Thread: You MUST watch this insane Drone video

You MUST watch this insane Drone video

Wow, incredible pilot skills.

And NO this is not my video

Key points to watch for;

• The conductor noticing the drone and closing his window
    • Flying through the bridge while over the train!
    • Flying UNDER the train!
    • Flying into the box car
    • Landing on the train and launching again!!!!!!!!!!

So this is a racing drone and it's much smaller than the average one you see around, but DANG, so many spots to lose the drone. You can see at one point he knocks into the train and it almost takes him out.

Just a warning, there is a long shot of full frontal female nudity, just kidding the warning is really about the unsteadiness of the footage as he does flips and hard banking turns, so you may get a bit queasy.

2. Likes DiscGo, gholt, jdn1221 liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Wow! So much control!
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    So this is a racing drone and it's much smaller than the average one you see around, but DANG, so many spots to lose the drone. You can see here one point he knocks into the train and it almost takes him out.
    Man, you are pro!

That is amazing!
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

So just to clarify, this isn't my video. I've seen some hilarious feedback though, by those who choose to be offended, claiming it was a huge crime because he came in contact with the train itself. Yeah big deal, it seems they care more about this drone video than the hundreds of graffiti artists tagging the boxcars.

I've even read accusations of harassment of the locomotive conductor. Ha ha, I get harassed every time they blow that friggin horn at 3am in my neighborhood, so suck it up.

I think the Union Pacific could find ways to use drones more, along with every industry. The smart ones are already doing it. Imagine the railyard inspections that could be done in mere minutes. Anyways, I still enjoy this video.

It was close though, that conductor could have been distracted and swerved off of the tracks, derailing the whole train.

LOL, yeah he totally could've swerved off the tracks.

Pretty amazing technology that some dude standing on the side of the road a mile away can basically inspect the interior contents of the boxcars of a moving train passing in front of him.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Pretty amazing technology that some dude standing on the side of the road a mile away can basically inspect the interior contents of the boxcars of a moving train passing in front of him.
    Bum Search Patrol has a new meaning

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    While the video was pretty interesting, I find the fact that he was buzzing the conductor and train disturbing. This same person likely to buzz aircraft at a busy airport. These "drones" need to be isolated and away from homes and air traffic. I recently had one buzz my house for 5 minutes before I went inside and retrieved my pellet gun. If I find the SOB hovering over my house, it will not end well..
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

Quote Originally Posted by BruteForce View Post
    While the video was pretty interesting, I find the fact that he was buzzing the conductor and train disturbing. This same person likely to buzz aircraft at a busy airport. These "drones" need to be isolated and away from homes and air traffic. I recently had one buzz my house for 5 minutes before I went inside and retrieved my pellet gun. If I find the SOB hovering over my house, it will not end well..
    I'd suggest either getting video of it, or follow it to the pilot to have a conversation. If the conversation is open and calm, they'll probably show you exactly what they were filming, maybe there was something near your house of interest, maybe filming for a friend. At least it would raise awareness to the pilot, maybe it's a young kid with a toy and a great teaching opportunity.

I think the pilot in this video was hoping for a wave from the conductor, but he instead shut his window like he was getting shot at.

Drones in general are a temperamental and sometimes controversial topic. There are surely a bunch of spoiled kids with drones spying on their high school crushes, causing problems, and each of them need to be dealt with. Unfortunately, responsible pilots like me get accused of the same irresponsible behavior. When somebody sees my drone out filming the fall colors and accuses me of invading their privacy, they've got a an equal reply coming from me, accusing them of being so arrogant that with all of these beautiful fall colors and scenery, they thought I want to shoot video of their ugly face and completely F up my video, especially out in the public near a dozen other cameras if they are so concerned about being undetected in the outdoors.

Anyways, I think continuing education on both sides will be great, but I know for a fact this pilot would never be caught dead flying near an airport without the proper authorization.

For those times where I'm not so polite, I have this saying:

No I'm not filming you, I don't want my video to suck.

And equally, if I do see an irresponsible drone pilot, their actions do indirectly affect me, I would also try to convince them to correct their behavior too.

Another note of caution, just be careful with shooting at a drone. If it's registered with the FAA, it's a felony, and there was just recently a guy that was charged with shooting a drone with a pellet gun, the pilot caught him on video aiming at it. He was charged with shooting down a federally registered aircraft.

Sometimes the drone might seem like it's looking right into our yard or property, but in reality it's just cruising down the road, directly over the road, and the camera is pointed in the exact opposite direction. So in this case, a conversation with the pilot would be educating for maybe both parties. Mine will have a GPS track of where I've flown, and also a cache of the video, it's easy to show curious people what I'm getting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    Another note of caution, just be careful with shooting at a drone. If it's registered with the FAA, it's a felony, and there was just recently a guy that was charged with shooting a drone with a pellet gun, the pilot caught him on video aiming at it. He was charged with shooting down a federally registered aircraft.

Sometimes the drone might seem like it's looking right into our yard or property, but in reality it's just cruising down the road, directly over the road, and the camera is pointed in the exact opposite direction. So in this case, a conversation with the pilot would be educating for maybe both parties. Mine will have a GPS track of where I've flown, and also a cache of the video, it's easy to show curious people what I'm getting.
    What's the rules on flying over private property? Do you have to be at a certain height?

Quote Originally Posted by uintafly View Post
    What's the rules on flying over private property? Do you have to be at a certain height?
    This is going to upset a lot of people, but legally, drones can fly directly over private property because nobody owns the air.

This doesn't mean that laws wont start to pop up, like you've got to be 200 feet above somebody's private property and such. But as it stands right now, I can go and hover over my neighbor's yard.

This also means that my neighbor has the right to come over and chew me out for doing something like that. Just because it's legal doesn't mean I won't make enemies.

Basically, the land that we touch is where the law governs, so wherever it launches from and lands. Technically, I could launch from outside of any National Park and fly into the park boundaries, for as far as I can, which is several miles. If I'm following the FAA rules, not flying over crowds and into controlled FAA air space, and not interrupting any law enforcement or fire control efforts, I'm not breaking any law and the National Parks can't do jack squat about it. They don't own the air space. Neither do any of the Ski resorts that post the "No Drones" signs, I can legally launch outside of the property and fly inside for as long as my battery lasts, which is about 25 minutes.

This doesn't mean it won't cause all kinds of people trying to track down the drone and confronting me when it lands in my hands though, I'd just be asking for trouble. But the law would be on my side.

For the record, I have no interest in doing this, but some do, just to say they can. And also for the record, for those who complain about the noise and disruption of a drone inside somewhere like Teton National Park, but didn't say anything about the 2 helicopters flying around and landing directly in the park for about 3 hours, their point is invalid. But I do agree, the National Parks are no place for loud drones.

In the future though, they'll be much quieter, so we'll see what happens then. I think as long as people love the great footage provided by aerial photography, the industry will continue to grow. So in a sense, we're all to blame for the drone industry growth. Every television show, even the News will have drone shots if you know what to look for. We are all feeding the frenzy.