 years. And every year I keep talking about making the switch to Verizon.

It's ok though, I only start looking at Verizon when I'm way up in the mountains and I can't pull up a YouTube video fast enough. Then I get home and everything's ok.

For everything urban, TMobile works. My signal never cuts out inside of buildings like it used to with Verizon.

For mountain and overall coverage. Look at their maps.
    Verizon > T-Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by Sandstone Addiction View Post
    Does anyone have any experience with one of these?

https://www.wilsonamplifiers.com/web...er-kit-470510/

Name:  Wilson Amplifiers.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  56.9 KB
    I have one and it gives me a signal when I don't have one. With the booster I have a signal in most all of the San Rafael Swell. I still think the carry matters because my friend with AT&T doesn't always get a signal when I do with Verizon.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

10. Likes accadacca, Sandstone Addiction liked this post
    Update:

I signed up with T-Mobile and couldn't get good coverage. So I switched to AT&T and couldn't even get coverage in the back of Walmart. So after two 14 day return clauses I returned back to Verizon.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

12. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo View Post
    Update:
    and couldn't even get coverage in the back of Walmart.
    Man I wish I could return what I got in the back of Walmart

14. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    Man I wish I could return what I got in the back of Walmart
    This is gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Discgo View Post
    I signed up with T-Mobile and couldn't get good coverage. So I switched to AT&T and couldn't even get coverage in the back of Walmart. So after two 14 day return clauses I returned back to Verizon.
    This is exactly what I needed to hear. I've been flirting with switching from Verizon to anyone else, and I almost pulled the trigger on switching to T-Mobile last Friday. Now I'm kinda glad I didn't.

Thanks for the helpful update.

16. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    Posting this from the Wedge Overlook out in the San Raphael Swell.

This is why I pay a little more for Verizon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Posting this from the Wedge Overlook out in the San Raphael Swell.

This is why I pay a little more for Verizon.
    What’s interesting is that in Kaysville where I live, I have 2 bars maximum around town.

But on the east side of Zion, about a mile north of the Mount Carmel junction I had 5 bars!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    Verizon in the West for sure. I've tested AT&T, Spring & TMOBILE. I've left a data card from each connected while driving to San Diego and Verizon never dropped once, where the others did routinely.

And, I also have a high gain mobile AMP setup that will boost my signal in even the most remote places. I love & HATE IT. Love it because when I want to stream Netflix, 1x becomes 4G, HATE it because when I'm remote, I really don't want that call or SLACK IM from work. :)
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

Once again this weekend we were up in the Uintas in a cabin, Verizon was the only service with any bars. We were all begging that he tether his phone and allow the whole gang to get some internet juices.

Update: Since making this post, I have tried AT&T, & T-Mobile and bone back to Verizon each time after a week. I have confirmed that Verizon has the best coverage for rural areas in the Western United States. My family and I recently drove through Arizona, Nevada, Utah, Wyoming, South Dakota, & North Dakota. We had T-Mobile and Verizon phones and checked the coverage regularly. Verizon had coverage in about 85% of rural areas and T-Mobile had coverage in about 15%. There was only one spot for T-Mobile had better coverage than Verizon and a mile later Verizon caught up. If you need coverage in the Outdoors, I strongly recommend Verizon.

P.S. There are 2 canyons in Utah where I have had coverage with AT&T where Verizon did not have coverage but many more areas where Verizon had coverage and AT&T did not.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5