Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Trump will visit Utah to change Bears Ears and Grand Staircase national monuments

Hatch: 'Greedy energy tycoons' not behind Bears Ears reduction
    http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=46272679&nid=960

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Hatch: 'Greedy energy tycoons' not behind Bears Ears reduction
    http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=46272679&nid=960

hatch clearly has trouble reading the NYT article

It will be a great road, a big beautiful road, a road Americans can be proud of.

This should really get the liberals panties in a bunch.... The Trump National Parks Highway will run right through the center of what was Bears Ears NM.

Utah one step closer to becoming home of Trump National Highway
    http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=46274188&nid=960

It will be a great road, a big beautiful road, a road Americans can be proud of.

This should really get the liberals panties in a bunch.... The Trump National Parks Highway will run right through the center of what was Bears Ears NM.

Utah one step closer to becoming home of Trump National Highway
    http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=46274188&nid=960
    These bumpkins are slipping... Shouldn't they first name the Highway "Obama National Parks Highway" then reverse it and rename it "Trump National Parks Highway". Same road and same functionality, different name so its better. I'm here to help.

6. Likes BruteForce liked this post
    If naming it the Trump Highway keeps fewer people from gang banging the place, that'll work fine with me.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    If naming it the Trump Highway keeps fewer people from gang banging the place, that'll work fine with me.
    I think there should be a big beautiful wall, with a big beautiful gate, built at both ends of the highway to keep the Subaru's out.

I think there should be a big beautiful wall, with a big beautiful gate, built at both ends of the highway to keep the Subaru's out.

HA!...I don't mind the Subaru's that much, they've been around forever. It's all those big RV's and campers. I've noticed a lot more of them parked there and about in Cedar Mesa and I'd like it not to turn into the east end of the swell.

I guess I just miss the "wild" feeling it had 25 years ago.
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

HA!...I don't mind the Subaru's that much, they've been around forever. It's all those big RV's and campers. I've noticed a lot more of them parked there and about in Cedar Mesa and I'd like it not to turn into the east end of the swell.

I guess I just miss the "wild" feeling it had 25 years ago.
    I've agreed with TwoTimer a few times...

This could be the dumbest thing IxeAce has ever said. I drove a Suby waaaaay before I turned into a Lesbian. At least Suburu owners get out and Dog's drive their cars in commercials.

Suburu's > RV's

I'm with you 2Timer... 27 years ago I went to the Swell for the first time. I saw like 10 cars over 3 days.... I was in college (from California) and about 2 days in I decided I'd never leave Utah. I miss those days as well.

11. Likes twotimer liked this post
    I totally agree

Subaru > RV

But that's still like bragging about being the best reader in the dumb reading group.

ROFLMAO

But that's still like bragging about being the best reader in the dumb reading group.
    Haha, I totally agree, I've noticed you read reeel good!

PRESS RELEASE:

Acquisition of Colt Mesa Copper-Cobalt Property, Utah,
    Surface Grab Samples Return 0.88% Copper and 2.31% Cobalt

VANCOUVER, British Columbia, June 13, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Glacier Lake Resources Inc. (TSXV:GLI) – (“Glacier” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce the acquisition of the “Colt Mesa” copper-cobalt property in Garfield County, southcentral Utah. The property is readily accessible by gravel roads from Boulder, the closest community with services and support. Key takeaways:

• Property covers the past producing Colt Mesa mine, a copper deposit with associated cobalt, zinc, nickel and molybdenum mineralization.

• Area recently became open for staking and exploration after a 21 year period moratorium, due to the reduction of the “Grand Staircase Escalante National Monument” by President Trump in December 2017.

“The Colt Mesa acquisition broadens our focus on sedimentary hosted copper deposits, with a significant bonus of cobalt and nickel mineralization indicated. There is strong investor interest in the “Battery Metals” sector, including cobalt, nickel and copper. With this new interest coupled with the growth of the EV sector and strong demand for cobalt, the Colt Mesa project is a welcome addition to the Company’s ever growing portfolio of projects,” says Saf Dhillon, president and chief executive officer.

Surface exploration work will start this summer on the Colt Mesa property and drill permitting will be initiated shortly.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/13/glob...-point-31.html

^^^Earth First! We'll mine the other planets later.

I wouldn't be too concerned with this. They're just boosting their portfolio to get more investors. It's a rather common trick that junior mining companies do to gain support (sell more shares of their stock). These rarely take off into the realm of production.

But I'll ask around about it for sure.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

I'll cruise down there this winter and see if it's getting tore up. We used to drive all the way to just before Moody Canyon to access the Waterpocket Fold during backpacking trips. Nice and lonely down there.

Anybody know if this site is south of Choprock?
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

OK, I did some digging (pun intended, haha). Glacier Lake Resources investors should probably change the channel at this point because they're not going to like what I have to say from here on...

As I suspected, Glacier Lake Resources is a Canadian junior mining company. Canadian juniors are notorious for drumming up support for their stock, making sensational claims about their fabulously rich mining projects scattered all over the globe. Much of the time their claims are unsubstantiated, or published with very little technical analysis or review. But hey -- these press reports are directed towards investors -- investment bankers and folks who are mostly ignorant about mining but have a lot of money to invest. As is the case with their "Colt Mesa" project in southern Utah. Here's why we won't see anybody developing this project much beyond their flimsy press release:

1. In the first place, they haven't even secured permits with the regulatory agency within the State of Utah. That's strike one...and that's a BIG strike. Without permits, no mining activity may commence -- not even exploration work may be accomplished.

2. In the second place, they are publishing Copper, Zinc, and Cobalt sampling values from surface grab samples. For those unfamiliar with mining, basically what they did was pay some high priced geologist to go pick up pretty rocks out of the old mine dump and scattered about the mine entrance and send them off to the lab for analysis. Well, of course the lab results are going to return favorable -- their geologist cherry picked the flashiest and most attractive rocks he could find to send for analysis. It probably would've looked a lot less attractive if he'd have put a blindfold on just prior to "sampling", but hey that wouldn't have yielded as promising a press release. I worked for 2 years for a copper mining Canadian junior in southern Utah, and I've seen the way this game is played. We did the exact same thing there too -- sample pretty rocks we found on the surface and then publish the results to eager investors. It happens all the time.

And if this deposit is anything like all of the other sediment hosted copper deposits in southern Utah (Copper Ridge, Fry Canyon, Lisbon Valley, Copper Globe), it is a very small vein or lode type deposit that is controlled by bedding planes and faults. So the mineralization is confined to a very small space, and is therefore NOT amenable to large scale mining. Not even the old timers were able to make much of the deposit because it was so small. Sure the grades may have been high, but the volume just isn't there, so it isn't profitable to mine.

3. Lastly, with the location of the potential mine being sandwiched between Capitol Reef and Grand Staircase National Monument, they would be fools to try and pursue mining here. The public backlash would be enormous, and they'd be fighting off environmentalists at every turn.

Short answer: Don't fret. Nobody is going to be opening up any new mine in southern Utah anytime soon...

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    OK, I did some digging (pun intended, haha). Glacier Lake Resources investors should probably change the channel at this point because they're not going to like what I have to say from here on...

As I suspected, Glacier Lake Resources is a Canadian junior mining company. Canadian juniors are notorious for drumming up support for their stock, making sensational claims about their fabulously rich mining projects scattered all over the globe. Much of the time their claims are unsubstantiated, or published with very little technical analysis or review. But hey -- these press reports are directed towards investors -- investment bankers and folks who are mostly ignorant about mining but have a lot of money to invest. As is the case with their "Colt Mesa" project in southern Utah. Here's why we won't see anybody developing this project much beyond their flimsy press release:

1. In the first place, they haven't even secured permits with the regulatory agency within the State of Utah. That's strike one...and that's a BIG strike. Without permits, no mining activity may commence -- not even exploration work may be accomplished.

2. In the second place, they are publishing Copper, Zinc, and Cobalt sampling values from surface grab samples. For those unfamiliar with mining, basically what they did was pay some high priced geologist to go pick up pretty rocks out of the old mine dump and scattered about the mine entrance and send them off to the lab for analysis. Well, of course the lab results are going to return favorable -- their geologist cherry picked the flashiest and most attractive rocks he could find to send for analysis. It probably would've looked a lot less attractive if he'd have put a blindfold on just prior to "sampling", but hey that wouldn't have yielded as promising a press release. I worked for 2 years for a copper mining Canadian junior in southern Utah, and I've seen the way this game is played. We did the exact same thing there too -- sample pretty rocks we found on the surface and then publish the results to eager investors. It happens all the time.

And if this deposit is anything like all of the other sediment hosted copper deposits in southern Utah (Copper Ridge, Fry Canyon, Lisbon Valley, Copper Globe), it is a very small vein or lode type deposit that is controlled by bedding planes and faults. So the mineralization is confined to a very small space, and is therefore NOT amenable to large scale mining. Not even the old timers were able to make much of the deposit because it was so small. Sure the grades may have been high, but the volume just isn't there, so it isn't profitable to mine.

3. Lastly, with the location of the potential mine being sandwiched between Capitol Reef and Grand Staircase National Monument, they would be fools to try and pursue mining here. The public backlash would be enormous, and they'd be fighting off environmentalists at every turn.

Short answer: Don't fret. Nobody is going to be opening up any new mine in southern Utah anytime soon...
    Will you have my babies?
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

20. Likes Udink liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by nelsonccc View Post
    Will you have my babies?

Take me out to dinner at the Bellagio Buffet and a night of gambling and then we'll see. I don't kiss on the first date...

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post

yadda, yadda........

There you go again... letting facts get in the way of liberal hysteria and fear mongering...

23. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Rock 'n Roll, Rockgremlin. I'll visit that place this winter anyway...take a picture for giggles.
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

25. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Rock 'n Roll, Rockgremlin. I'll visit that place this winter anyway...take a picture for giggles.
    Take some samples at the old mine dump while you're there. There's some pretty good looking samples of copper ore around there - at least that's what their geologist claims, haha.