Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BYU 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Oh they really suck, but they will be into the high school portion of their schedule soon enough.
    So they will cheer and shout as they spank the high school teams.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

BYU 2017

All their fans seem to be blaming Detmer and the play calling. I'm not buying it. Perhaps he doesn't have the talent to run the west coast offense.

However...inaccurate throws, dropped balls, nobody able to get open and stupid plays, like getting sacked in your own end zone has little to do with bad play calling.

Mangum has not looked like the same player and the backup was running around like a chicken with his head cutoff. They don't have any playmakers. The cupboard is bare and it going to take a few years to restock it. Give these coaches a chance to bring in their recruiting classes.

Bronco was a terrible recruiter, and now the Cougar's are paying dearly for it. It will take 5 or 6 years to fix this, that is if Kalani is actually talented enough to turn the program around.

Detmer is the scapegoat, not the problem. Independence also hasn't helped, no matter how much the faithful wish it, BYU is not the ND of the west.

A front loaded schedule is not helping the situation. You have to come out of the gates firing on all cylinders, otherwise the season becomes a wash very quickly. Only a select few teams each year could handle it and nobody does it. You start with cupcakes first...

6. Likes gholt, rockgremlin liked this post
    Name:  byu-we-want-bama-sign-650x342.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  83.6 KB

Name:  TheQuestForPerfection.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  15.5 KB
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

8. Likes gholt liked this post
    So BYU just announced they will now sell caffeinated beverages on campus. Apparently the student body is ecstatic. The article on ksl.com has over 300 comments - the comment from Cglenn79 was hysterical:

Name:  Screenshot_2017-09-21-18-07-47.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  98.9 KB

10. Likes gholt liked this post
    Hilarious

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

BYU 2017

Ex-BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives Boise State their 7th loss on the blue turf since 99 as Virginia takes them down 42-23. Boise is now 108-7 at home.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Ex-BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives Boise State their 7th loss on the blue turf since 99 as Virginia takes them down 42-23. Boise is now 108-7 at home.
    Boise is just a shadow of their former greatness since Chris Peterson left. Ditto Utah State and Gary Anderson. Or BYU and Lavell Edwards... snicker - snicker....

BYU 2017

The cupboard is absolutely BARE. The worst BYU team I have EVER seen.

Gotta love the sign...

15. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    I don't know how else to say this... but... BYU really sucks this year.

^^^ Only gonna get worse with Boise State coming up, and then a trip to Mississippi State.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    After next Saturday they'll be 1 - 3...with their only lackluster win coming in at home against lowly Portland State.

Heck, they could very possibly be 1 - 6 a month from now because after the Wisconsin game they play Utah State in Logan, then Boise State (who almost knocked off Washington State), and then go on the road to play Mississippi State in Mississippi.
    It's happening just as prophesied...

BYU 2017

LSU not as dominate as they once looked...

——

LSU stunned by Troy in 1st home loss vs. non-conference program since 2000

21. Likes Iceaxe liked this post
    Oh how the mighty have fallen. 1984 is such a distant memory..... Lavell Edward's must be rolling in his grave.

So.... how much longer will this train wreck continue? Someone's head has to roll as that is just the nature of the beast, so who's head will it be?

My first suggestion to rebuilding is get back into a conference where every game matters, you have rivalries, and something to play for every week.

23. Likes gholt liked this post
    Makes me wonder if Sitake ever regrets his decision to leave Utah.

I doubt his head will roll because he's still pretty new. But perhaps some assistant coach's heads will. Detmer comes to mind...

...and with a road trip to Mississippi State next week, it appears the Cougars will be 1 - 6.

Did Sitake burn that freshman quarterback's redshirt by putting him in the game for the last few minutes? I mean, you gotta do something when your starting QB sucks, but that was kinda stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Did Sitake burn that freshman quarterback's redshirt by putting him in the game for the last few minutes? I mean, you gotta do something when your starting QB sucks, but that was kinda stupid.
    Yep. My guess is the 4th string true freshman will be the starter next week.

6 in a row.... Ouch!

28. Likes gholt liked this post