Thread: Hiking Tips with Dog

Hiking Tips with Dog

I am planning to bring along my dog for a hike this December, this will be his first time if ever so I am bit worry. He is a smart lab, but then again, I am not that sure whether to use a collar the whole journey. My boyfriend told me to use one of his Garmin Astro so that I can easily track the location of my dog, but I am afraid that I might be lost it along the way. The said product is a bit expensive, so I am wondering if there are other alternatives that I can consider. I am also looking forward to some tips that I can use in order to have a hassle journey.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I like to take my dog on a leash through the city up to the outskirts of town. Once out of the city I'll let my dog off leash if nobody is around. I'll leash her back up if people come near.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by itsgreta View Post
    He is a smart lab
    That made me laugh so hard I blew beer out of my nose...

Hey Greta...I assume that's you name, what country are you from? I'm just curious, as I can imagine you speaking with a thick accent.

In regards to the dog, perhaps it's best not to worry so much and take it out when your boyfriend will be with you. Taking a dog for a hike shouldn't involve so much concern.

If it's going to happen anyway, I recommend a shock collar. If it gets away from you, blast his ass.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

I guess a leash is way better than a shock collar. Thanks for your suggestions.

interesting thread, I also have the same question

i was planning to go with my dog. Thanks for this

So much spam in this thread, including the original post.
    Blog | FB

10. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Udink View Post
    Yeah, no kidding! My post was just me being my typical smart-ass self. Although I'm serious about the shock collar. A friend of mine trains dogs, and when that thing goes on, they go along with the program.

I have to wonder what these people are trying to accomplish? Hey, any of you spammers want to clue us in on what the purpose is? Anybody here know something I don't?

It just seems like a huge waste of time to me.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

12. Likes jman liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Udink View Post
    Tough call sometimes, there are no links posted by the OP. Been looking at this one for a little while now, decided to keep it. The others, probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    Tough call sometimes, there are no links posted by the OP. Been looking at this one for a little while now, decided to keep it.
    Yup. Same here. At first I thought spam, but there's nothing there that's incriminating.

Strange indeed.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    Tough call sometimes, there are no links posted by the OP. Been looking at this one for a little while now, decided to keep it. The others, probably not.
    Hover your mouse over "Garmin Astro" in the original post. Unless that was added automatically by the forum software?
    Blog | FB

16. Likes twotimer, rockgremlin liked this post