Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: iPhone X

Ment to type iPhone 7 and not 8, my bad. I have no clue about the camera in the 8.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

4. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    Looking trendy can get expensive.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Does the camera STILL protrude out of the body, asking to get scratched up? This goes for most manufacturers too, so ridiculous that you need to buy a case or your camera is going to get all scratched up by setting it down.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    $1000 bucks for that POS?!

Nope.

Android all day baby. That way I can have a cell phone AND avoid the guilt of taking bread out of my kids mouth's just so that I can look trendy.
    I love Apple and the integration. I have a gaming PC I built just for gaming, but otherwise, everything else is Apple. But just to point out, I don't need to look trendy and my kids aren't hungry. You should be guilty if you spent $50 on an Android phone & taking bread out of your kid's mouth. Cost of things are very relative to what you make.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^^I'm flattered that you created an account just so that you could come on here and assure me that you're in no way trendy.

10. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    Creating an account just to defend Apple.... That has to be the exact definition of a Fanboi.

12. Likes DiscGo, rockgremlin liked this post
    We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

14. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by kafene View Post
    I love Apple and the integration....
    ^^^I'm flattered that you created an account just so that you could come on here and assure me that you're in no way trendy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Creating an account just to defend Apple.... That has to be the exact definition of a Fanboi.
    But, the account was set up in 2013, and then waiting, saving the posts, until this opportune moment! That's dedication. Welcome @kafene !

16. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    But, the account was set up in 2013, and then waiting, saving the posts, until this opportune moment! That's dedication. Welcome @kafene !
    Which is even more interesting. Assuming he has been reading posts on this site for the last 4 years, nothing compelled him to come out of lurking to make a public contribution on this forum.....until Apple started getting dragged through the mud.

Now you've scared him/her away, and they'll never want to post again....

Great first post @kafene

These Android fanboys have a hard time taking their own medicine.

Do you like to know what your device is doing and how you can change that? Then go Android, otherwise, go Apple.

Is money your primary concern, then there are infinitely more inexpensive yet capable choices in the Android market.

Phones and software have become data collection/privacy violation tools. Apple seems to be giving more control to the user by default in their last few releases. Their web browser has better privacy and ad blocking options though they aren't necessarily enabled by default. Third party browsers like Firefox in Android give you more privacy than Chrome. You can enable more control in Android and extend privacy and security, but you need some nerd ability or help to do so.

Social Media is not your friend if you like privacy and ad blocking.

21. Likes Sandstone Addiction liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    That's not a fair choice. I have eaten at Cracker Barrel so I know neither of those choices can be seen as smart!

By the way, in the old days did people argue over who had the best landline phone?

23. Likes kafene, accadacca liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by uintafly View Post
    That's not a fair choice. I have eaten at Cracker Barrel so I know neither of those choices can be seen as smart!

By the way, in the old days did people argue over who had the best landline phone?
    Yeah and its not just a "Phone" you grumpy old men. Its a pocket computer with a phone that gets used 10% of the time.

Actually, I didn't even know what site I was posting to. It just came up on TapaTalk so I replied. I use Apple products because it works for me. I'm not a fan of Apple as much as I am a fan of things that work well for my needs.

Always funny to see people talk about the virtues of what they think is the "best" product when these companies don't really care about what you think as long as you buy their products. Apple will sell me out in a heart beat if they thought they could make way more money somewhere else and so would SamSung or Android, or whoever. All they care about is market penetration.

Regarding the people arguing about what device takes the best photos, concentrate more on what memory your capturing. 20 years from now, I can pretty much tell you nobody is gonna give a crap about what device took the photo, and most people would probably feel embarrassed that they even posted arguments about it. By that time, the best camera out right now is probably gonna look like junk compared to what your 12 y.o. grandchild is gonna be using.

26. Likes rockgremlin, Iceaxe liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by kafene View Post
    Actually, I didn't even know what site I was posting to. It just came up on TapaTalk so I replied. I use Apple products because it works for me. I'm not a fan of Apple as much as I am a fan of things that work well for my needs.

Always funny to see people talk about the virtues of what they think is the "best" product when these companies don't really care about what you think as long as you buy their products. Apple will sell me out in a heart beat if they thought they could make way more money somewhere else and so would SamSung or Android, or whoever. All they care about is market penetration.

Regarding the people arguing about what device takes the best photos, concentrate more on what memory your capturing. 20 years from now, I can pretty much tell you nobody is gonna give a crap about what device took the photo, and most people would probably feel embarrassed that they even posted arguments about it. By that time, the best camera out right now is probably gonna look like junk compared to what your 12 y.o. grandchild is gonna be using.

I cannot refute any of these valid points.

Hey guys! I just got an iPhone!! And it's everything the fanbois promised, and more!!

Name:  2017-09-19 21.56.43.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  95.5 KB

29. Likes DiscGo, jman liked this post

iPhone X

I am pretty sure my new 8 iPhone Plusssssss could do more than any of your Android phones. Just saying. All things are not equal!

31. Likes Iceaxe liked this post