Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Boy Scouts Will Admit Girls, Allow Them to Earn Eagle Scout Rank

Hey maybe it means that the women will start sharing the leadership responsibilities. To be honest when I heard the LDS Church was parting ways with the BSA, I breathed a huge sigh of relief. Too many damn meetings. Tuesdays, sure, your regular scout activity night. Then you get the yayhoos that love to squeeze more meetings in because maybe they don't have much going on at home, so they schedule a Thursday meeting. And then the absolute losers that love to schedule the Saturday meetings because they must hate the outdoors just as much as I do, and are dying to get out of the house. Then Sundays to wrap it all up and plan what they're going to do on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.

I'm an Eagle Scout, and I am honestly somewhat happy about the church parting ways with the scouting program. It was just too much. Some people just ruined it for everybody.

2. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

In related news, the Girl Scouts organization is actually pretty upset at the BSA for the move. Understandably, this will reduce the Girl Scouts membership and overall funding.

What's funny though, is they'll blame the Boy Scouts, and not all of the Feminist women who pressured the BSA into this nightmarish scenario.

The BSA just keeps digging that hole deeper after each burnt bridge. Maybe there will evolve a Bridge Building merit badge after all of this.

That's pioneering. All they need is some lodgepole pines and some rope along with some mad lashing skills. Boom, you got a bridge.

6. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    As a former Scout and Scout leader I can understand why some girls would want to be in the Boy Scouting program. I'll tell you what though, if I was still a Scout leader and started to have girls join the Troop, I'd resign in a heartbeat. Not because I wouldn't want girls in the Troop but, because I wouldn't want the the sexual harassment accusations/lawsuits that will surely follow, even if you personally did nothing wrong. All it would take is just 1 girl to not like you and wham, bam, you're toast. I also wouldn't want the responsibility of constantly reigning in the impropriety that will assuredly be happening among the girls and boys, whether just banter or more physical. They are teenagers with raging hormones after all. I did hear one report that the girls will have a separate Troop. I can see it maybe starting out that way but, guaranteed, it won't stay that way for long. Full integration within 5 years- mark my words.
    Are we there yet?

Quote Originally Posted by tallsteve View Post
    As a former Scout and Scout leader I can understand why some girls would want to be in the Boy Scouting program. I'll tell you what though, if I was still a Scout leader and started to have girls join the Troop, I'd resign in a heartbeat. Not because I wouldn't want girls in the Troop but, because I wouldn't want the the sexual harassment accusations/lawsuits that will surely follow, even if you personally did nothing wrong. All it would take is just 1 girl to not like you and wham, bam, you're toast. I also wouldn't want the responsibility of constantly reigning in the impropriety that will assuredly be happening among the girls and boys, whether just banter or more physical. They are teenagers with raging hormones after all. I did hear one report that the girls will have a separate Troop. I can see it maybe starting out that way but, guaranteed, it won't stay that way for long. Full integration within 5 years- mark my words.
    Now you make it sound like public schools.

So weird. They want to be in Boy Scouts, but be in their own troop..... like.... a girl....scout....troop? Man I've got some great news that can solve this whole thing. There's already this whole girl scout organization.

But honestly, the Girl Scouts are upset at this because it means the BSA has gone behind their backs and told the public "We know the Girl Scouts organization is pretty much crap, so we will offer some true scouting experience for the girls."

In an effort to regain some funds, they've stolen it from the Girl Scouts.

Get the popcorn, this ain't over yet.

Why is the inverse not true? In other words, why do men historically not want to be in women's organizations? I'm curious what reasons you Bogley-ites believe?

Because women want what they can't have

12. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    I’ve always wanted to sell Girl Scout cookies.

14. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    Because women want what they can't have
    Quote Originally Posted by Acca View Post
    I've always wanted to sell Girl Scout cookies.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by middlefork View Post
    Now you make it sound like public schools.
    There are some similarities for sure but, it's way different also.
    Are we there yet?

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

18. Likes Iceaxe liked this post
    I get really pissed when a girl tryies to join boy scouts when there is girl scouts near her. This outta way i think this is oj what they have done.

Poslano sa mog WAS-LX1 koristeći Tapatalk

Will this be the tipping point for the LDS church in leaving the Boy Scouts of America?

Boy Scouts are dropping the word 'Boy' from flagship program; Girl Scouts shrug

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...uts/572036002/

21. Likes double moo liked this post
    on what credible web site did you see a Video Game merit badge listed - I did not find it.

I know there's a video game belt loop in the cub scouts. I don't think there is a merit badge for the boy scouts though. Not yet anyway.

As for the church leaving the BSA, I think that's been in the works for a while. I don't see the relationship lasting 5 more years, if that.

The first time i felt up a girl was in the boy scouts, first time I stole a car was in the boy scouts, first time I stole beer was in the boy scouts, first time I ever got high was in the boy scouts....

.....good times.

^^^THIS^^^

The neutering of the American male continues....

I'm still not surprised that the Feminists have NOT come to the support of the Girl Scouts organization, how this move will most definitely bring their group to a decline.