Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: iPhone X

^^^I think those lists were documenting profits from all products, not just phones. So for Apple it would be not just their iPhones, but Macs, iWatches, iEarbuds, iBatteries, iTunes, iPods, etc...

Same goes for Samsung Electronics -- I think that applies not just for Android phones, but for TVs, and other Samsung products.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    It will be interesting to see if the gap widens after the X is launched and holiday shopping wraps up next year.

Full List

Most Profitable
    Last time I looked profit was determined by what was left over after covering the hard and soft costs. If you make fewer products, pay your competitor 12% of every phone sold (part of the hard costs), capture 40% less of the market share, and still show double the profit line... you've got a great scam going! Let's us all know that Apple is charging way too much for their products (one investment report noted Apple profits nearly $400/phone) - thanks for pointing that out...

Regardless of how you slice it, Samsung is cleaning up the table scraps. That was my point. I'm not only talking about the iPhone X, but the overall worth of the company.

The same could be said for Reebok, Adidas and others. They clean up the table scraps that Nike leaves behind. It all boils down to marketing. Apple does a phenomenal job in this category. The products may or may not be better, but the demand they create trumps the other variables.

Then it becomes basic economics. They charge what they want to charge, just like any other premium brand.

Samsung is the Reebok of the electronics world? WTF? This statement may be the very definition of delusion.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Regardless of how you slice it, Samsung is cleaning up the table scraps. That was my point. I'm not only talking about the iPhone X, but the overall worth of the company.
    WRONG!!!

It's cute the way you try and manipulate information in an attempt to pacify you fanboi needs. You seem to only be looking at the value of Samsung Electronic's, when in reality Samsung is a much larger company. That's like looking at the value of Chevrolet but conveniently omitting the fact they are part of General Motors. Samsung is separated into four business groups: Samsung Group, Shinsegae Group, CJ Group and Hansol Group (think Chevrolet, Buick, Cadillac and GMC).

For the record, notable Samsung industrial affiliates include Samsung Electronics, Samsung Heavy Industries, Samsung Engineering, Samsung C&T, Samsung Life Insurance, Samsung Everland, Cheil Worldwide and numerous other smaller ventures.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    WRONG!!!

It's cute the way you try and manipulate information in an attempt to pacify you fanboi needs. You seem to only be looking at the value of Samsung Electronic's, when in reality Samsung is a much larger company. That's like looking at the value of Chevrolet but conveniently omitting the fact they are part of General Motors. Samsung is separated into four business groups: Samsung Group, Shinsegae Group, CJ Group and Hansol Group (think Chevrolet, Buick, Cadillac and GMC).

For the record, notable Samsung industrial affiliates include Samsung Electronics, Samsung Heavy Industries, Samsung Engineering, Samsung C&T, Samsung Life Insurance, Samsung Everland, Cheil Worldwide and numerous other smaller ventures.

So what is their combined revenue compared to the top 15 that is listed on fortune.com and other sites listing the most profitable companies?

It was announced that Apple took over the #1 spot many months ago at $45.7 billion: http://fortune.com/2017/06/07/fortun...hire-hathaway/

The global top 500 is what I referenced earlier with Apple #1 in the US.

http://fortune.com/global500/

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...nies/74501312/

https://www.quora.com/Which-company-...ple-or-samsung

Both make great phones, computers, and other electronics... Just boils down to preference.

Gotcha. I guess the closest comparison would be Samsung Electronics vs. Apple Computer. The rest is apples to oranges.

All I know is that opinions are like armpits. Everybody has a couple of them and they usually stink.

I like my iPhone. It works well, does everything I need it to do, and the quality of the hardware is top notch. They are a quality product. The same can be said of the comparable Samsung phone.

Use whatever one you want. I don't care. Yes, Apple makes a lot of money off of their phones. That's fine with me. They are in business to make money. All companies are. If they don't, they disappear and we don't get the cool new toys that we all want so much. That's capitalism for you.

Don't expect your carrier to help pay for your $1000 iPhone.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/dont-ex...sla=y&mod=e2fb

iPhone X

Forgot to set my alarm for 1 am. Ordered at 7 am, now I gotta wait a few weeks. They started selling out after 10 minutes.

First World problems... LOL...

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    First World problems... LOL...
    Pretty much...lol

I read the other day that they have had production problems and will not have the amount available that they had hoped for. Will take longer to get the orders filled than expected. Probably why you are having to wait.

Blog Entries
    @accadacca when he gets his new phone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

18. Likes accadacca, rockgremlin liked this post
    I don't want to be poor forever so I will just use my android phone, unless it got broke but I won't still buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    @accadacca when he gets his new phone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It’s finally in transit.

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    My kid has had his for almost 2 weeks now. What took you so long, @accadacca ?
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

Quote Originally Posted by BruteForce View Post
    My kid has had his for almost 2 weeks now. What took you so long, @accadacca ?
    Wow! You allow that kind of trash in your home? haha

I didn't order mine until that Friday morning, so my delivery was delayed.