Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL & National Anthem

The NFL's 2017 numbers are in and it's a dumpster fire. Down 10% for the year and down nearly 20% from the day kneeling for the National Anthem began.

So tell me again how protesting the National Anthem is a good thing?!?

http://bit.ly/2D3XlyF

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    The NFL's 2017 numbers are in and it's a dumpster fire. Down 10% for the year and down nearly 20% from the day kneeling for the National Anthem began.

http://bit.ly/2D3XlyF
    Less people watching someone else recreate? I see that as a good thing...

Now...when's that national championship game? Anyone catch Oklahoma Georgia? What a barn burner...

Quote Originally Posted by Brian in SLC View Post
    Anyone catch Oklahoma Georgia? What a barn burner...
    I watched, I really wanted to see Oklahoma in the mythical national championship. I really like Baker Mayfield as he is the kind of leader I'd love to play for. You know the type... crass, wears his heart on his sleeve, can be a real ass, but always leads from the front and inspires those around him ;-)

I watched, I really wanted to see Oklahoma in the mythical national championship. I really like Baker Mayfield as he is the kind of leader I'd love to play for. You know the type... crass, wears his heart on his sleeve, can be a real ass, but always leads from the front and inspires those around him ;-)
    Me too. Heckuva story. I wonder what the details are for his leaving Texas Tech? His signing up for OK without telling anyone...wow.

What, he finished 4th, 3rd, then first for the Heisman three years in a row? Who else could they have given it too?

Coulda gone either way.

It's an inherent right. Just like it's a right for good "white folk" to march with tiki torches and chant "Jews will not replace us"

Quote Originally Posted by DirkHammergate View Post
    It's an inherent right. Just like it's a right for good "white folk" to march with tiki torches and chant "Jews will not replace us"
    Actually that depends, it's a right to protest, but the NFL could have stopped it by saying "not on our time". They could have penalized players for kneeling during the National Anthem, same as they can penalize for excessive celebration or unsportsmanlike conduct.

The NFL made a huge mistake in not getting out in front of this the minute Trump was able to turn it into a matter of patriotism. The moment it became about patriotism and love of country the NFL and players had lost the battle.

8. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    Ohhh...Alabama...shankapotamus rex!

If they lose....holy goat, batman...

The Tide was not to be denied...wow...what a finish.

The epic choke club gets a new member...

14. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    The destruction of a brand....

Kneeling during the National Anthem at NFL games will be studied in business schools for years to come as what not to do. The NFL ratings are a sinking ship. If players kneel during the Super Bowl the ratings will be the lowest in years.

/bookmarked

The destruction of a brand....

Kneeling during the National Anthem at NFL games will be studied in business schools for years to come as what not to do. The NFL ratings are a sinking ship. If players kneel during the Super Bowl the ratings will be the lowest in years.

/bookmarked

Gonna have to go with something drastic to boost those ratings. Maybe Justin Timberlake can grope another prominent female singer onstage. Or perhaps trot out Miley Cyrus and have her french kiss Ariana Grande mid performance just like Madonna and Britney Spears did so many years ago.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

The epic choke club gets a new member...
    Steph Curry a choker? Weird

Quote Originally Posted by DirkHammergate View Post
    Steph Curry a choker? Weird

Oh yeah. Go back and look at the the NBA finals between Cleveland and Golden State. Lebron was on fire and putting Curry to shame. And every time Curry tried to save face he choked. Lots of people blame his selfish, greedy play for throwing the series with the Cavs.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Oh yeah. Go back and look at the the NBA finals between Cleveland and Golden State. Lebron was on fire and putting Curry to shame. And every time Curry tried to save face he choked. Lots of people blame his selfish, greedy play for throwing the series with the Cavs.
    Golden State was up 3-1 and that’s the biggest part of the choke job.

NFL considering major rule change regarding National Anthem.

http://dailysnark.com/report-nfl-con...m-next-season/

Name:  dallas.png
Views: 259
Size:  273.6 KB
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

23. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    This isn't going to play out well for the felon league.

https://www.stripes.com/news/nfl-rej...nthem-1.507977
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?