Thread: Trip advice

Trip advice

Planning a trip for next late spring summer looking for some input from people that have been there and suggestions. There are so many places I want to go so it makes it hard to decide at this point. I’m considering either Yosemite in late may, glacier in late June, Rocky Mountain in late may early June, or possibly grand Teton that way I could also do Yellowstone. It would be a week long trip lots of hiking my concern with Yosemite is the crowds that it attracts. It would be me and my wife going so it would be nice if there were other attractions to do too to switch it up over the week

Any input would be greatly appreciated even if it not one of these

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Yellowstone is amazing! The only problem with Yellowstone is that it is so crowded. The colder temperatures you can stand (meaning the closer to Winter you visit) the fewer people there will be. That said, Yellowstone seemingly has countless geological marvels, so if you only went to one park next year, you won't be disappointed to go to Yellowstone.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

4. Likes jman liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Yosemite is great in the spring! Lots of run off! However, crowds are awful. Yosemite in the fall seems to be less crowded than spring.

Yellowstone in the spring is great! Sure it’s going to be crowded, mostly around Old Faithful, but do a trip up to Grand Teton - hit up Bryers lake, go to Yellowstone, hit up West Thumb geyser area, head up to the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone and look at all of the waterfall trails, especially Uncle Toms trail, and Inspiration Point. Swing back down and hit up the other geyser area or even Old faithful and return back to the Tetons with a hike up to Jenny or String Lake.

And about an hour south of Jackson, you could head up a scenic drive up to the Granite hot springs and soak there for a while. It costs like $5 per person but worth it. Plus about 1/4 mile away is another big waterfall.

Many good options up there!

●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    Yosemite is great in the spring! Lots of run off! However, crowds are awful. Yosemite in the fall seems to be less crowded than spring.

Yellowstone in the spring is great! Sure it’s going to be crowded, mostly around Old Faithful, but do a trip up to Grand Teton - hit up Bryers lake, go to Yellowstone, hit up West Thumb geyser area, head up to the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone and look at all of the waterfall trails, especially Uncle Toms trail, and Inspiration Point. Swing back down and hit up the other geyser area or even Old faithful and return back to the Tetons with a hike up to Jenny or String Lake.

And about an hour south of Jackson, you could head up a scenic drive up to the Granite hot springs and soak there for a while. It costs like $5 per person but worth it. Plus about 1/4 mile away is another big waterfall.

Many good options up there!

Yea that sounds like a pretty awesome trip. Yea I’m trying to avoid all the crowds so I’m trying to pick something before the front half or back half of when the tourist season starts or ends. We have gone to the smoky several times and the crowds there are crazy even trying to find parking can be a task! Would you say the crowds were worse at Yosemite?

Someone else was suggesting that around late may early June a majority of mountain roads in the parks haven’t been dug out yet so it is limited on where you can go in the park and suggested high desert parks. So I was also considering Bryce and taking the 2 hour drive and seeing Grand Canyon.

There is too many places that I want to go that’s the problem I think lol.