Thread: Cathedral Valley,Halls Creek,Caineville Mesa badlands,Happy Canon,Bisti+other canyons

Cathedral Valley,Halls Creek,Caineville Mesa badlands,Happy Canon,Bisti+other canyons

Hi all,

I'm flying from the UK to Denver Sept 28 & an outdoor enthusiast friend from Denver was going to do short/long hikes with me to lesser-visited locations in Utah for 2 weeks, but he had to pull out tonight because of a family issue. Hoping people may now join me for any of these locations as I'm not keen going too far off paved roads alone even though they are all known "Kelsey" book hikes.

My itinerary was overnight Cathedral Valley for 2 days in Capitol Reef NP, up South Caineville Mesa to see badlands, 2-day overnight to Halls Creek Narrows, Happy Canyon Narrows, a loop of Maidenwater Creek/Trachyte Creek/Trail Canyon which apparently has subway-like narrows & running water, Leprechaun and Blarney canyons (hiking or canyoneering), perhaps Lower Gravel, and in New Mexico Bisti, De-Na-Zin, Ah-Shi-Sie Pah. May have to drop 2 or 3 of these as only have until Oct 12.

Now have to re-plan dates to fit with anyone interested, but approximately Oct 2 or 3 for Cathedral Valley, 4/5 for Halls Creek and then Bisti area towards Oct 11/12 with rest in between.

Thanks, Ross PS I fly for a family vacation tomorrow with intermittent reception and busy days so please be patient if my replies take a day or 2.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

are these walk-up destination or technical?

Quote Originally Posted by hiacbanks View Post
    are these walk-up destination or technical?
    Sorry, just seen this as not only do the email notifications never reach me, but I can't recall a notification on this site. They were all walk-up and are all fabulous if you ever want to do them.