Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BYU Legalizes Caffeine!!!

BYU Legalizes Caffeine!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Now that are going to be extra amped at their home games.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

It's a trick to separate the rightous from the un-holy riff raff.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

5. Likes Iceaxe, gholt liked this post
    So was this another convenient revelation, or what?

I dunno why caffeine hasn't been "legal" all along. On my mission in Ecuador everyone drank caffeinated beverages. Nobody cared. I think the only people fretting about it are Utah Mormons.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

They've never stopped anyone from buying a coke off campus and bringing it back onto campus. They just haven't sold it on campus until now. Whether that has anything to do with a revelation or not, I doubt it. No need to have a chip on your shoulder about it.

And yes, it's a trap.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    I think the only people fretting about it are Utah Mormons.
    Utah Mormons are a bread all to themselves. I'm always amazed at the difference between Utah Mormons and those of Southern Idaho, you would think they would be very similar but they are worlds apart in what they do, how they act and what is acceptable.

Utah Mormons are a bread all to themselves
    Even in Utah, the Mormons are completely different in different areas. For example, although it's a generalization, the Salt Lake Mormons are pretty different from the ones in Escalante.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Just remember.... The reason we go to church is to learn how to judge others.

ROFLMAO

This is true, and I've never seen anything quite as strange as a Mormon from Utah county. Which explains why it took so long for them to sell caffeinated soda at BYU.

12. Likes gholt liked this post
    When the LDS church leadership came out with the announcement a few years ago telling everybody they never, EVER said caffeine was against the rules, it was difficult for those people that have preached against caffeine to quickly turn around and be OK with it. It's understandably embarrassing for some people who want to preach something they've misunderstood for generations, to admit they were wrong, especially if they've punished their kids for drinking it.

There were those who have sworn against caffeine out of self righteousness, that when the church made the announcement, they were very conflicted and had a hard time accepting the church's allowance of caffeine. These are the people that give Mormons a bad image, they are so hardcore in their self righteousness, that they actually disagree with the church's acceptance of something. Talk about missing the point.

On a side note, caffeine is a drug, and if you'd like to leave it out of your daily diet, good for you.

14. Likes rockgremlin, gholt, Iceaxe liked this post
    The reason we go to church is to learn how to judge others.
    For those that may need some direction on judgement, I have created the following judgement scale:

When you saw the picture in this thread, what did you think?

+3 = Caffeine? No thanks. What was BYU thinking?

+2 = I tried it once.

+1 = I may drink it occasionally.

0 = I have been drinking it for years, but I have no other great sins.

-1 = The Coke in that picture looks good. I think I’ll have one now.

-2 = That Coke looks good and the girl in the BYU shirt has a nice rack.

-3 = That Coke would go great with rum and I wish that girl wasn’t wearing a shirt.

Name:  evil.JPG
Views: 186
Size:  20.8 KB

16. Likes mxerhale, gholt, accadacca liked this post

I think on first view, I was a -1. Now that you mentioned it though... -2.

20. Likes jdn1221 liked this post
    What is - 4

-1--> - 3 depending on the day

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    For those that may need some direction on judgement, I have created the following judgement scale:
    Are non-Mormons allowed to vote? Forgive my ignorance, but is cafeine in coffee (or even tannin in tea) allowed in the Mormon Church?

Rob
    (Church of England,hence Protestant)

Quote Originally Posted by Rob L View Post
    Are non-Mormons allowed to vote? Forgive my ignorance, but is cafeine in coffee (or even tannin in tea) allowed in the Mormon Church?

Rob
    (Church of England,hence Protestant)
    Coffee or tea are not allowed when you are a Mormon.

Quote Originally Posted by gholt View Post
    What is - 4

Anything below -3 would probably be censored from Bogley.

I'll tell ya, the world just wouldn't seem right without a couple cups of coffee everyday and an occasional toke of ganja.

Put down #2 for me as well...but I didn't notice the Coke.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?