Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: First World Problems

I'm on a date with my hot young stripper wife (24 wedding anniversary), should I go with the horny goat weed or the love kit?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Now I feel ripped off as Hank only had to pay 50 cents.

5. Likes Rob L liked this post
    I can't find the picture now, but when I was in Italy, one of the condom dispensers had "Retard" brand condoms. Super easy to use I guess.

Speaking of Italy, we spent 10 days there last summer and had a blast, especially in the Dolomites. This summer we were forced to be in Hawaii for 10 days (niece got married there). My question is: New Zealand or Europe next summer? I've always wanted to mtbike in NZ and see where LOTR was filmed. Then a friend just came back from Switzerland and France and said the biking was epic. How do I choose?

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!
    Got up at 3 am to set out my homemade cinnamon rolls to rise. I always like to make special things when I've got company visiting, and the cinnamon rolls are always requested. Put them in the oven around 9 and when the timer went off I heard someone in the kitchen say "I've got it!" The next thing I hear is glass crashing on the tile floor. I walk in the kitchen and there are glass shards and rolls spread everywhere across the floor. So much for coffee and homemade cinnamon rolls in our jammies. I had to start cooking "regular" food for everyone.
    Never regret anything that made you smile!

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Speaking of Italy, we spent 10 days there last summer and had a blast, especially in the Dolomites. This summer we were forced to be in Hawaii for 10 days (niece got married there). My question is: New Zealand or Europe next summer? I've always wanted to mtbike in NZ and see where LOTR was filmed. Then a friend just came back from Switzerland and France and said the biking was epic. How do I choose?
    In our summer, Europe. Our summer is winter in New Zealand. I'd choose New Zealand in our winter.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

I need a new pellet smoker. I'm thinking either Yoder 640 or a MAK 1 Star. Anyone ever use either of these 2?

My housekeeper quit today... now I have to find and hire a new one... what a pain in the ass...

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    My housekeeper quit today... now I have to find and hire a new one... what a pain in the ass...
    Just curious, what's an average rate for a housekeeper, how often do they come, once a week, once a month?

As my wife works towards her Nurse Practitioner, we'll both be working full time, I've been curious how much housecleaning services cost.

My wife deals with the housekeeper so I don't know all the details, part of it just depends on what you want done, if you go through a service, if they are in the country legally and if you pay in cash. I don't say that as a joke because housekeeper is a job that illegals flock to and you are supposed to 1099 any domestic help.

Our housekeeper came once a week and it was $65, except the last week of the month was $100.

The week of the $100 she would clean some extra items like the two guest rooms and attached bathrooms.

I have no kids left living at home so cleaning our house was not a huge job like when we had kids.

The biggest problem for me is finding someone I trust as a crooked housekeeper could cause some real issues.

So far my housekeepers haven't stolen anything and have been coming for about a year. No real complaints and I think the price is about what you were already paying. I don't 1099 them though and have no clue about citizenship. They work for a guy who speaks English but the 2 actually cleaners don't speak much English. If you are interested I can get you a name. Oh and Beech, my wife also works and it was more than worth it. No more worrying about spending a weekend day cleaning the house.

I also have a serious 1st world problem that has been bugging me for a few weeks though. I am about 16 days out from a 2 week ski trip to Switzerland and Austria and I can't decide what skis to bring. We will probably be spending about 60% of the time on lifts and the other 40% touring. My original plan was to just bring my touring setup and ski them inbounds as well. The problem is lightweight boots and lightweight skis just get overwhelmed in anything other than soft snow for me, and I don't really want to be skiing at 80% whenever we are riding lifts. Which means I have to be schlepping around 2 complete setups which is gonna be a pain in the ass, especially on trains. Life is hard.

.....a crooked housekeeper could cause some real issues.

Is this why you're currently looking for a new one?
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

True story... on of the single guys that works for me hired a lingerie housekeeping service. The deal was two hot chicks would show up at his apartment and clean it while wearing sexy lingerie for $100.

The next day he came to work and I asked how his cleaning service worked out. He said two attractive women showed up in lingerie and high heels and they each walked around his apartment for an hour with a duster and dusted stuff, after which they asked for their $100 and left. The guy was really pissed off because he said the girls didn't do any actual work except dust.

The guy really thought these women in heels and lingerie were going to scrub his floors and toilet... after he told me the story I spent the rest of the day laughing my ass off.

17. Likes Sandstone Addiction liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Is this why you're currently looking for a new one?
    No... Trump deported her.

Hahaha....

Just kidding... she says she has health issues and can't clean anymore. In reality I think she heard about the new Democratic plan to pay everyone a good wage, even if they don't want to work, and I'm serious about that.

We could take every dollar in this country today, divide them equally among everyone in the United States and within 5 years we would again have just about the same distribution of the wealth that we have today.

We could take every dollar in this country today, divide them equally among everyone in the United States and within 5 years we would again have just about the same distribution of the wealth that we have today.
    Bernie and AOC disagree.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.