Thread: Suggestions?

Suggestions?

Should have started its trip report but I didn't I've added some info and some pictures.

Headed down to North Wash for a couple of days and have one day we haven't decided what we want to do. I've never done Monoxide, Adobe swell, anything in the Butler area, or maidenwater. Don't really want to swim not going to be very warm anybody got a suggestion of any of those we should pick?
    Thanks Mark

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Shenanigans

All dry (except for the last little bit after the last rappel, which isn't a big deal) + the slots are incredible.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Monoxide should be near the bottom of any list as it's nothing special. Adobe Swale is alright, but it's one of those canyons you'll do, but probably never do again. The Maidenwaters are all good canyons but they do have the ability to hold water. Hope that helps.

What about something in the Roost?

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    I was surprised this last weekend at how good a couple canyons were that I had not done in the last 10 years: Slideanide and Monkey Business. Both really good and, at least at the moment, completely dry (or close to it).

The corkscrew rappel in MB is a bit tricky, but maybe that is my Anchor-OCD kicking in. There is a problem-solving-challenge up at "that other place" at the moment.

You can also do Foolin Around without doing the last tight narrow section which also has the only swim. You can do Shenanigans and escape after the third section, up and left. An excellent canyon, even without the dramatic finishing section.

Hogs? Good stuff there, and no water.

Monoxide and Adobe Swale are lame.

Tom

6. Likes mcweyen liked this post
    Skill level of your group? For an easy, fun day I second the Maidenwaters, and South is better imho. Never seen more than knee deep water there and it’s right at the end. We did it the day after Thanksgiving. Should be beautiful this weekend.

Agreed ! Just did all 3 Butlers for 1st time in mid Oct, and repeat of Slide. All are good stuff - just about right length for this time of year light and temps. Shenanigans is a blast - I was kinda worrying about the squeeze but at 6' 145lb it was no issue. Excellent canyon.

9. Likes ratagonia liked this post
    Had a guy decide to come along he just got the screws and plates out of his ankle so we decided to go a little bit different route. We went and did Hogwarts, Morocco, Mary piglet one day. Then we did East leprechaun, up Right Fork of Blarney, down left Fork of Blarney and headed home. All the canyons were dry except for one spot in Merry Piglet had a great time. Ran into a group of seven women out canyoneering together, was fun to talk to them. They were having an absolute great time.

11. Likes ratagonia, Iceaxe liked this post
    Few pics.

13. Likes Rob L, ratagonia, rockgremlin liked this post