Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: The Bogley Weather Report

I waited as long as I could @Rock,....but my neighbor's snowblower died, and before he went and bought a brand new one, he gave me his to fix up and keep.

I had it running in 10 minutes.

Name:  20180304_145528.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  55.6 KB

2. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Saturday was windy and hard. Definitely a speed day at Brighton. Conditions weren’t great but watching the 6 year old leave the wedge behind and lay trenches was as fun as powder.

Sunday at Alta was A+ blower pow. Pure Alta all day. I still smile thinking of it.

Today was was a nice refresh at Alta and early 30” tracks on backside can’t be beat. Still found really good snow all day long.

Overall a damn fine long weekend and full mid season base in LCC. But 65k vert on my legs in 72 hours will keep me on the couch drinking beer this evening.

Well, it appears as if even God can't pull us out of the current winter drought we're experiencing. What's more, it looks like those really cool NRCS weather maps will be discontinued at the end of the year because of "staffing issues."

Name:  march08.JPG
Views: 385
Size:  202.9 KB
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Well, it appears as if even God can't pull us out of the current winter drought we're experiencing. What's more, it looks like those really cool NRCS weather maps will be discontinued at the end of the year because of "staffing issues."

Name:  march08.JPG
Views: 385
Size:  202.9 KB
    The miracle March has arrived! 1-2” of water content across the state from this latest storm last night...and with more to come this weekend and all next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Winter sucks

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I had to drive from South Jordan to Kaysville today. Major weather up north and took me 15 minutes longer to get to work.

Now driving to St. George and major snow statewide. Whiteout through central Utah.

Rained in STG most all day today

Quote Originally Posted by 2065toyota View Post
    Rained in STG most all day today
    Should make for some nice dust free, tacky dirt for the dirt bikes tomorrow!

The recent storms gave Utah a bit of a bump. NE Uintahs almost 90% now, and the rest of the State is out of the red zone.

13. Likes Sandstone Addiction, jman liked this post
    Blog Entries

The recent storms gave Utah a bit of a bump. NE Uintahs almost 90% now, and the rest of the State is out of the red zone.
    It’s getting better.

And more to come all this week too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

I was smart enough to avoid skiing in the rain on Thursday, but got up for a few hours on Friday. It was actually pretty damn good. I felt like I was skiing in the PNW, but it was soft and fun. The trees were especially delightful. Sun came out just after 2 and turned the parking lot into a bunch of rivers and the snow into gloop.

All those nice soft and wet piles of snow on Friday froze solid and converted into death cookies by Saturday morning. Groomers were nice and fast, but as soon as you got onto anything ungroomed and that saw the sun on Friday, it was combat skiing. I think I may have knocked out a filling at Brighton.

This morning was better. A little hiking to find protected snow was worth it, but spring is definitely here now. Birds were chirping at my house this morning and I found myself thinking of bike trails and dirt. I think I may be in a powder day only skier for the rest of the season. Time to go to the desert for a few days. I have a weird switch and in the course of a week or so I will convert from praying for snow every day to praying from dry trails.

Of course, it's now snowing at my house so I will probably have to shoot up tomorrow morning for few hours.

16. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    My driveway finally got 4-5 inches of snow last night. First time that's happened all winter.

18. Likes Sandstone Addiction, devo_stevo liked this post
    We only had a trace on our lawn this morning in PG.
    Are we there yet?

My driveway finally got 4-5 inches of snow last night. First time that's happened all winter.
    I got about the same in Brigham. Only difference was there it pretty much melted off the driveway and roads as it fell. On the cars and grass, though it was not bad at all.

"While snowpack is way below normal, Utah’s water reserves are not in bad shape. A hydrologist says it’s too late to catch up on mountain snowpack, but stored water will get Utah through the summer."

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=46292740&nid=148&title=utahs-snowpack-dismal-but-state-has-enough-water
    Are we there yet?

23. Likes double moo liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post

That's hilarious. I like that weatherman.

It kind of keys on another pet peeve of mine (aside from overly judgy people ) -- weatherpeople who are overly ecstatic about sunny and warm weather during the winter months. All winter I've listened to the weatherpeople get excited when we had a stretch of unseasonably warm temperatures and no snow. Ummm...do they know about our current drought situation? Yeah -- hooray that it's 50 all winter with very little snow...I'm sure the ski resorts are equally as excited, right? And all of those skiers who have been sliding around on slush all winter because it hasn't snowed in forever. Yup, they're having a party because of all that wonderful warm weather. And what about when they start dolling out fines for running your sprinklers for too long this summer because the reservoirs are drying up? That's great too, right?

Instead of throwing confetti every time we get a stretch of warm temps, they should be doing rain dances. Get some Native Americans all up in there. Wipe that dopey grin off their face and get out there and seed the clouds. Geez, what do we pay these people for? Do something. Anything besides breaking pinatas and toasting champagne to the unseasonably warm weather.

On the other hand, when I've expressed joy at a nice day this past winter, I'd get "blamed" for the low snow pack and how our lakes and rivers need the water this summer.

Sorry, I was only thinking of myself, I'll try to be upset on nice days during the winter lol

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

26. Likes Sandstone Addiction liked this post
    Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    ~80F yesterday with 60-105mph winds and I wake up to 31F and 2 inches of snow on the ground today. SMH! Welcome to Utah!
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce