Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL & National Anthem

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    Oh, you guys. How lost and ignorant were YOU at that age? I know I was!
    That may be a valid differentiator here. I was a rock ribbed right wing Reagan supporter in grade school and high school. I was sickened by Dems then, believing their beliefs were a path to national ruin then. I knew big picture societal issues from an early age.

Fast forward to my HS teaching days and I simply couldn't believe the brainwashing. I was math, but in talks to my kids it became clear.

Fast forward to now and it's Marxist. Revolutionary Marxist. There is no other description. And since I've been hyper aware of this trend for 30 years, I'm more hopping up and down frantic trying to get people on our side to understand the dire straights.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

^^^This is me^^^

My conservative foundation was rock solid and never wavered from the time I graduated high school in 1978.

I was a sophomore in HS when a teacher informed me I should support Democrats because Republicans were the party of the rich and elite... that teacher did more to recruit me to the dark side then he ever knew... because the first thought through my head after he said that was I plan on being rich and elite so I guess I'd better learn and understand Republicans and conservatives.

True story...

4. Likes BasinCruiser liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    So the Raiders are all sitting there with foul expressions as some chick belts out the National Anthem...you can see "F-you, honkey!" all over their faces and their getting ready to beat the shit out of each other in front of thousands of white folks.

Once again, the blacks and their bootlicking sycophants are fighting a battle that they can't win. They can't even clearly define what it is they're bent about...except to throw up the finger at our "racist" country. That ain't gonna work...not in the big picture. They've got to refine themselves somehow.

They're defending a bunch of criminals and thugs. They sell poison to each other and kill each other's kids. They should have more concern about the gang members than the cops.

I think these athletes are spoiled rotten dumb asses.
    I wrote this nearly three years ago...page one on this thread. Ran into it when I went looking for my post regarding "Gone With The Wind".

HBO just yanked it from their library...we'll see how that goes over, considering it's a modern day book burning. And they call anyone who disagrees with them fascists?
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

6. Likes BasinCruiser liked this post
    On another note...NASCAR just banned Confederate flags from all races, events and properties, effective immediately

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    On another note...NASCAR just banned Confederate flags from all races, events and properties, effective immediately
    That's just what NASCAR needs, to alienate the core fan base just as their ratings and attendance reach an all time low. NASCAR is dead, they just don't know it yet. To bad NASCAR wants to get into politic's instead of fixing what's actually wrong with their sport.

I'm pretty sure NASCAR just hammered the last nail in their coffin.

FWIW - The NASCAR fans are not taking this lightly... Here is what they are saying with regards to Bubba Wallace (the only black driver in cup) and his "Black Lives Matter" paint scheme....

Because of this guy that NASCAR pandered too, who could not win a race if he were the only driver out there, NASCAR has destroyed itself!!! BOYCOTT NASCAR!!

9. Likes Sandstone Addiction liked this post
    As someone that is well plugged into the racing world... NASCAR just slit their own throat and will never recover from this...

...the fan base just stood up in mass and left the room and will never return.

Once the current TV contracts expire NASCAR will find itself mired somewhere between dog shows and cornhole championships on the TV schedule.

/Bookmarked

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    ^^^This is me^^^

My conservative foundation was rock solid and never wavered from the time I graduated high school in 1978.

I was a sophomore in HS when a teacher informed me I should support Democrats because Republicans were the party of the rich and elite... that teacher did more to recruit me to the dark side then he ever knew... because the first thought through my head after he said that was I plan on being rich and elite so I guess I'd better learn and understand Republicans and conservatives.

True story...
    Being a veteran in 1970 was always entertaining while dealing with college professors. They wanted to teach politics even if it was a math class. When I said I wasn't paying to learn their politics their threat was that they would cancel my deferment. They hated the fact they couldn't use that on me. Of course they didn't have to give me passing grades either. LOL

But you young wippersnappers carry on!

12. Likes rockgremlin, Iceaxe liked this post
    As someone that is well plugged into the racing world... NASCAR just slit their own throat and will never recover from this...

...the fan base just stood up in mass and left the room and will never return.

Once the current TV contracts expire NASCAR will find itself mired somewhere between dog shows and cornhole championships on the TV schedule.

/Bookmarked

Couldn't agree more.

I'm sure Bill France, Sr has been turning over in his grave constantly ever since the big sell out to the major networks in 2001. Big money mortally wounded this sport and this latest cave in might be the coup de grace.

I miss the good old days...

NAPCAR is getting torched by its fan base on social media.... read the comments...

Bubba Wallace
    https://www.facebook.com/28567946220...8320122186221/

Rebel Flag
    https://www.facebook.com/28567946220...8323250926221/

Is it just me, or isn't it a bit ironic that these BLMers and leftist woke crowds are demonizing and tearing down the confederate symbols? Don't they have a very common stance and perspective, one in which they view 'the system' as oppressive and over controlling, and are declaring their autonomy, sovereignty, or separation from the system and control? The only thing they see in the confederacy is the slavery. But, wasn't it so much more than just a bunch of slave owners fighting to keep their 'property'?

But yet, at the same time, these same people want to give more power and control to the government, so long as it affects the causes they support, affects and controls other people the way they want people to be controlled, so long as their needs and wants are provided. It just doens't make any sense to me. What am i missing?
    I learn from the mistakes of people who took my advice.

Preferred Pronoun: Lambda-Gamma-Beta.

Proud member of the LGBFJB community.

16. Likes Sandstone Addiction, Iceaxe liked this post
    It's not that I'm a big fan of flying the Confederate flag, but I am a huge fan Constitutional rights, and the freedom of expression is right near the top. The woke crowd doesn't seen to understand that if they can take the rebel flag away from you they can take any flag away from you.

I might not agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.

Roger Goodell: NFL admits 'we were wrong' on player protests, says 'black lives matter'

https://sports.yahoo.com/roger-goode...224540686.html

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Roger Goodell: NFL admits 'we were wrong' on player protests, says 'black lives matter'

https://sports.yahoo.com/roger-goode...224540686.html

The overwhelming tone of the comment section of this article is DECIDEDLY against politicizing the sport....as it should be. I think this might be the first year I don't give a shit about the NFL. A few comments from the article:

- It's cool, I have no problem the NFL agrees that BLM and wants to see Police reform. However, if they let players kneel during the anthem or make some other political protest during the game, me and my money are done with the NFL and I hope millions of other fans do the same thing.

- Roger just created a major problem for the league, he basically threw in the flag to fans and told players they can alienate half the fans who want to honor the flag and watch football instead of a political protest.

- When will the NFL realize that it is not supposed to be a social justice organization. When it allows politics to mix with sports, even more fans will leave. And it was just getting some of them back with the Lamar Jackson show last season. This can only lead to social justice issues being presented on the field. There will end up being fewer viewers and ad revenue. The only plus side for the player's collective bargaining agreement is that it is still in place a little longer -- it won't take the negative earnings hit until renegotiation time. (BTW, you know that Yahoo is loving this -- it's been promoting the divisiveness agenda for a looooooong time).

- Goooo drew brees! All lives matter. He should of never apologized for it...but we all know the nfl made him.

- If this is how the commissioner feels, fine. If he lets these people kneel during the anthem, fans will not forgive them again.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

NASCAR driver's are now leaving the series over NASCAR's recent political stance...

https://kutv.com/news/nation-world/n...erate-flag-ban

Name:  3910A122-53AA-4C96-ADD9-82205D013F7D.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  21.2 KB

22. Likes rockgremlin, dougrz, Iceaxe liked this post
    Roger Goodell encourages NFL teams to sign Colin Kaepernick

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/16/us/nf...rnd/index.html

^^^Social Justice = Team signs CK, and starts him every single game, and performs spectacularly bad. As the team reaches about 0-8 on the season, the fans screams crescendo, and he is booed off the field due to terrible performance.

At this point, he is nothing more than a prop for a hoax movement.

25. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Two sports guys were talking about this a few days ago on the radio...they were being surprisingly blunt and straightforward about it, considering other daytime radio hosts are obviously carefully choosing their words. They recognized his performance when he was good, and also when he was bad...both of them figured his performance as a starter is behind him.

They covered ever angle of it...and it's most likely that Colin (if signed) would be a backup QB. Also, any team that takes him would likely want the League to cover the cost. They put the chances of it happening at 50/50. They discussed the teams that might be able to fit him in...a "black town" team like Baltimore.

I don't care either way. This guy is chump change in regards to the big picture.
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

Nobody serious about winning is going to take Kaepernick because of the turmoil he would bring to the locker room. Winning is as much about team chemistry as talent and no coach would want Kaepernick's disruption in the locker room.

no coach would want Kaepernick's disruption in the locker room.
    I would have agreed pre-Floyd. But he'd be a rallying force on a team now. Couple reasons. 1, he'd take attention off otherd on the team. That's good. 2, whatever team signs him would gain a huge boost in black player support and cooperation. 3, whatever coach uses him, likewise black support.

At the level of protests going to occur, I'd bet 90% of players kneel, and some fists in the air. Every game, whole season. Those who wouldn't normally will be afraid not to now, especially white players. Might end up being 98% league wide. Kaep will get some early attention, but the megastar lineup also doing it dilutes his unique status.