Thread: North Ogden/Willard/Brigham City People: BETA needed

North Ogden/Willard/Brigham City People: BETA needed

We are planning on a big ride on SAturday (weather dependent....) and need a little information. We will be heading north on the Willard BST to its northern terminus. At that point, we were thinking we would have to bail down to the highway and continue north to the bottom of Perry Canyon. However, it appears that there is a canal/doubletrack road that we may be able to use to bypass the highway section and connect directly into the White Rock Trail. I"ve attached a little labeled map to ensure we are speaking the same language.

Anybody know if this is public access?
    Attached Files Attached Files

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Sorry, I've personally never done this route, but I'd be interested to learn what you find.

I'm TERRIBLE at posting trip reports lately, but I just rode Willard Peak to Ben Lomond to North Ogden divide on Saturday.

At all the access points the road is marked No Trespassing. However I've never been hassled by anyone while walking on it. I think it is mainly to keep the ATV's off it. Best to contact the canal company.
    And as a disclaimer I've never tried to walk along it through the gravel pits. They are very protective of their operations.
    Last edited by middlefork; 09-18-2017 at 12:25 PM. Reason: add gravel pits

Quote Originally Posted by middlefork View Post
    At all the access points the road is marked No Trespassing. However I've never been hassled by anyone while walking on it. I think it is mainly to keep the ATV's off it. Best to contact the canal company.
    And as a disclaimer I've never tried to walk along it through the gravel pits. They are very protective of their operations.
    Thanks for the info. We may take a look and see what we think when we get there. Do you know anything about the road that takes off north east from that canal called "Fire Break Rd"?

The one north of the Willard Canyon gravel pit that goes up to the Bonneville bench and then to Brigham City?
    It's a pretty steep climb to the bench but a pretty good road from there.

Quote Originally Posted by middlefork View Post
    The one north of the Willard Canyon gravel pit that goes up to the Bonneville bench and then to Brigham City?
    It's a pretty steep climb to the bench but a pretty good road from there.
    Yep. We're probably talking about the same road. It does look steep until it meets up with the White Rock Trail on that bench. I think we are going to go for it and hope for the best.

Keep in mind, the last time I was on the canal road, the goat heads were an absolute nightmare. I'm not sure if they still are, but I'd make sure you've got good sealant in the tires. Just for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by devo_stevo View Post
    Keep in mind, the last time I was on the canal road, the goat heads were an absolute nightmare. I'm not sure if they still are, but I'd make sure you've got good sealant in the tires. Just for fun.
    You are the second person to have warned me about this. I suppose the safe route would be just to bail down to the highway.

We didn't play it safe. That canal road / firebreak road was a great connection. There was some walking up the hill to get to that first bench and the intersection with White Rock Trail, but it went quickly.

Trip report: http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthre...mond-clockwise

Ride Details: https://www.strava.com/activities/1198550224