Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hurricane and Earthquake History related to Climate Change

Hurricane and Earthquake History related to Climate Change

Are hurricanes increasing due to climate change? Warmer oceans create more and stronger storms?

Article: Taking a look back at the strongest hurricanes and busiest storm seasons on record
    https://www.ksl.com/?sid=45733791

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Oh you troll...
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Yeah... I swam up, smelled the bait, circled around, sniffed the bait once more, and swam away....

5. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    What about earthquakes? A 7.1 just hit Mexico City!

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    What about earthquakes? A 7.1 just hit Mexico City!
    It's all Trumps fault! Haven't you been paying attention to the media?

You guys are no fun at all... Some CRAZY things have been happening over the past 30 days or so. I don't see this as being normal...

Mexico Earthquake...

Don't you go to Sunday School?

“There will be great earthquakes, famines and pestilences in various places, and fearful events and great signs from heaven” (Luke 21:11).

“And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done. And there were voices, and thunders, and lightnings; and there was a great earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake... ” (Rev. 16:17-21 KJV)

Isaiah 29:6
    Thou shalt be visited of the Lord of hosts with thunder, and with earthquake, and great noise, with storm and tempest, and the flame of devouring fire.

11. Likes Sandstone Addiction liked this post
    Good thing I live surrounded by God's chosen, it helps me sleep better at night :-)

Explain these recent events...
    • Hurricane Harvey - Estimates for the cost of Hurricane Harvey’s damage have come in at $65 billion, $180 billion, and as high as $190 billion — the last of which would make it the costliest disaster in US history.
    • Hurricane Irma - The numbers from the second record-breaking storm that hit the US this summer, Hurricane Irma, meanwhile, are still rolling in. But totals range from $50 billion to $100 billion.
    • 8.1 Earthquake off southern coast of Mexico - At least 61 people have died after the most powerful earthquake to hit Mexico in a century.
    • 7.1 Earthquake near Mexico City - The earthquake struck on the anniversary of a 1985 temblor, which killed thousands of people and devastated large parts of Mexico City.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-19 at 2.48.14 PM.png
Views: 273
Size:  55.4 KB

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-19 at 2.49.43 PM.png
Views: 269
Size:  40.3 KB

Stuff like that happens all the time around the globe. You just don't know about it because it isn't reported. If a tree falls in the woods, and nobody's around, etc...

Plus God is mad at us for electing Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Stuff like that happens all the time around the globe. You just don't know about it because it isn't reported. If a tree falls in the woods, and nobody's around, etc...
    Plus God is mad at us for electing Trump.

I look at it more pragmatically (*)...it has been known for tens of thousands of years that hurricanes hit the Caribean + Florida (guess why the archipelago has that shape?) and tornadoes hit the mid west, and earthquakes hit Mexico City, and cyclones hit Texas and India and Bangladesh, and ...

Need I go on? Just don't live there if you are not able or willing to put up with the life-taking consequences of the Earth doing its thing, as it has been for 1000X centuries.

* I don't care who is President

16. Likes rockgremlin liked this post

Hurricane and Earthquake History related to Climate Change

Couldn't climate change be responsible for more severe earthly shifts?

I think anyone who is deeply concerned about what humans may be doing to the planet should just kill themselves. Hope that it's better next time around?

This kinda reminds me of hardcore feminists, they've always got that radar up, just looking to be offended. Always on the hunt to get themselves tweaked.

Anthropogenic Climate Change? Yeah sure...we're grinding up big ass hurricanes and earthquakes now.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Couldn't climate change be responsible for more severe earthly shifts?
    Ok now I KNOW you're trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    I think anyone who is deeply concerned about what humans may be doing to the planet should just kill themselves.
    Or better, try to make the world a better place.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    Or better, try to make the world a better place.
    Hey, right on! Anybody can do whatever they want to make themselves happy.

I'm just one of those that doesn't give any thought to climate change at all...unless I'm shaking my head at someone who's rambling on about it.

There are billions of more people coming, and the geopolitical situations are concerning. I think the fate of mankind will be determined in the next 100 to 200 years. It'll either be a utopian science fiction come true or a friggin' Soylent Green. Maybe a Blade Runner type thing? Either way, I'll be long dead and gone. Good luck to the future and I hope for the best! That is, unless Mother Nature decides to rip us a new butthole between now and then.

There's this new movie out called "mother!". It's about the "rape and torment" of Mother Earth. Supposedly, it's a real downer. Right up the alley of those who wish to lament.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Holy $hite!! That is freaky!!

You think they would improve their building codes after 1985.