Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Shooting in Las Vegas at Country Music Festival

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    Did he really say that? Who is this guy anyways
    Just a nutty televangelist that one of my coworkers loves.

He likes to chime in after every disaster to lay blame. Typically it is the gays or abortion. This time it seems to be just a general disrespect for our anthem, flag and president.

By the way, when did we switch from coming together after a tragedy to pointing fingers and laying blame? Didn't we all love each other after 9/11? I seem to remember Bush having some insane approval rating around 90% at the time. Kinda sad really.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by uintafly View Post
    By the way, when did we switch from coming together after a tragedy to pointing fingers and laying blame? Didn't we all love each other after 9/11? I seem to remember Bush having some insane approval rating around 90% at the time. Kinda sad really.

Well, big difference between a shooting by some random whacko and our country being violently attacked by terrorists. The magnitude of destruction on 911 was unprecedented.

IIRC the Pulse shooting didn't cause Obama's ratings to skyrocket either...
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

This guy jumped right back down on his belly as soon as he heard the shots starting up again.

Not to mention, if the shooter saw him and wanted to take him out, spraying bullets in his direction and tagging those around him.
    There were real heroes...

Name:  171002-las-vegas-mass-shooting-hero_gnyr9t.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  51.9 KB

Quite a number of folks put themselves in harm's way to help the injured.

5. Likes Iceaxe liked this post
    ^^^^That tall guy with boots on is wrenching his left ankle, the guy with a ball cap in front in barefooted, and is that girl wearing only socks?

It's refreshing to see how people can pull together and sacrifice self for strangers in situations like these. It restores my faith in humanity.

7. Likes windminstrel liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by middlefork View Post
    Seems like pretty long shot streams for AR /SK type weapons. My guess is more than 30 round bursts. Do they make drum magazines for them?
    Seems like the first few shots were to verify range and then fire for effect.
    22,000 people tightly packed into an inescapable kill box and fired upon for over 10 minutes from an elevated vantage point. I'm actually surprised the number of dead is not a lot higher.

I understand the shooter was using a "Bump Stock" which basically turns a semi-auto into a full auto in a crude way. Bump stocks are legal. Same with drum magazines which can hold up to 100 bullets.

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    **WARNING GRAPHIC CONTENT**

So, now photos have been leaked of the purported shooter. He seems oddly good at a solid head shot in death. A note visible on the counter and the room strewn with spent ammo and multiple weapons. Why does this just not "feel right" to me?

.**Graphic Content Ahead **
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

Improvise, adapt and overcome.

Marine vet steals truck and saves dozens during Las Vegas massacre

https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/new...-in-las-vegas/

BruteForce- great photo, thanks. But just what is it that is troubling you about all of this? You seem to be hinting at some sort of cover up or conspiracy.

The suicide shot looks pretty clean to me. I frequent several gore sites that post images like this and the image you posted looks pretty typical of someone who places a loaded 0.45 or 0.357 at the roof of the mouth and pulls the trigger. You can even see what appear to be powder burns on his chin and cheeks.

Were you thinking he put an AR in his mouth? Cuz if he did, it would've blown the top of his head clean off.

I think this guy had it all planned out and it wasn't too hard to set it up. I think they've already seen the security video of him bringing all the stuff in.

The "conspiracy" may be that there was another shooter that got away.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

13. Likes Scott P liked this post

Mass Shooting in Las Vegas at Country Music Festival

This map shows where Americans are most likely to be killed by gun violence

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    @rockgremlin.. what bothers me is I heard 2x long rifles, one of which was full auto. Those on the ground heard shots from up high and from low. Guy has 23 guns in the room, but if he was solo.. why? You don't bring that many guns unless you intend to shoot out to the death, not to put a revolver inside your mouth once Police start making entry.

Guy was rich.. gambling bug. Not your typical mass murderer..
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

Quote Originally Posted by BruteForce View Post
    @rockgremlin.. what bothers me is I heard 2x long rifles, one of which was full auto. Those on the ground heard shots from up high and from low. Guy has 23 guns in the room, but if he was solo.. why? You don't bring that many guns unless you intend to shoot out to the death, not to put a revolver inside your mouth once Police start making entry.

Guy was rich.. gambling bug. Not your typical mass murderer..
    You're thinking too rationally...crazy people do crazy things.

He was one smart cookie to have made such a fortune but been a miserable bum at the same time. This thing is going to be studied to the Nth degree, being the biggest ever. I think they'll find the event or "moment" when things went south for this guy.

He was just a shitty loser who wanted to leave a giant, shitty footprint. I'd say he surrounded himself with all that hardware to psych himself up. But in the end, he was a pussy.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

17. Likes hank moon, Iceaxe, gholt, Scott P liked this post

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

Surprised this link still works. It looks like there's an effort to get rid of links that demonstrate how to do this. I see that YouTube link Ice posted about bump stocks has been taken down.

Quote Originally Posted by BruteForce View Post
    **WARNING GRAPHIC CONTENT**

So, now photos have been leaked of the purported shooter. He seems oddly good at a solid head shot in death. A note visible on the counter and the room strewn with spent ammo and multiple weapons. Why does this just not "feel right" to me?
    That's strange, the casing laying on the blood, had to have fallen there AFTER the pool of blood was there.

If it rolled into it, it would have blood on it. Strange. How does the guy shoot himself, fall, bleed out, and then a fresh unstained bullet casing lay directly on top of it moments later, without rolling into it?

I guess of course unless the blood was dried and the casing was kicked there when the team busted into the room.

Strange though, that part doesn't add up.

22. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    There's a very, VERY poor attempt at a conspiracy floating around, saying this guy would have had this and that license to have a fully automatic rifle, through this and that process.

We all know it's possible to convert a semi auto into a fully auto with the right instructions. This guy didn't get permits for it. He either bought them from an illegitimate source or made them himself.

That's strange, the casing laying on the blood, had to have fallen there AFTER the pool of blood was there.

If it rolled into it, it would have blood on it. Strange. How does the guy shoot himself, fall, bleed out, and then a fresh unstained bullet casing lay directly on top of it moments later, without rolling into it?

I guess of course unless the blood was dried and the casing was kicked there when the team busted into the room.

Strange though, that part doesn't add up.

It appears the blood seeped into the carpet underneath where the bullets already lay.

Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    You're thinking too rationally...crazy people do crazy things.

He was one smart cookie to have made such a fortune but been a miserable bum at the same time. This thing is going to be studied to the Nth degree, being the biggest ever. I think they'll find the event or "moment" when things went south for this guy.

He was just a shitty loser who wanted to leave a giant, shitty footprint. I'd say he surrounded himself with all that hardware to psych himself up. But in the end, he was a pussy.
    Yeah, he may just be a psychopath. I remember reading about how Dylan Klebold was a typical school shooter that was pissed off and wanted revenge, but Eric Harris wasn't really pissed. He was just a psychopath that wanted to become infamous. He actually looked down at typical school shooters because he felt superior to everyone and figured he could commit the biggest act of murder in U.S. history. Luckily his plan failed, but he originally wanted to blow up the entire school and then have car bombs set to go off a few hours later once news media and 1st responders were on site. he just wanted to be famous. Maybe this dipshit is the same. I have a feeling we are never going to know though.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    It appears the blood seeped into the carpet underneath where the bullets already lay.
    Ah, makes sense, at a first glance I thought that was a hard floor, but the casing was there and the blood seeped under it. OK, conspiracy busted lol