Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL & National Anthem

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Happening in high school as well but at least it ended fairly...

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coach-k...-crosby-texas/
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

So far no massive drop in ratings. Some spots are down some up. Hard to give much validity to the idea that the anthem has really hurt the NFL. Week 1 for instance was way down from last year almost across the board. Week 2 (before Trump's speech) had 3 million fewer viewers than this week (non including MNF which isn't yet shown). SNF and MNF are still winning their time slots. Also to put these #'s into perspective, the early London game which was an absolute abortion of a football game and started before most of the West Coast was awake had a 4 rating. The recent NASCAR playoff race in New Hampshire got a 1.3. This years Daytona 500 had a 6.6, which only beat the London Game.

The 2016 World Series averaged a 12.9, but that included a game 7 featuring the Chicago Cubs that scored a 21.8. 2016 was the first World Series to average higher that a 10 rating since 2009. So one of the most talked about World Series in recent memory could barely muster a rating higher than a week 4 Cowboys/Rams game, and that is with CBS siphoning off a 7 rating on their slate of games. I think it is safe to say the NFL isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/nfl-...ason-playoffs/

Makes me glad I didn't do any fantasy football this year. Don't really plan on watching any of the whiners anymore. I have better things in life to be doing

6. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    Trump called them out. He shamed them. He sure has a way of getting things moving. He did the same thing on the Apprentice...show me the money. Everybody was thinking it but no one would say it.

If anything good comes from this, it's that some of these players will start investing in the inner cities. That's where the rot in our country is...put your money where your mouth is.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

8. Likes oldno7 liked this post

It's funny when folks post "facts" from the same #fakenews that told us Hillary would win in a landslide.

It appears some NFL owners are about to institute the exact policy of standing during the National Anthem that Trump suggested. Hard to imagine they would do such a thing if kneeling was not hurting their bottom line.

http://dailysnark.com/report-two-nfl...tional-anthem/

12. Likes rockgremlin liked this post

NFL & National Anthem

After the national anthem was played before the Colts' contest against the San Francisco 49ers, Pence tweeted that he was leaving the game because he felt the event was disrespectful to "our soldiers, our flag, and our national anthem."

During the anthem, no Colts players displayed signs of protest, however 23 players on the 49ers sideline took a knee during the anthem, according to Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk.

Hours earlier, Pence posted a photo with his wife stating how excited he was to see Peyton Manning's jersey retirement ceremony.

Piss off with ur stupid bullshit, they have the ****ing right to kneel, your ****ing troops fighting for blood and sand ensure it, or do they?

Poslano sa mog WAS-LX1 koristeći Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ivanico1008 View Post
    Piss off with ur stupid bullshit, they have the ****ing right to kneel, your ****ing troops fighting for blood and sand ensure it, or do they?

Lame first post.... please try again, this time please bring facts and a PowerPoint presentation.

16. Likes Rob L liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Lame first post.... please try again, this time please bring facts and a PowerPoint presentation.
    Okay, what?

Okay, what?

Croatia?

Platinum Level for sure...

You're absolutely right, they have the right to kneel. And by that same right, we have the right to criticize them.

Nobody's going to jail, correct? Or did I miss the story where one of these spoiled millionaire bitches got locked up for kneeling?

Quote Originally Posted by double moo View Post
    Platinum Level for sure...
    Ha,ha!...I'll never forget that dude.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Reposting from a different thread:

I was in attendance for the National Anthem at the Utah game yesterday. It was interesting to see the dynamic among the crowd in light of all of the attention this subject has received in the media.

It was amazing and a little eerie to witness how silent the crowd got when the flag was trotted out onto the field. I've never seen the crowd so engaged and respectful of the ceremony as what I witnessed yesterday. You could almost hear a pin drop. People were whispering and singing along to the National Anthem. I've NEVER seen that before. Really cool experience.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

23. Likes Iceaxe liked this post

Cowboys and Redskins have put in place team rules banning players from kneeling during National Anthem.

http://dailysnark.com/jerry-jones-da...eeling-anthem/

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    gee-you never seemed bothered when obama would send his wife and kids to Hawaii on one plane(with security)
    Then he would come later on AF1

Worried about tax money being spent(not likely, considering the source)
    Or just trolling, which you suck at
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?