Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Utah Cop illegally arrests Nurse for not giving patients blood sample

Utah Cop illegally arrests Nurse for not giving patients blood sample

I haven't seen the video yet, but this guy sounds like a real asshat. Another episode of bad cop no donut.

What was this guy thinking?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Perhaps in UTAH the woman is expected to obey the man - and thats what really got the cop annoyed.

It appears the dumbass cops watch supervisor order him to arrest the nurse, so at least two heads should roll.

Love how cops like to push their authority to get whatever they want.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    The U of U and DPS officers are complicit. Why didn't any of them intervene on such an obvious abuse of power and violation of law?
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

Two cops placed on leave.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

9. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by BruteForce View Post
    The U of U and DPS officers are complicit. Why didn't any of them intervene on such an obvious abuse of power and violation of law?
    There were no DPS officers present nor are they ever involved with the U of U. This was SLCPD exclusively.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    There were no DPS officers present nor are they ever involved with the U of U. This was SLCPD exclusively.
    At least one U of U officer was present as the nurse asked him to intervene and he refused. So it was more then just SLCPD.

Utah Cop illegally arrests Nurse for not giving patients blood sample

I counted 4-5 cops or dudes with badges in total and not one of them stopped the madness. There are SO many other ways to handle the situation:

• How about talking to hospital management, instead of arresting a nurse for following hospital policy, her boss and the LAW.
    • How about knowing the ACTUAL law.
    • How about leaving your EGO at the door.
    • How about not assaulting an innocent law abiding citizen.
    • How many other things can we list?

Instead, both cops were hell bent on arresting her and telling off anyone else with a logical thought. Textbook example of cops gone bad, letting their egos get in the way and abusing their power.

She should totally sue the state for that BS. Ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    At least one U of U officer was present as the nurse asked him to intervene and he refused. So it was more then just SLCPD.
    Ok. This was SLCPD and U of U officers. Still not DPS or UPD or Sandy PD, etc, etc. It was reported incorrectly in the media and it is an important distinction. Jeff Payne works for Jackie Biskupski and Mike Brown, not the governor.

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Ok. This was SLCPD and U of U officers. Still not DPS or UPD or Sandy PD, etc, etc. It was reported incorrectly in the media and it is an important distinction. Jeff Payne works for Jackie Biskupski and Mike Brown, not the governor.
    I read at least two reports indicating a DPS officer was present. What's your thing with this? Personal connection with LEO?
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

U of U police chief says his officers should have protected nurse.

http://kutv.com/news/local/chief-off...urse-at-u-of-u

My buddy works with Jeff Payne, the arresting officer. He's a douche. He acts like this his whole career. He's a cop, an investigator, and also an EMT. He gets paid to get blood samples, so when the Nurse was showing him the agreement that his very own Police Department had made with that particular hospital, he lost his patience and cuffed her.

His defense is you can see her backing up as he charges toward her and she does what any scared and shocked human would do to any hand that is coming toward them, she tried to deflect it away.

This is where she assaulted a police officer. This is his only little piece of hope in this whole thing. The definition of assault is getting a little stupid.

He is also on other audio from this same incident, heard saying that he brings a lot of patients to this hospital, so now he'll only bring transients, bums, drug addicts and homeless to this one, and bring the "good ones" elsewhere.

This is the piece that has him removed from his EMT job, where my buddy works with him.

Imagine, an EMT that knows if you're deserving of the proper care because of the neighborhood you're from.

18. Likes REDFOX, rockgremlin liked this post
    There are arguments that a CDL driver has agreed to automatically give a blood sample in an incident, this and that. But all of those conditions are NULL and VOID when the police dept agreed with that hospital that there are only 3 methods to get a sample.

If the person is charged with a crime

Consent by the individual

EDIT, I forget what the 3rd rule is, but this dude didn't qualify.

The real story you may not hear, is this patient was involved in a chase up in Logan, Cache County, and the police officer ran into the vehicle and caused this injury to the patient. So they are really super duper really hoping that they could find the guy was on Meth or something illegal to justify the whole thing.

I may be wrong but I don't think they found any illegal substance in the patient's blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    The real story you may not hear, is this patient was involved in a chase up in Logan, Cache County, and the police officer ran into the vehicle and caused this injury to the patient. So they are really super duper really hoping that they could find the guy was on Meth or something illegal to justify the whole thing.

I may be wrong but I don't think they found any illegal substance in the patient's blood.
    And where on earth did you get this version of the story?

KSL may not always get everything right but their reporting make more sense than your above story.
    https://www.ksl.com/?sid=45174911&nid=148

Quote Originally Posted by middlefork View Post
    And where on earth did you get this version of the story?

KSL may not always get everything right but their reporting make more sense than your above story.
    https://www.ksl.com/?sid=45174911&nid=148

Eh, close I guess. One version was the officer made contact with the vehicle, the other is he was just following, but both stories involve the high speed chase.

So now since the driver died after being involved with a high speed pursuit, the police department was overly anxious to find something in the driver's blood.

If the driver was completely sober and dies in a police pursuit, that's a much more difficult story to swallow than the dude being coked out.

This is why Jeff Payne was in such a hurry to get this blood sample, although I'm not sure what the final result was except Officer Payne made a boo boo.

The person who's blood they were determined to draw only crime was being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

The approaching vehicle that was being pursued crossed over the center line to directly strike the truck of the injured driver who's blood they were trying to get.

I don't see what reason they would have to test his blood. If a pursuing officer tried a pit maneuver and the car then struck the truck it seems most likely that the pursuit driver would be tested along with the driver of the car being pursued. Again no reason to test the driver of the truck.

Middlefork has the correct sequence of events.