Thread: Fiddler Cove Canyon

Fiddler Cove Canyon

Hi there...Looking for any intel on Fiddler Cove Canyon. Have 6 nights starting next week. Two experienced backpackers (but not technical climbers with ropes) with high clearance SUV and AWD but not a jeep. Any tips or good sources on that particular area? Water sources? Road conditions?

Have been in Dark Canyon and Choprock-Silver Falls Loop and Egypt-Fence-Twenty-Five Mile Loop as examples of what we have done before. Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I assume that you have already seen this page?:

http://www.summitpost.org/fiddler-cove-canyon/457448

There are small springs in the drainage. I don't know what current conditions are, but much of the time I wouldn't take an AWD down the Poison Springs Road. If it is recently graded it isn't bad, but if not, it can be a real 4WD road.

You may want to come in from Red Ledges.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    I assume that you have already seen this page?:

http://www.summitpost.org/fiddler-cove-canyon/457448

There are small springs in the drainage. I don't know what current conditions are, but much of the time I wouldn't take an AWD down the Poison Springs Road. If it is recently graded it isn't bad, but if not, it can be a real 4WD road.

You may want to come in from Red Ledges.
    Thanks!

Now that I think about it, the Red Benches are going to be really hot and dry thus time of year. Later in the year is better. Take lots of water!
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.