Thread: Tom Petty ~ Finally Backs Down at 66

Tom Petty ~ Finally Backs Down at 66

It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Sad great voice

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

4. Likes whansen liked this post
    Rumor has him not quite dead...

Sad. Is it just me or have a lot of celebrities checked out lately?
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Heart attack...kills thousands every day. His number just came up. I think he smoked and didn't look like the kind of guy that cranked it on a mountain bike very often.

Get used to the celebrities kicking off. All these people we grew up with.

What'll really be gnarly is when our age contemporaries start dying. I'm almost 55, so I've only got about 10 years before someone like Rob Lowe knocks off.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian in SLC View Post
    Rumor has him not quite dead...
    Concur. Heard the same thing. Read that LAPD jumped the gun on the announcement.
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

Apparently standing his ground...

He needs One Last Dance With Mary Jane.

Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

I think the final consensus is that he's dead. Could change tomorrow though. Stay tuned.

I saw him perform a song with Stevie Nicks here in Salt Lake just last February, he seemed to be in decent shape then.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    I saw him perform a song with Stevie Nicks here in Salt Lake just last February, he seemed to be in decent shape then.

Apparently you weren't looking at his arteries.

It was a bummer. I liked his music.

Tom Petty cause of death: Accidental drug overdose, including fentanyl, says family and L.A. coroner

Hmmm that's interesting. I know fentanyl is prescribed for folks with serious chronic pain...but I also know that drug dealers have recently started lacing heroin with it because it's like 100 times stronger than morphine.

Fentanyl laced heroin is killing people off in droves.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Hmmm that's interesting. I know fentanyl is prescribed for folks with serious chronic pain...but I also know that drug dealers have recently started lacing heroin with it because it's like 100 times stronger than morphine.

Fentanyl laced heroin is killing people off in droves.
    This sounds odd to me, because if it's so strong, I would assume it's more expensive. I've heard of Fent being laced on different things too and I've wondered why they would do it, assuming it's more expensive. Maybe it's a wash, lacing just plain old tylenol with Fentanyl, and selling it as Percocet for the same price?

This sounds odd to me, because if it's so strong, I would assume it's more expensive. I've heard of Fent being laced on different things too and I've wondered why they would do it, assuming it's more expensive. Maybe it's a wash, lacing just plain old tylenol with Fentanyl, and selling it as Percocet for the same price?

Not quite that easy. Fent is so strong that you can't even touch it without it getting absorbed into your skin and potentially killing you. And trying to determine which quantity of "dust" would deliver a potent high without killing folks is risky business. Dealers have to wear rubber gloves and wear masks when handling it.

I don't get that either. It's like if you sell fake weed or drugs, you lose business and risk getting hunted down. With Fentanyl, I would assume you also lose business if somebody dies, word gets around, and also have a legit manhunt after you.

I just can't figure out why they are lacing stuff with Fentanyl, I can't find the logic in it. I would assume these guys want to build up return buyers.

I don't get that either. It's like if you sell fake weed or drugs, you lose business and risk getting hunted down. With Fentanyl, I would assume you also lose business if somebody dies, word gets around, and also have a legit manhunt after you.

I just can't figure out why they are lacing stuff with Fentanyl, I can't find the logic in it. I would assume these guys want to build up return buyers.
    They lace it with Fent because that's what their current clientele wants. Merely keeping up with demand.

And yes it is risky. If the feds can tie a death to Fent laced heroin they'll mount a concerted effort to track down the source. If you have Netflix, go watch the latest Netflix release called "Dope." Really well made documentary about this very topic.