Thread: North Korea Missiles

North Korea Missiles

Again?

--

The missile "flew over Japan and toward to the North Pacific Ocean," they said.

Japan's public broadcaster NHK showed a government warning, known as the J-Alert, that "a missile" has passed over Hokkaido, northern Japan, and landed in the Pacific Ocean. NHK also stated: "The government is advising people to stay away from anything that could be missile debris."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/14/asia/n...nch/index.html

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

We don't want a shooting war with China, because we'd have to do it off aircraft carriers and the Chinese have shitloads of cruise missiles. We don't want to lose carriers.

China is pulling the strings on this whole thing. If they can push us around, they will. They've got big plans for that whole region...I think China is going to go Imperialist, and we're just gonna watch it happen. They'll likely get too big for their britches and that'll start WW3. Unless everyone gets paid off somehow.

I can't imagine what might happen if they start splashing those things down around Hawaii or Guam. I'm sure our military has a red line...but I don't think the Chinese will cross it. I don't think they're ready for a shooting war right now...I'd say 20 years or so, but things are moving quick.

I think the next thing for them is to fly them right over the heart of Japan.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

4. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    I'm betting we shot down one of these North Korean missile in the near future. Anyone want to bet?

You mean before they definitively invade Japanese airspace? You think that's the red line? I bet we don't shoot anything down unless it heads for something we care about.
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Trumps not dumb enough to draw a "red line", like Obama did in Syria. But the US will do something militarily and I expect it to be a shoot down. We will wait until the right missile so we can claim self defense. YMMV

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Trumps not dumb enough to draw a "red line", like Obama did in Syria.
    Trump already did draw the red line with North Korea back in January. The red line was that North Korea wouldn't develop a nuclear weapon capable of striking the US. The red line is quickly being approached.

For years, the US has been focused too much on useless squabbles, while ignoring the huge problem of North Korea, which country has been directly threatening the US for years.

I said in another thread that we should try to make the world a better place, but the world would be a better place without the psycho running North Korea. If North Korea does attack the US or any our allies, we should strike back with full force and level the area where Kim is known to be located. There would be collateral damage, but it would make the war shorter and save lives in the long run. If attacked, we don't need any of the ROA bull**** that just prolongs the war and makes it unwinnable.

Some are worried about China getting involved, but if it comes down to that, China is more likely in the long run to side with the US than North Korea. Their economy depends on it. China is trying hard to appease both sides, for now, and giving lip service to North Korea, but I seriously doubt that they will attack the US on North Korea's behalf.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

9. Likes twotimer liked this post
    We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

Nice post, Scott.

I'm not so sure about China, though. I think they'll stab us in the back at every opportunity. Sure, there's a lot of economy stuff going on, but I believe they're thinking more for the long term...they've been making some really big moves over there to reshape the geopolitical landscape. They can't give up North Korea.

Trump was right to let them know that if we have to, we'll come in with all guns blazing. He's standing right up to China...let's see what happens, huh?
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

North Korea Missiles

Harvard University professor Alex Wellerstein has created an online tool called a "Nukemap," which shows how many people in an individual city would be killed in a nuclear blast.

http://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/

We keep wondering when Trump is going to do something about the missiles flying over Japan, but good hell when is JAPAN going to do something about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    We keep wondering when Trump is going to do something about the missiles flying over Japan, but good hell when is JAPAN going to do something about it?

Japan is used to warheads falling from the sky...

Too soon?
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    I'd have to look up the exact details, but after WWII Japan and the US signed a treaty stating the US was partially responsible for Japan's security. The treaty is still in effect as neither side has ever activated the escape clause.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    I'd have to look up the exact details, but after WWII Japan and the US signed a treaty stating the US was partially responsible for Japan's security. The treaty is still in effect as neither side has ever activated the escape clause.
    This is true and the treaty even says that Japan has only rights of self defense collectively with other nations, especially the US. They aren't allowed full rights of self defence under the treaty.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Well that's just silly. I'm sure it made sense at one time to someone, but it seems the time for dependence on another nation for one's own well being is over and they should at least be able to take care of itself when they need to.

Quote Originally Posted by devo_stevo View Post
    Well that's just silly. I'm sure it made sense at one time to someone, but it seems the time for dependence on another nation for one's own well being is over and they should at least be able to take care of itself when they need to.
    The treaty originally had a 10 year life span, after which either nation could exit the treaty by giving one years notice. Neither nation has ever issued such a notice. Something else of interest is this is the longest running treaty between major powers. To date the treaty has worked well for both nations as it gives the US a major presents in the east and Japan gets US muscle as a body guard.

See. there was a good reason for it. Although it seems to have put Japan in a tough situation regarding the current situation.

This isn't going to play well with the Trump deranged crowd...

North Korea begins dismantling its main missile-engine test site, satellite images indicate

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/07...-indicate.html

22. Likes diesel liked this post