Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: First World Problems

First World Problems

I've decide we should have a thread where we can help each other solve our first world problems. And to get things rolling I'll start things off.....

Every Sunday morning I'm faced with a major conundrum, do I go with salted caramel or chocolate cherry in my morning coffee? Thoughts?

2. Likes DiscGo liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Didn't peg you as a day drinker.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Fisher Towers French Toast or Lions Back?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

6. Likes Sandstone Addiction liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by moab mark View Post
    Back bacon? Yum

8. Likes moab mark liked this post
    Trying to narrow it down to one item on that menu is indeed a huge problem!

For me though, it usually ends up being a Green Chili Omelet with a pancake instead of toast.

10. Likes moab mark liked this post
    Little or Big Cottonwood season pass? I did an Alta pass for most of my life, but have done a Soli pass for the past few years. I love the lack of crowds and I don't miss the traffic jams, but I do find myself missing Stonecrusher and Westward Ho on powder days. Brighton is probably best for my minions and it will be nice to take them up after work for some night skiing, so I think I will go BCC this year, but tram laps and a LCC pass are still calling my name.

12. Likes moab mark liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    I've decide we should have a thread where we can help each other solve our first world problems. And to get things rolling I'll start things off.....

Every Sunday morning I'm faced with a major conundrum, do I go with salted caramel or chocolate cherry in my morning coffee? Thoughts?

A real alpha male would go straight Irish Whiskey. Or maybe this is for your wife?

14. Likes Taylor, rockgremlin liked this post
    Driving out to Wendover for the night, should I take the truck or the Vette?

The truck is a lot more comfortable, has satellite radio, quiet, smooth ride, more room to haul back good beer, much better AC, and I don't have to worry about it parked in public over night.

The Vette is noisy, harsh ride, crappy AC, can't here the radio over the engine, always have to keep an eye on it, zero storage, but it is so awesome to actually drive....

The truck it's too hot going across the Salt Flats you won't be able to sleep because you'll be nervous about your car in the parking lot the whole time. Now if you are riding to Jackson Hole where the temperatures would be cooler Etc I would go with the vette.

Driving out to Wendover for the night, should I take the truck or the Vette?

The truck is a lot more comfortable, has satellite radio, quiet, smooth ride, more room to haul back good beer, much better AC, and I don't have to worry about it parked in public over night.

The Vette is noisy, harsh ride, crappy AC, can't here the radio over the engine, always have to keep an eye on it, zero storage, but it is so awesome to actually drive....

Call me a nerd, but I'd just take the one with the best gas mileage.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    Not only does the Vette get poor mileage, but it doesn't run on regular pump gas. It has to have ethanol free gas of 91 octane or better, which means if I need gas in Wendover I have to head to the airport for aviation fuel. I can buy Pure Gas at a station in Lake Point (Stansbury), which with luck should get me to Wendover and back to Lake Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    Nerd

The only reason you'd have to keep an eye on it is if it isn't good to go. You bought the damn thing, drive it.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Not only does the Vette get poor mileage, but it doesn't run on regular pump gas. It has to have ethanol free gas of 91 octane or better, which means if I need gas in Wendover I have to head to the airport for aviation fuel. I can buy Pure Gas at a station in Lake Point (Stansbury), which with luck should get me to Wendover and back to Lake Point.
    What is pure gas? Non ethanol in Utah is 89 octane.

First World Problems

biscuits n' gravy with sausage.

Pure Gas = without ethanol.

There is an app all the car guys use called "Pure Gas" to find ethanol free gas, which has morphed into most car guys using the term pure gas. Maverick sales 88 octane pure gas, others (Sinclair, Pro Stop, Cardwell) sell 91 octane, which is what I run in the Corvette as it has 11 to 1 compression. The Pure Gas app also tells you what octane each station sells.

I can run ethanol laced gas in a pinch, but it makes the car really hard to start after it has heat soaked because the ethanol laced fuel has a lower vapor pressure and boils in the fuel lines. This is a typical problem with classic cars as the gas we buy today is nothing like The gas we bought 50 years ago. The ethanol also plays havoc with the rubber in fuel systems that were not designed for it.

Fast food places that don't have styrofoam cups. The ice melts too quick. Seriously losers...

Pure Gas = without ethanol.

There is an app all the car guys use called "Pure Gas" to find ethanol free gas, which has morphed into most car guys using the term pure gas. Maverick sales 88 octane pure gas, others sell 91 octane, which is what I run in the Corvette as it has 11 to 1 compression. The Pure Gas app also tells you what octane each station sells.

I can run ethanol laced gas in a pinch, but it makes the car really hard to start after it has heat soaked because the ethanol lace fuel has a lower vapor pressure and boils in the fuel lines. This is a typical problem with classic cars as the gas we buy today is nothing like The gas we bought 50 years ago. The ethanol also plays havoc with the rubber in fuel systems that were not designed for it.
    I think if you do a little research you'll find out the guys that are telling you they're selling you 91 non-ethanol it's really only 88. Sinclair is the only refiner selling non ethanol as far as i understand and it's basically premium minus the ethanol which takes it down to 88 the ethanol is 3 octane points. At my Chevrons I sell Sinclair non-ethanol and it's only 88. There has been some conversation in the conv. Store world about the false advertising. If they claim it's 91 find out who's refining it.

Maverick is getting it from Sinclair.

That actually makes sense and you probably know more about gas than I do. I run Pure Gas as the car runs much better on it along with solving the other issues I mentioned.

FWIW Cardwell Distributing sells Shell 91, it could also be 88, but it's not Sinclair.