Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Shooting in Las Vegas at Country Music Festival

FWIW - The NRA has just come out opposing bump stocks (and related devices), which means they will probably be banned in the near future. Bump stocks are nothing but an interesting engineering work around of the full auto ban. If this ban follows true to past form existing bump stocks will be grandfathered in.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    I believe tracers are illegal for civilian use as they cause forest fires and serve no practical civilian use.

Well, the same argument could be applied to fully auto assault rifles.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

I claim 37 internet points if my theory is true, the shooter is a big anti Trump dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Life is beautiful concert = liberals
    Country concert = conservatives

While a generality the above holds pretty true.

Shooting the tanks of aviation fuel will not start a fire or cause an explosion, that is more TV bullshit.

You would probably need armor percing bullets or a very large caliber (50 cal.) To punch a hole in the fuel tanks and than you would probably have to shoot the spilling fuel with a tracer round to get ignition. I believe tracers are illegal for civilian use as they cause forest fires and serve no practical civilian use.
    Tracer rounds are available nearly everywhere ammo is sold...

Av fuel is basically kerosene. It might burn if lit and if it's vapors reach a certain percentage of the air, it could be explosive. Aviation gas leaks from planes have burst into flames. Plenty of footage of it. If you're on a plane leaking fuel, there's a reason fire trucks line the runway.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    I claim 37 internet points if my theory is true, the shooter is a big anti Trump dude.
    You'd deserve more than that!

There was a debunked fake news story that he was.

Usually, folks that are unhappy politically leave a pretty big social media footprint. He has none that's been discovered up to now.

Kind of an interesting thing to consider...is...what would your posting history say about you? We know some folks here hate the environment, for instance (ha ha!).

My bet is he was looking for a target rich situation. But, why? Retired, white, rich...had it made. Other than a late in life sudden onset of schizophrenia (not common in his age demographic I'd think)? Dementia? Maybe a life long mild schizophrenia which got worse with dementia related aging?

Interesting, in light of...

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/876479

7. Likes Sombeech liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian in SLC View Post
    We know some folks here hate the environment, for instance (ha ha!).

This guy -

Name:  av.png
Views: 193
Size:  14.4 KB
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

9. Likes Sombeech liked this post
    Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    I believe tracers are illegal for civilian use as they cause forest fires and serve no practical civilian use.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Well, the same argument could be applied to fully auto assault rifles.
    Tracers are easily accessible. I bought a surplus ammo can (750 rounds) of red-tip M880 rounds from Cheaperthandirt.com. Yes, they will start a fire if used incorrectly, but in the sand dunes or wide open desert at night, they are SPECTACULAR! :)
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

The big problem with this guy so far is they can't find a slot to pigeon hole him in. This must be driving the FBI absolutely nuts that he doesn't fit any of their profiles.

He was just a weirdo. Had himself a mail order girlfriend. Just a rich, weird loser without any joy in his life.

So NBC (for whatever good that is) just reported that the cops are examining six "media" devices that he owned. All this talk about him being a mystery man may be just that. Just because he wasn't on Facebook doesn't mean he wasn't searching all kinds of stuff.

They're piecing together everything there is to know about the guy. They've got his house and everything it says about him. The girlfriend will describe his personality and what he griped about. You know they're running her thru the grill.

We'll get a motive...the cops just want to get it right. I say eccentric weirdo with anger issues.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

A filthy rich gambler, lived the exciting unpredictable life of winning or losing in an instant, maybe that stuff just gets old after a while.

I'm having a good laugh at all of the conspiracy theories though.

ISIS is still claiming credit for the Vegas shooting. I'm starting to think their might be something to their claim as ISIS rarely claims credit for something they didn't do or inspire.

http://americanmilitarynews.com/2017...edium=facebook

That's just silly. The police already have plenty of guns. Why give them more.

17. Likes rockgremlin liked this post

That's it, I've been inspired to do the same. I was going to shoot up the IKEA parking lot tomorrow but this sumbitch has inspired me to turn my guns over instead. I could use another coffee table, come to think about it.

The officer in this picture is thinking "Why is this jackass thinking this will do anything, oh well I'll be in the news".

19. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

21. Likes LOAH liked this post

FWIW - The second amendment is not about saving lives, it's about guaranteeing freedom.

24. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Cops still totally baffled...

Frustrated police appeal for public's help in Vegas case
    http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=46063569&nid=157

This killer is the very definition of psychopath - uncaring, little to no emotion, cold, loner.... I doubt they will find much on this guy. This type of person is perhaps the scariest type out there.
    Life is Good

27. Likes rockgremlin, jman, hank moon liked this post
    Good read on the actual carnage the night of the shooting....

http://www.sltrib.com/news/politics/...from-utah-saw/