Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL & National Anthem

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Cowboys and Redskins have put in place team rules banning players from kneeling during National Anthem.

http://dailysnark.com/jerry-jones-da...eeling-anthem/
    They ain't putting this cat back in the bag,imo.

Damage done, especially by jones himself.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

and before scott p jumps in...

I know this was before the anthem, they embraced arms during=lack of respect.

jones is a money guy, first and foremost.

He gambled, time will tell if it paid off or failed.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

For those calling the stunt by Pence a form of oppression, most countries would disagree, as jail time and death penalties seem to be the form of government oppression in some places.

The leader walked out of the game? Boo hoo. But if you want to see oppression, this is not the same as passive aggressiveness. Oppression is a prison sentence or death. #FirstWorldProblems

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

I guess this whole kneeling thing is really getting to some of the coaches. Probably coaching the Dolphins doesn't help either...

Video Appears To Show Dolphins O-Line Coach Chris Foerster Snorting Lines

An attempt at a transcript (*dirty language):

Hey babe. Miss you. Thinking about you. How ‘bout me going into a meeting, and doing this before I go? [snort] There’s those big grains falling, but I miss you. I miss you a lot. [snort] What do you think? Crazy? I know, babe. It’s gonna be a while before we can do this again, because I know you’re going to keep that baby[?]. But I think about you when I do it. I think about how much I miss you, how hot we got together. How much fun it was. So much fun. Last little bit before I go to my meeting. [snort] [inaudible] You think? I think not. I wish I was licking this off your pussy.

When asked about the video, a Dolphins spokesperson didn’t have much to add:

We were just made aware of the video and will have no comment at this time.

Update (Oct. 9, 10:24 a.m. ET): Foerster has resigned:

I am resigning from my position with the Miami Dolphins and accept full responsibility for my actions. I want to apologize to the organization and my sole focus is on getting the help that I need with the support of my family and medical professionals.

Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
    and before scott p jumps in...

I know this was before the anthem, they embraced arms during=lack of respect.

jones is a money guy, first and foremost.

He gambled, time will tell if it paid off or failed.
    I'm not sure why I was mentioned as going to jump in, since I haven't said much on this topic, but since I was called out I will add the following summary concerning my thoughts on the topic.

How many times in my life I have watched the NFL = 0

How many times in the rest of my life I plan on watching the NFL = 0

Money I have spent on anything NFL = 0

How many times I would care if the whole NFL went bankrupt = 0

My opinion on choosing to kneel during the national anthem = It's a stupid way to protest. Find another way if you want people to listen to your point.

That about sums it up for me.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Oops. Say goodbye to that dream coaching job with Miami.

That's a lot of lines all at once. Either that dude's a chronic cokehead or that's some bunk baby powder laced coke right there.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Football is like a Dodge Truck. It sucks and tries to kill you.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Oops. Say goodbye to that dream coaching job with Miami.

That's a lot of lines all at once. Either that dude's a chronic cokehead or that's some bunk baby powder laced coke right there.
    OMG, it's like a flashback. Reminds me of 1981.

I had a girlfriend (Mary) who was an accountant for these two Iranian dudes who sold and installed solar panels. They had 5 telemarketers working the phones and a crew to install. She embezzled more than 100K in two years,..and aside from a nice, oak bedroom set, the rest of it went up in coke. "Eight Balls" they were called (eighth of an ounce).

You'd think this guy would be old enough to not do that shit, but hell...he's having fun.

Yeah, the powder coated kitty.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Cowboys and Redskins have put in place team rules banning players from kneeling during National Anthem.

http://dailysnark.com/jerry-jones-da...eeling-anthem/
    Add the Miami Dolphins to the list of teams that have banned kneeling during the National Anthem.

Report: NFL to consider rule change requiring players to stand for anthem

NFL spokesman Joe Lockhart said on Tuesday that anthem protests will be a topic of discussion by team owners at league meetings next week, according to Albert Breer of The MMQB.

Owners will also consider a rule change that would make standing during the national anthem mandatory, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports. The rulebook currently only encourages players to stand with a hand on their heart.

https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1395017

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

15. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Report: NFL to consider rule change requiring players to stand for anthem
    This was Game, Set and Match to Trump the minute he turned the narrative away from social injustice and into a matter of patriotism. Say what you like about Trump, but the guy is a master at manipulating the media and understanding his base.

All that's left now is for the NFL to try and figure out an escape where they don't totally lose face. The NFL will now come out with some big lame ass press release about the.... owners agreed.... best interest.... moving forward..... respect.... yada, yada....

#MAGA

It'll be tricky for sure, because if NFL owners mandate certain behavior during the National Anthem it'll be seen as stifling the player's rights to free speech. This whole thing could seriously blow up in their face.

It'll be tricky for sure, because if NFL owners mandate certain behavior during the National Anthem it'll be seen as stifling the player's rights to free speech. This whole thing could seriously blow up in their face.
    It's not tricky at all. The NFL is a private company so they can pretty much mandate what they wish. They can treat this the exact same way they treat excessive end zone celebrations, just make it part of the rules package. Not standing for the National Anthem is a 15 yard penalty, loss of right to participate in the coin toss and/or ejection from the game... easy, peazy....

The only tricky part is the NFL attempted to give Trump the middle finger and Trump made them look like a bunch of asshats. Now the NFL needs to find a way to try and lose the hat.

FWIW - NASCAR has a rule stating you can't do anything detrimental to the sport or you are suspended indefinitely. The rule is intentionally vague and NASCAR wields it like a sledgehammer to instantly put a stop to this type of bullshit. The NFL could easily institute a similar rule.

(my bold above)

Freedom of speech is one thing; what about freedom of expression? Is that banned in the US?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob L View Post
    (my bold above)

Freedom of speech is one thing; what about freedom of expression? Is that banned in the US?
    Freedom of Speech/Expression -- it all pretty much falls under the same umbrella.

And sure...the NFL may be a private entity and therefore mandate whatever they want, but if they dictate how players MUST behave during the National Anthem, it will be perceived as a stifling of the player's right to free expression. Regardless of what may be objectively right or wrong, or what the NFL thinks, or what Trump thinks, the second the NFL comes out and publicly says "Thou shalt not kneel..." there will be backlash. But at the same time, the longer it goes without being addressed, the more out of control the situation gets. The NFL at this point can't just sit on their hands and hope it will resolve itself.

The NFL f**k up when they didn't immediately get out in front of this and put a stop to it when it was just one guy.

Now the NFL will be forced to eat a turd sandwich, the big question is can they get others to help take a bite.

And I don't see much of a backlash coming from the actual NFL fans. Three teams have already prohibited kneeling and you haven't heard a peep. The extreme left will try and make a big deal out of it, but that's not football's fan base. Football is middle America.

Again and again I see stupid social media posts about how our rights are eroding because they get criticized for kneeling. If I'm ever stupid enough to argue with stupid, I ask "Who went to jail?". Sometimes we need a wee bit reminder that hearing feedback about our stupid actions is not restricting any freedoms. Real government oppression looks like prison time and executions, and maybe some fines on the lite side of oppression, none of these have been mandated by our "oppressive fascist government".

And if the players are told to stand? They are paid to do things, they are employees of a private business. I receive money from my boss if I perform a task to his specifications. These rich little baby bitches that play a game for a living have reality blown so out of proportion they think that the country owes them more than millions of dollars to play a game and provide entertainment to us.

And strange enough, this is 1 category of millionaires that is exempt from the 1% stereotype for some reason. CEOs and rich white guys are stealing all of the money out there, but millionaire athletes are exempt from this mindset for some reason.