Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL & National Anthem

2. Likes rockgremlin, Iceaxe liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Ryan Fitzpatrick's inspirational new Nike ad...

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Ryan Fitzpatrick's inspirational new Nike ad...
    Naw, we don't need you.

Signed,

The Buffalo Bills

Quote Originally Posted by DirkHammergate View Post
    Naw, we don't need you.

Signed,

The Buffalo Bills
    THIS JUST IN: Buffalo Bills reveal new logo for remainder of season

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

8. Likes twotimer liked this post
    We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Just ordered his book.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

10. Likes double moo, twotimer liked this post
    Where is Trump meme of him humping the flag when you need it?

Who could hate on a guy like this besides Trump?

https://youtu.be/r8Rh6KuuH6w

Who could hate on a guy like this besides Trump?

https://youtu.be/r8Rh6KuuH6w
    That guy is hurting no one but himself. He needs to find some joy in life.

The best thing to do about a rotten past is to walk away from it like the stinking piece of shit it is. I can't imagine going thru life thinking someone is out to get me.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

14. Likes Iceaxe liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    That guy is hurting no one but himself. He needs to find some joy in life.

The best thing to do about a rotten past is to walk away from it like the stinking piece of shit it is. I can't imagine going thru life thinking someone is out to get me.
    In what way is he hurting himself? I'm just curious?

In what way is he hurting himself? I'm just curious?
    Let's make sure we're looking at the same thing...that's Marshawn Lynch, right? He was all agro when he was with the Raiders...not only taking a knee but damn near putting up the middle finger. I reckoned this snippet is him "using a metaphor" to explain why...he's really pissed.

Am I off in left field with this?
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Let's make sure we're looking at the same thing...that's Marshawn Lynch, right? He was all agro when he was with the Raiders...not only taking a knee but damn near putting up the middle finger. I reckoned this snippet is him "using a metaphor" to explain why...he's really pissed.

Am I off in left field with this?
    Umm, yeah, but not with the Raiders. He actually sat, to be clear. I'm thinking you pretty much had to Google that link, post your reaction, to be honest.

He was actually talking about running over linebackers and safeties and you're immediate thought was he's pissed and failing or hurting at life. How's he hurting? He just dragged 9 Rams into the End Zone last night and the guy brings pure joy to Oakland. He knows bullshit when he sees it. Marshawn is an American treasure!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LcDNrmOA9k

You're right...I remember him sitting now and he looked angry. It's when he ran for the Raiders...last year? Two?

It was the word "metaphor" by the interviewer that took me in that direction. The metaphor being wanting to run over (as he put it so eloquently) the white people that are holding him back, or the cops, or whoever.

In regards to your curiosity about him being...IMO, sad and pathetic... my first post on this sums it up quite nicely, I think.
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

You're right...I remember him sitting now and he looked angry. It's when he ran for the Raiders...last year? Two?

It was the word "metaphor" by the interviewer that took me in that direction. The metaphor being wanting to run over (as he put it so eloquently) the white people that are holding him back, or the cops, or whoever.

In regards to your curiosity about him being...IMO, sad and pathetic... my first post on this sums it up quite nicely, I think.
    Not sad.

https://www.fam1stfamilyfoundation.org/about-us.html

Yeah I can see that being pretty upsetting being myself, a white guy.

If his foundation is legit and it's actually doing good, then God bless him. But throwing up the middle finger to millions when you're begging for money is stupid.

I'm referring to Mr. Lynch in the context of this thread. You seem to be in love with the guy. Donate any cash to his charity?

This reminds me of the Big Island of Hawaii. I've spent many months there. There are lot of locals that want the Haole's (white people) to get the hell out. They're just pissing in the wind, just like the football players.

Personally, I'd like to talk to some of these guys to really zero in on what the beef is. Looks ugly to me...but who knows? Perhaps I'd come out of it with a different insight. I've heard several black people say "You have to be black to understand".

Bottom line...I wish the famous athletes would condemn the gang violence instead of ignoring it's worship.
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

A little up, a little down. Still huge #'s overall compared to everything else on TV

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2018...-1-overnights/

The real dead sport is NASCAR. Can you imagine if the NFL posted a # like this?

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2018...-lowest-nbcsn/

Quote Originally Posted by uintafly View Post
    The real dead sport is NASCAR. Can you imagine if the NFL posted a # like this?
    The funny part is I was a huge NASCAR fan, not so much anymore, but the problem is I see the NFL heading down the same rabbit hole that NASCAR went down. I could bore you with details for hours but the short version is NASCAR ignored its true fan base, and instead chased the might TV dollars. I see the NFL doing exactly the same thing and following suit.

But in the final version its this concussion problem that will kill football in the end. I coached high school football for a number of years and we always had the best athletes in the school, now many are chasing other sports or their parents simply won't allow them to play any more because of CTE.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    The funny part is I was a huge NASCAR fan, not so much anymore, but the problem is I see the NFL heading down the same rabbit hole that NASCAR went down. I could bore you with details for hours but the short version is NASCAR ignored its true fan base, and instead chased the might TV dollars. I see the NFL doing exactly the same thing and following suit.

But in the final version its this concussion problem that will kill football in the end. I coached high school football for a number of years and we always had the best athletes in the school, now many are chasing other sports or their parents simply won't allow them to play any more because of CTE.
    I agree. When football finally loses its place as America's pastime, it will be concussions that does it. I'm a perfect example. I have a 7 year old that is a pretty good athlete and loves sports. He plays baseball in the spring and summer, soccer in the fall and skis in the winter. I pretty much think soccer blows, and he would be in football if it wasn't for everything we've learned in the last 7 years. If you would have told me when he was born, that I had a kid that wanted to play football, but he was in soccer instead, I would assume I had died and his mom vetoed it. There's no doubt thousands of parents out there like me.

25. Likes Iceaxe, rockgremlin liked this post
    Took less than two weeks to rebound and make it into record territory for their stock:

Nike Hits $83.90