Thread: BYU Football Player Arrested for DUI

BYU Football Player Arrested for DUI

BYU linebacker Francis Bernard was arrested early Saturday morning on DUI charges according to jail records.

Suspended BYU linebacker Francis Bernard was arrested and booked into the Utah County Jail early Saturday morning on DUI charges. Bernard was arrested by the Utah County Sheriff’s Office and booked on three total charges, including the DUI charge. It was a charge of driving under the influence and reckless driving and clarifies that the charged was allegedly “driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or a combination of both or with specified or unsafe blood alcohol concentration” according to the Utah Penal Code. He was also charged with driving without a valid license and failure to have proper registration. Here’s a picture of Bernard’s booking on the Utah County Jail website.

Jail records show that Bernard was booked at 2:30 a.m. MDT on Saturday, October 21 and released at 4 a.m. the same day. What this means with regards to his status at BYU as Bernard was redshirting this season due to previous disciplinary issues has not been announced. Attempts to contact BYU officials for a statement were not immediately returned.

More on it here: http://www.1280thezone.com/breaking-...ested-for-dui/

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

He should look into enrolling at Utah. I hear they have a pretty lax policy on DUIs...
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

4. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    He should look into enrolling at Utah. I hear they have a pretty lax policy on DUIs...
    What’s the policy and how is it LAXed?

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    What’s the policy and how is it LAXed?
    If you have NFL talent Utah will let it slide if you promise not to do it again.

The problem with Bernard is this is actually strike two, as he was already on double secret probation at BYU.

7. Likes rockgremlin liked this post

I would rather attend a school that gives second chances. Heaven knows we all make mistakes. The school down south tends to get out their gavels and play judge.

9. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    I would rather attend a school that gives second chances. Heaven knows we all make mistakes. The school down south tends to get out their gavels and play judge.
    Bernard had already been given a second chance. If he's still around it will be a third chance. Sometimes it's better to cut bait and give the opportunity to someone that will appreciate what they have been given.

As for BYU and their gavel, the rules are clearly spelled out before the kid signs on the dotted line. If you can't maintain your part of the deal perhaps you should seek a different deal right from the start.

Again, people make mistakes. Especially kids. Sometimes it takes 2, 3 or 4 times to correct.

Again, people make mistakes. Especially kids. Sometimes it takes 2, 3 or 4 times to correct.
    I don't disagree... but perhaps football should not be a priority if the kid has that many problems, perhaps he should be working on getting his life in order and not how many tackles he makes in what is essentially just a silly game?

13. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    Agreed. Just depends on the kid and the situation. Sometimes football or another activity can help keep them out of trouble or help with recovery.

And it appears Bernard might be headed to Utah.

Former BYU linebacker Francis Bernard granted full release from school
    http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=46185140&nid=968

He can join the flock of BYU players headed to Utah.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    And it appears Bernard might be headed to Utah.

Former BYU linebacker Francis Bernard granted full release from school
    http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=46185140&nid=968
    Now he and Carrington can go get sauced together...

If you remember Marty Johnson (now a correctional officer in Sacramento), was a pretty good running back. He got a DUI and came back. It was a similar controversy. Whit and the U has a rep for working with people.

Thanks to Utah coach Urban Meyer, RB Marty Johnson went from a jail cell to starting in the Fiesta Bowl.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...ory?id=1956447

Woah! That’s a news to me. My brother is a big fan but he surely doesn’t know about this. In fact, he was once pressed against the DUI charges but luckily, made it out with help of a good Los Angeles DUI attorney. Anyways, I will still share this post with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Losoyo31 View Post
    Woah! That’s a news to me. My brother is a big fan but he surely doesn’t know about this. In fact, he was once pressed against the DUI charges but luckily, made it out with help of a good Los Angeles DUI attorney. Anyways, I will still share this post with him.
    Creative advertising....

I think it's going to waste though since the majority of users on this site reside FAR AWAY from Los Angeles.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    It actually speaks volumes of Utah's two current starting Linebackers. Many project Bernard as a next level Linebacker but only rotates in at this point. Utah's defense is nasty...... Nasty.

Platinum status

24. Likes accadacca liked this post