Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Sexual Assault Allegations

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

2. Likes windminstrel, rockgremlin liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

It looks like Franken is bailing on his promise to step down from the Senate. It appears it was all a Democratic scam to make Roy Moore look bad so he wouldn't get elected.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    It looks like Franken is bailing on his promise to step down from the Senate. It appears it was all a Democratic scam to make Roy Moore look bad so he wouldn't get elected.
    Fascinating. When/where did he say he wasn't resigning? And what does that have to do with Moore?

Quote Originally Posted by tanngrisnir View Post
    Fascinating. When/where did he say he wasn't resigning? And what does that have to do with Moore?
    Let's put it this way... I'm taking bets that Franken doesn't step down voluntarily... step up and place your bets... if you think I'm wrong this should be easy money.... the betting window is now open.

Let's put it this way... I'm taking bets that Franken doesn't step down voluntarily... step up and place your bets... if you think I'm wrong this should be easy money.... the betting window is now open.
    I will take the bet. $100?

Quote Originally Posted by uintafly View Post

Name:  gauntlet.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  49.5 KB
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by uintafly View Post
    You should have taken the bet yesterday before Franken gave us a January 2 date earlier today. It was his open ended date that caused me issues....

I would have taken that bet, too. He's the only one that has a picture of him being a creep. He's as toxic as Johnny Danger.

Hell, I would have bet you a grandad on that one.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    I would have taken that bet, too. He's the only one that has a picture of him being a creep. He's as toxic as Johnny Danger.

Hell, I would have bet you a grandad on that one.
    Franken originally left his resignation date open ended.... I just didn't think there was a chance in hell he would step down voluntarily. I figured he would just drag this out for a couple weeks until the media moved on to their next feeding frenzy, that's what most politicians do in this day and age.

Yesterday many Democrats were urging Franken to stay in office and go before an ethics review panel to see if he should be removed.
    It was that shit storm brewing over Franken's open date that made me offer the bet, but he named a date this morning which closed the betting window.

Sexual Assault Allegations

He is an actor, but I thought he gave a great resignation speech.

You should have taken the bet yesterday before Franken gave us a January 2 date earlier today. It was his open ended date that caused me issues....
    I was hoping you were going to miss that news today.

Sexual Assault Allegations

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

16. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
    Is that Oprah sucking on Weinstein's earlobe?

Funny to think that just recently Orrin Hatch unofficially endorsed her as the next president...
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Wonder how much oprah sold her to harvey,for.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

20. Likes Iceaxe liked this post
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

Things are blowing up at Michigan State and the NCAA.

Report: NCAA president was alerted to Michigan State sexual assaults in 2010

NCAA president Mark Emmert was reportedly notified in November 2010 of 37 complaints of sexual assault committed by Michigan State athletes.

A letter sent to Emmert - dated Nov. 17, 2010 - by National Coalition Against Violent Athletes founder Kathy Redmond reveals her concerns with Michigan State, specifically, which she raised to Emmert. The letter was sent after Redmond and Emmert met in person to discuss the nationwide issue of sexual violence involving NCAA athletes.

Redmond told Nicole Auerbach of The Athletic she left her meeting with Emmert encouraged by his stated desire to address and eliminate sexual violence, but saw minimal action taken to back up his words.

"What I really got from the experience with Mark Emmert was that governing body governs him," she said. "He met with me, which was great and I appreciated that. But the governing board has an awful lot of power. … It's a strange setup. You do kind of get the fox-guarding-the-hen-house mentality. You do feel like the NCAA doesn't like to do investigations because they like their relationships (with university officials and conferences). I think Mark Emmert came in with the right tone but quickly realized 'there’s not a lot I can do here.'"

Redmond said she specifically pointed to how Michigan State president Lou Anna K. Simon had handled a complaint of sexual assault against two basketball players (Keith Appling and Adreian Payne) in the meeting with Emmert more than seven years ago.

Simon stepped down from her post Wednesday amid public outrage over the university's handling of sexual assault complaints. The scandal gained notoriety during the trial of Larry Nassar, the former USA Gymnastics doctor who also worked in Michigan State's athletic department. Accused of abusing more than 150 women since 1992, he was sentenced Wednesday to up to 175 years in jail.

Talk about attempting to bury a story.... Hillary Clinton releases explanation on why she didn't fire sexual predator and campaign adviser moments before Presidents State of the Union address.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...n-adviser.html

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Things are blowing up at Michigan State and the NCAA.

Report: NCAA president was alerted to Michigan State sexual assaults in 2010

NCAA president Mark Emmert was reportedly notified in November 2010 of 37 complaints of sexual assault committed by Michigan State athletes.

A letter sent to Emmert - dated Nov. 17, 2010 - by National Coalition Against Violent Athletes founder Kathy Redmond reveals her concerns with Michigan State, specifically, which she raised to Emmert. The letter was sent after Redmond and Emmert met in person to discuss the nationwide issue of sexual violence involving NCAA athletes.

Redmond told Nicole Auerbach of The Athletic she left her meeting with Emmert encouraged by his stated desire to address and eliminate sexual violence, but saw minimal action taken to back up his words.

"What I really got from the experience with Mark Emmert was that governing body governs him," she said. "He met with me, which was great and I appreciated that. But the governing board has an awful lot of power. … It's a strange setup. You do kind of get the fox-guarding-the-hen-house mentality. You do feel like the NCAA doesn't like to do investigations because they like their relationships (with university officials and conferences). I think Mark Emmert came in with the right tone but quickly realized 'there’s not a lot I can do here.'"

Redmond said she specifically pointed to how Michigan State president Lou Anna K. Simon had handled a complaint of sexual assault against two basketball players (Keith Appling and Adreian Payne) in the meeting with Emmert more than seven years ago.

Simon stepped down from her post Wednesday amid public outrage over the university's handling of sexual assault complaints. The scandal gained notoriety during the trial of Larry Nassar, the former USA Gymnastics doctor who also worked in Michigan State's athletic department. Accused of abusing more than 150 women since 1992, he was sentenced Wednesday to up to 175 years in jail.
    I love how the Mark Emmert didn't do a thing about Michigan State, but a year later brought the hammer down on Miami for Shapiro buying consensual lap dances for players.