Thread: Fall Colors at Mueller Park trail in Bountiful

Fall Colors at Mueller Park trail in Bountiful

If you've got time to squeeze in just 1 trail to see the Fall Colors this year, you'd better get up to Mueller Park NOW before they all fade for the year.

Mark and I rode this last week. I expected to see some colors but WOW this trail exceeded my expectations, and has won the award of Best Utah Fall Colors 2017.

Expect plenty of trail traffic though. Don't be a jerk if you have to slow down or stop to let those on the Uphill come on up, as we know Uphill has the Right Of Way! It should be remembered that MOTORCYCLES are allowed on this trail, and yes that includes ebikes, so don't be a self righteous DINK and start lecturing a rider. Even though for the past few decades, Motorized bikes and ebikes have rendered this trail completely impassable from exhaust fumes and 6 foot deep ruts, further proving that ebikes cause cancer (JOKING), it continues to be one of the most popular trails north of Salt Lake City. Just please, respect others on the trail.

If you're riding after work during the week, try to start riding by 4:30. Put your Strava KOM and Personal Record dreams on hold for this ride, as you'll want to stop once in a while to take a few pictures. This week, the sun sets at 6:50 PM, just FYI. It sucks to ride down in the dark, which I've made this mistake maybe 10 times, as it's tempting to watch the sunset from the bench at the rock, and you suddenly realize you've got 3 tree covered miles to ride down in the dark.

That's enough rambling, enjoy some pictures and video. Thanks.

A sample Fly Out from the rock with Mark and I.

The ride, a mix of DJI Phantom 4 Drone, and GoPro 5 on the Karma Grip Gimbal.

2. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement