Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL & National Anthem

I don't care who you are... this is still funny...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

One other item about Kapernick, his wearing the"Pig Socks" is actually a bigger problem among some NFL owners then the kneeling. Lots of players kneeling these days, the owners are dealing with that, but only one asshat was wearing pig socks.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    If Kapernick was actually a first rate NFL QB capable of leading a team to a Superbowl win he would be starting somewhere. Plenty of felan's, wife beaters and all around assholes playing in the NFL.

Kapernick was overrated from his first start. He rode Alex Smith's coattails into the playoffs his first year and had a talent that took NFL teams a couple games to adjust to. The opposing teams adjusted and exposed Kapernick's many weaknesses, which is why he no longer has a job.

Now Kapernick might be a serviceable second string QB, but those are a dime a dozen. Why hire Kapernick as a QB2, with all his baggage, and the high probability he will destroy your team chemistry when you can hire a solid QB2 for the same cost. Why hire Kapernick as your QB2 when you can get the very professional and equally as talented Ryan Fitzpatrick for the same money?

YMMV
    I'm a 9er fan so I feel like I understand as well as anyone. There were always rumors he didn't actually want to play and to me, he visibly lost his fire or competitive edge. He also openly say he didn't want to be a back up. We literally stole Jimmy G away from the Patriots cause Tom Brady is a meglomaniac. As Trump would say "Bad deal..."

I side with the "if he was talented enough he'd have a job" and site that we have a budding all pro linebacker that beat the crap out of his girlfriend, who suddenly forgot what happened before the courts could get at Rueben Foster. Boy that kid sure can tackle.

As for disrespect, I'm going to say in America we have rights to do what we want to do. I'd personally not take a knee but won't infringe on someone's right to do so. I don't even think it's disrespectful if that person can give a valid reason why. Same thing with Abortion, I won't infringe on that persons right to choose but if I knocked up a woman I personally would be opposed to the idea of aborting the baby. I believe its wrong to terminate a healthy pregnancy if I was responsible for it but wouldn't attempt to dictate what others may do in that situation.

I've received the Bill Clinton meme like a dozen times this morning. I think Monica is quiet pretty now. I'd hit it.

Quote Originally Posted by DirkHammergate View Post
    I've received the Bill Clinton meme like a dozen times this morning. I think Monica is quiet pretty now. I'd hit it.
    I don't think people really ever cared that Clinton was banging an intern, I think they were a lot more upset that he was banging the fat homely intern.

....and yes I agree, Monica is much better looking now then back in the day.

So Trump says to these guys that are kneeling, "Send me some pardon referrals."

I think that's pretty damn clever.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post

Trump knows how to play people. Genius

Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post

The problem with the left is they think Trump is stupid, when in reality the guy is brilliant. So long as people keep underestimating his intelligence they will continue to lose.

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by DirkHammergate View Post
    Yep, always OBAMA!
    Always creating victims--BUT--

some are seeing through it.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/col...ers/684898002/
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

Attached Images Attached Images  
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

NFL's popularity sinks as voters overwhelmed by PC madness

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...-fumbling.html

NFL finally realizes new anthem policy is a mess

Hours after The Associated Press reported that Miami Dolphins players who protest on the field during the anthem could be suspended for up to four games under a team policy issued this week, the league and the players union issued a joint statement late Thursday night saying the two sides are talking things out.

“The NFL and NFLPA, through recent discussions, have been working on a resolution to the anthem issue. In order to allow this constructive dialogue to continue, we have come to a standstill agreement on the NFLPA’s grievance and on the NFL’s anthem policy. No new rules relating to the anthem will be issued or enforced for the next several weeks while these confidential discussions are ongoing,” the statement read. “The NFL and NFLPA reflect the great values of America, which are repeatedly demonstrated by the many players doing extraordinary work in communities across our country to promote equality, fairness and justice. Our shared focus will remain on finding a solution to the anthem issue through mutual, good faith commitments, outside of litigation.”

https://nypost.com/2018/07/20/nfl-fi...icy-is-a-mess/

With regards to the National Anthem the NFL has pretty much laid their dick on the counter and asked everyone that walks by to smack it with a hammer.

Bengals' Mike Brown: Owners asked to stay quiet on anthem policy for now

https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1574910

The NFL is in a major tailspin with fans... but this is not the answer....

NFL games will feature male dancers on sidelines for first time this season

http://dailysnark.com/nfl-games-will...e-this-season/

Jim Brown: “I’ll never kneel”

Brown, known as one of the most prominent activist/athletes of his era (and probably all eras), said he would never kneel for the national anthem according to Tom WIthers of the Associated Press.

“I’ll never kneel and I will always respect the flag,” Brown told Withers before the HBO premiere of “Hard Knocks” that features the Browns.

Brown, who is 82, said he supported the players’ rights to kneel. But he didn’t agree with what they’re doing.

“Well, if you take the bottom line, what are we talking about? We’re talking about freedom to express one’s self, and if you don’t break any rules then you have that particular right,” Brown told the Associated Press.

“I am not going to denigrate my flag and I’m going to stand for the national anthem. I’m fighting with all of my strength to make it a better country, but I don’t think that’s the issue. Because what is the top side? Are you not going to stand up? This is our country, man.

“We work hard to make it better and that’s my attitude, so I don’t relate to this issue because it’s newsworthy because where are your superstars? And where are they at? Aren’t they making comments?”

https://sports.yahoo.com/hall-fame-r...213934508.html