Thread: Ogden Hot Springs

Ogden Hot Springs

I know Ogden city officials closed access to these back in 2012. Are they still closed? What's the current status?

And if they're closed, what's a good second option in the Ogden area?
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

As far as I know they are permanently closed.
    Crystal Hot Springs north of Brigham City is the only one I would go to.

I'm sure the holding ponds are still there, since the construction in the canyon they've put up some walls, but I'm sure they are still accessible.

Just park at the waterfall viewing area and walk across the street, I'm sure there is a trail there.

Or you can park at Rainbow Gardens and walk up the road for quarter mile on the South side.

I've got a hilarious story about my first time at these hot springs involving 2 nude girls and an older gentleman trying to get some action. I'll have to write it up sometime

In my video from last year, at 1:35 you can see the hot springs across the road from the waterfall. Look just below the orange cable ball in the air.

6. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    The hot springs are "closed" because they were never open. They are private property and the landowner has been trying to get the city to help him close them for years. Those springs were never officially open to the public, or at least not in my lifetime.

I doubt that they will be open anytime soon.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

That's strange, I didn't realize it was private property. It doesn't seem like the landowner has done much to keep the public out. From what I remember there are no chain link fences or anything. That won't keep everybody out but it's a start. But there's nothing from what I can remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    It doesn't seem like the landowner has done much to keep the public out.
    I don't know the whole story, but it seems to me that he wanted the city to keep people out for him (the owner is named Bill King).

Even 20 years ago there was talk of closure, but it doesn't seem to have amounted to anything until now.

It's too bad about the closure though. Public hot springs are always nice.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Interesting, I had no idea. We always talked about them like they were public. I wonder what the boundaries are on that parcel of land, if it is more of the canyon, or more at the mouth. I wonder if the waterfall itself is private property, like how Chris Peterson owns Waterfall Canyon and Malans Basin.

boundry = https://www3.co.weber.ut.us/gis/maps/gizmo2/index.html.
    Seems like they left up the chain link fence when they were through replacing the pipe across the canyon.

Alright I might as well get this story written up, I'm pretty sure it exists here already amongst one of the hundreds of thousands of posts on bogley, but maybe this time I'll embellish a bit more.

So there I was.

Hanging out with guys just out of high school, about 6 of us dudes looking to kick as much ass as humanly possible one night, so we decide to go sit in some hot springs and just tear shit up like wild animals, by sitting down in water.

This was my first time there, it was dark, so we're stumbling down the trail because nobody brought a light. We can tell somebody is already there, it turns out it's an older ass kicker tearin' shit up by sitting alone in a hot spring.

We had swimming suits on so we all crowd in and we're there maybe 15 minutes in the dark, the loud rushing of the Ogden River in the background, and 2 people come up and ask if they can join us.

I couldn't really see because it was dark so I couldn't tell who it was. They said they didn't bring swimsuits so they hoped we would "bare" with them (to the uproar of a thunderous laughter) as they got in. Well they got undressed and that's where I realized it was a couple of girls. Their voices were somewhat masked by the river noise, but not even the absence of moonlight could hide the fact that I saw 2 pair of boobs climbing down into the very same water that me and a sausage fest were already soaking in.

My buddy Josh is sitting up on the rim of the hot spring wall, and he's scooting over to make room for the new ass kickers joining the party. He scoots over and puts his hand in something, maybe it's moss? He looks down and it's the old dude's underwear. Now it's a party.

So we are a bunch of 18 year old guys just impressing the hell out of these ladies with how cool we are because one of us was going to get laid by 2 girls at the same time, probably all of us were going to, in fact. How exactly is this going to work, I mean where does this take place? I might need to brush up on my threesome etiquette, I'm starting to think those tutorial movies I've watched may not have been true to life.

Anyways, time goes on with us trying to act cool just sitting all night long in the hot springs with 2 naked ladies (more like 7 minutes) and they decide to get out of the pool and go play in the river in the pitch black dark. As we are all thinking it's our night to get a chance with boobs, the old man is way ahead of us little bastards and his naked old butt is in the river with them, splashing around and laughing. I mean really, what do you do in a shallow river in the dark, they probably just wanted to go pee and were kind enough not to pee in the pool with all of us. I may not have been so considerate.

So we realized we weren't as cool as Old Man Hot Springs and we decided to take off, once we considered the low possibility of more naked girls randomly showing up and jumping in the pool for a second time that night.

As we are driving back, that's when Josh tells us he planted his hand in the guy's underwear, and we decided we probably wouldn't go back.

The end.

Old Guys Rule!!!

LOL

I've got a similar story that happened to me and some friends that occurred during one of our Bogley ZionFests several years ago.

Needless to say, that's a story that will only be shared in person....

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    LOL

I've got a similar story that happened to me and some friends that occurred during one of our Bogley ZionFests several years ago.

Needless to say, that's a story that will only be shared in person....
    Isn't bogley personal enough?

^^^ It's a sordid tale that incriminates multiple Bogley members, and airs plenty of dirty laundry.

NSFW

Get me in a slot canyon and I'll share.