Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Shooting in Las Vegas at Country Music Festival

Mass Shooting in Las Vegas at Country Music Festival

Wow, I woke up to this horrifying news as I'm sure most of you have this morning.

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=46015014

At least 50 dead and 200 injured, as the single gunman opened fire from his Mandalay Bay balcony that looked down upon the large concert crowd. I've seen a few videos and that guy certainly planned out a method of maximum destruction.

Crazy. I wonder if we knew anybody down there this weekend.

I felt helpless as I heard these large caliber shots ring out. Horrifying.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

You can clearly hear the shots are fully automatic. For those saving up their quotes from Google and Facebook ready for an argument, hold off for a bit. I'm going to make a crazy assumption that this guy didn't have the permits to make or obtain fully automatic weapons, so the stricter laws on such weaponry would have zero effect.

Calling for an all out gun ban would not have made this dude hand his guns in.

There has got to be better solutions out there, but this has shown that even if you remove 99% of all guns, it just takes 1 dude with a gun to cause this destruction. There is no law or procedure that can remove 100% of guns.

Sad deal, I keep watching other videos and I'm horrified.

I saw 1 tough guy standing up and giving the shooter the bird, until the shots rang out again, and his beer didn't give him enough courage to keep from ducking back down.

Jeez, of course now ISIS is claiming responsibility.

Honestly...can't get my head around it. No sane person would ever do that.

Sad. Condolences to anyone affected by this. I know folks at work still trying to contact relatives that were at the concert. Heartbreaking...

I'm watching a live conference now, the Police Chief is describing the process of looking up at the window from the outside and then estimating what inside floor it's coming from, and then closing in on the exact room, it's more difficult than we would assume, as we can't always tell what floor it is from the outside.

Death toll is now 58.

Hillary has already come out and stated this shooting is the fault of the NRA and Trump. That was sure nice of her, at least we all know who to blame in this time of crisis. It's even more amazing that she has been able to discover the root cause of this 'deplorable' act before the blood has even dried.

9. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    We were in bed but my partner and his wife and daughter were there and by all accounts it was horrific and he's very concerned about what his daughter witnessed. Traffic was insane this morning and it looked like they had all the off ramps to the stirp off of the 215 and 15 closed. I've got meetings at the Mandalay Bay and Bellagio today and both have been cancelled. Insane, still trying to wrap my arms around it.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Jeez look at this report, at the time they thought only 2 were dead and 24 injured.

It gives a better explanation of the location though, the distance the shooter had was pretty far, shooting from Mandalay Bay all the way across the BLVD to the opposite side.

The shooting is extremely sad and tragic, but another sad thing is that a lot of people are sitting there trying to figure out which political party (if any) the shooter belongs to so they can immediately point the finger and make a big deal of it.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

13. Likes Iceaxe, rockgremlin liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    The shooting is extremely sad and tragic, but another sad thing is that a lot of people are sitting there trying to figure out which political party (if any) the shooter belongs to so they can immediately point the finger and make a big deal of it.
    It won't matter. If he's found to be a Democrat, then the MSM and the Democrat heads of state will claim Trump and Republicans drove him to it and he'll be made a pariah. If he's a Republican then, of course, all Republicans are a ticking time-bomb and they hate everyone just like this dude. Either way it's Trump, the Republicans and the NRA's fault somehow.
    Are we there yet?

15. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Yeah the ISIS credit could be a total false flag.

Unfortunately, whichever way this ISIS link goes, there will be relief on one political side, and more unrest on the opposite.

If there is an ISIS link, there will be relief from the conservatives, understandably it provides an easier target and explanation. But at the same time, there will be further unrest on the Left, as they would really love Islam Extremists to be less and less associated with these things, and focus more on guns in general.

If ISIS is not related, an inaudible "ah crap" will be felt by the Right, and the Left will have more legitimacy to the theory that ISIS is not the true enemy.

Totally sucks either way when people shoot and kill other humans to stop all their own internal suffering.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Check out the differences in reporting styles between FoxNews and FakeNews:

CNN
    Name:  cnn.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  84.3 KB

FOXNEWS
    Name:  fox.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  82.6 KB
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Can't really see you pics that well...here's the current:

Name:  Capture CNN 2 Oct 17.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  80.4 KB

Name:  Capture Fox 2 Oct 17.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  79.5 KB

I'm curious what your point is?

Quote Originally Posted by tallsteve View Post
    It won't matter. If he's found to be a Democrat, then the MSM and the Democrat heads of state will claim Trump and Republicans drove him to it and he'll be made a pariah. If he's a Republican then, of course, all Republicans are a ticking time-bomb and they hate everyone just like this dude. Either way it's Trump, the Republicans and the NRA's fault somehow.
    I don't know, it seems to me that both sides are equally bad at this. Just imagine the nut jobs name was Mohamed. What would the narrative on Fox be?

The sad reality is that their are nutjobs from all walks of life and every political persuasion.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post

CNN has stopped being a news source and has instead become an advocate..... they are currently using fear in an attempt to further the lefts agenda, which is ultimately strict gun control and abolishment of the second amendment.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian in SLC View Post
    Can't really see you pics that well...here's the current:

Name:  Capture CNN 2 Oct 17.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  80.4 KB

Name:  Capture Fox 2 Oct 17.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  79.5 KB

I'm curious what your point is?

Just an observation. I'm staying unaffiliated in this one. At this point I just think it's interesting how the different media outlets choose to report.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    CNN has stopped being a news source and has instead become an advocate..... they are currently using fear in an attempt to further the lefts agenda, which is ultimately strict gun control and abolishment of the second amendment.
    CNN's and the anti gun folk's logic escapes me. Fear makes me want to buy more guns, not turn mine in......
    Life is Good

24. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Which is exactly the tactic the "right" fake news uses...fear that your guns are going to be taken away by liberals.

Both sides feed this beast, to be sure.

Brietbart will have the gunman worshiping at a mosque soon enough. Obviously, the guy's girlfriend is from the PI, and, we'll know soon enough that he was aligned with ISIS.

Pat Robertson already has this thing figured out...