Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 71 of 71

Thread: BYU 2017

  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    - The honor code is stricter than a temple recommend. How does this make sense for college kids?
    It doesn't. Which is why the program has been languishing lately, and will continue to languish for the foreseeable future.

    Not saying it's necessarily bad. Just that it's a huge deterrent for kids wanting to get into a serious athletic program.

    As a side note, Bronco over doubled his paycheck when he went to Virginia. As did all of the assistants he took with him. BYU has gotta step up and offer the going rate if they expect to have a program that can compete.
    hu·bris
    /(h)yo͞obrəs/

    noun

    1. A personality quality of extreme or foolish pride.
    2. Dangerous overconfidence, often combined with arrogance.



  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many
     

  3. #62
    BYU just fired Ty Detmer


  4. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    BYU just fired Ty Detmer
    Detmer is not the problem...

    ....BYU is just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.


  5. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
  6. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Detmer is not the problem...

    ....BYU is just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

    Completely agree. One losing season and he is out. What is this the NFL?


  7. #65

  8. #66
    BYU Basketball coach tosses BYU football team under the bus...

    BYU's problems run much deeper than coordinators can solve

    http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=46216775&nid=968

  9. #67
    Reports: LSU OL coach Grimes emerging as BYU's next offensive coordinator https://www.ksl.com/?sid=46217185


  10. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Reports: LSU OL coach Grimes emerging as BYU's next offensive coordinator https://www.ksl.com/?sid=46217185
    Hell yes... that should fix all their problems.

    /End Sarcasm

    Why would anyone take a job as a deck hand on the Titanic... err... I mean at BYU in it's current format.

  11. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Why would anyone take a job as a deck hand on the Titanic... err... I mean at BYU in it's current format.
    That's exactly what I was thinking. Why would anyone voluntarily step into that steaming pile of horse $hite? We all know it can't be for the money. BYU pays peanuts compared to almost all other programs around the country.
    hu·bris
    /(h)yo͞obrəs/

    noun

    1. A personality quality of extreme or foolish pride.
    2. Dangerous overconfidence, often combined with arrogance.



  12. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    That's exactly what I was thinking. Why would anyone voluntarily step into that steaming pile of horse $hite? We all know it can't be for the money. BYU pays peanuts compared to almost all other programs around the country.
    A stepping stone to a better OC job.


  13. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    A stepping stone to a better OC job.
    When teams upgrade their OC they have a habit of hiring from a winning program.

Similar Threads

  1. [Trip Report] Pfeifferhorn 08-06-2017
    By french_de in forum Hiking, Scrambling & Peak Bagging
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-06-2017, 11:12 AM
  2. Speedweek 2017
    By Iceaxe in forum Motorsports/Racing
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-13-2017, 08:16 PM
  3. Fireworks 2017
    By DiscGo in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-05-2017, 07:26 AM
  4. AF Canyon 2017
    By tallsteve in forum Mountain Biking & Cycling
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-05-2017, 06:21 AM

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •