Thread: Steve Morga, RIP

Steve Morga, RIP

We Lost A Good One Today

Forgive me for not providing a lot of detail but they are still coming in. Today many of us lost a friend, mentor, and colleague in Steve Morga. This is his MeetUp page and over the years we have all been touched by him in some way. His passing was sudden, and it hurts at every level. And while it doesn't bring him back or make it any easier, please know that he was taken during one of his favorite activities here in the Colorado Natl Monument. His wife Michelle is heart broken to put it mildly and my Donna and I are helping as best we can but we needed to let the canyon community know so that your thoughts and prayers will help carry her through this incredibly painful time. Steve Morga was an understated man in all that he does so I will do my best to keep you posted, please message me as needed and I will try and respond as I can. Thank you
    ]Stephen Fullerton

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Very sorry to hear this.

Condolences to Michelle.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by rick t View Post
    We Lost A Good One Today

Forgive me for not providing a lot of detail but they are still coming in. Today many of us lost a friend, mentor, and colleague in Steve Morga. This is his MeetUp page and over the years we have all been touched by him in some way. His passing was sudden, and it hurts at every level. And while it doesn't bring him back or make it any easier, please know that he was taken during one of his favorite activities here in the Colorado Natl Monument. His wife Michelle is heart broken to put it mildly and my Donna and I are helping as best we can but we needed to let the canyon community know so that your thoughts and prayers will help carry her through this incredibly painful time. Steve Morga was an understated man in all that he does so I will do my best to keep you posted, please message me as needed and I will try and respond as I can. Thank you
    ]Stephen Fullerton
    Steve died of a heart attack while hiking in the Colorado National Monument. I was sure it wasn't due to an accident, because he was one of the most competent, conservative and safe canyoneers I knew. A good friend and one of the best guys ever, my heart goes out to his wife, Michelle.

5. Likes ratagonia liked this post
    Sorry for the loss of this great man.

Dang, that's too bad. Sorry to hear that.

Bless Steve and his family.

He was the instructor at my 1st ACA class. He ran that course, one time only, out of Garden of the Gods here in Colorado Springs (testing to see if there was demand on the Eastern Rockies). We kept in touch, on and off, after the class about trails and things to do on the front range--always helpful and positive.

Thanks for alerting us to his passing.

9. Likes jman liked this post