Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are we raising snowflakes?

Ha! Scott must make his own tents and walk everywhere.
    Tents are for pansies. Before I became I pansy I didn't use one, but I got tired of getting soaked spending two summers in the Uintas, so I decided to be a pansy and start taking a tent.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    Pretty good list, but you forgot:

Rides an ATV
    Doesn't know how to rock climb, ice climb, or canyoneer
    Uses a 5th wheel instead of camping

There are lots of those types around here where I live. Sad, really. Those type of people are definitely pansy, but I calling them feminine would kind of be an insult to women.

And, since your comment seems directed at me, you don't know me AT ALL. Sky dive ever? Hunt ever? Bushwack mountaineer ever? I do all those things and more.
    Internet warrior, eh? Taking a jab at me, eh? The butt hurt must be flowing through some of you snowflakes big time to take this personally.
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

And, since your comment seems directed at me, you don't know me AT ALL
    This is true, but it seems to me that you are always calling other people a pansy (well actually something similar) for one reason or another, so I was gently ribbing you rather than butthurt.

Sky dive ever?
    I really want to do this and have for a long time. I was hoping to when I was in the military, but didn't get to. Let's go!

Hunt ever?
    I found it boring. It would be much more exciting if the animals were armed so they had a fair chance. Well, I guess some animals are armed, but I really like those animals (tigers, bears, etc.), so wouldn't want to shoot them. Seeing a wild tiger, for example, was a pretty cool experience. I would like to hunt my neighbor's cats and eat them, but I'd probably get in lots of trouble.

Bushwack mountaineer ever?

Let's see. I have climbed 2100+ mountains in 50 countries. It's a sure bet that hundreds of them were bushwhacks. Even in Colorado and Utah there are bushwhacks. Some places I have done some gnarly bushwhacks up mountains include Malaysia, Sumatra, the area where the Andes meets the Amazon, Ecuador, Venezuela, Colombia, Honduras, Guyana, India, Uganda, etc.

Internet warrior, eh? Taking a jab at me, eh?

Yes, but I don't say that I am tough. There are a lot of tougher people than me. The name calling just gets old, so it's only fair to dish some out every once in a while.

The butt hurt must be flowing through some of you snowflakes big time to take this personally.

I'm not butthurt by any means, but let's turn this into an opportunity. We could have a friendly contest; me vs. the Alpha Male. It will be fun and we can post a trip report on Bogley.

I propose the following friendly contest:

Have you climbed Kings Peak yet, the highest mountain in Utah? Let's do it! I'd prefer coming in from the south since I still have two more 13ers to knock off on the Kings-Emmons Ridge.

I'm pretty busy now, but should have a lot of free time in December and January.

I propose that we race up Kings Peak from the south. The first one to the top wins. I'm slow and fat 6' tall and 252 lbs), so it shouldn't be hard to beat me. Let's do it though! I would be willing to give you a six hour head start. Loser gets to be called the snowflake!

The only rule needed would be no motorized travel beyond the trailhead. You can bring anything you want and if you need something that you may not have, you can borrow it from me (I assume you have everything needed though).

It would be a lot more meaningful than being an internet warrior (I'm not say that you are).

Do you accept my friendly challenge?
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Scott P, since you're so opposed to motorized vehicles, you should have to travel on foot from your home. It seems a bit hypocritical to post all the cool places you've been (which is badass) but not acknowledge that without motorized vehicles our world would be very much more difficult to explore on such a broad scale.

Also, I've done Kings Peak in January. Absolutely beautiful, awe inspiring, perhaps mind altering, but I wouldn't do it again and wouldn't suggest it to anyone. There's better ways to spend your time in January and just as wonderful destinations.

Scott P, since you're so opposed to motorized vehicles, you should have to travel on foot from your home. It seems a bit hypocritical to post all the cool places you've been (which is badass) but not acknowledge that without motorized vehicles our world would be very much more difficult to explore on such a broad scale.
    If you follow the conversation (and previous ones-you are new here), I was merely ribbing (fairly gently if you ask me) someone else who is always (for several years now) referring to others as something similar to a sissy, pansy, snow flake, etc. (even calling out Tom Jones, who is one of the toughest "older" guys that I know). In a somewhat joking and friendly, but still trolling manner, it was directed as some gentle ribbing towards a single person who always points out others as being sissies, pansies, or whatever.

Of course I have nothing against anyone on Bogley and proposed a very friendly challenge. I'm sure most of here are nice guys, even if we do disagree at times. To be honest, I actually respect Brute Force, but that doesn't mean that I'm not afraid to call someone out if I disagree with something.

Also, I've done Kings Peak in January.

I have been to the north side in January, but not the south. I still need to get two peaks along the Kings-Emmons Ridge in order to finish the Utah 13ers. I was stormed off those peaks on a previous trip.

There's better ways to spend your time in January and just as wonderful destinations.

I proposed Kings Peak since it is roughly half way between us. I live in the Craig Colorado area and Brute lives along the Wasatch Front. It seems like a good (approximately) half way point.

The friendly challenge is serious though. We should do it. It seems a lot better than being internet warriors.

As is often the case around these parts, Scott wins the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by BruteForce View Post
    Your version of feminine is clearly different from mine. Here are mine:

-Painted nails
    -Makeup on guys
    -Colored hair (purple, pink, etc)
    -Don't know how to change a tire on their own vehicle
    -Have no idea how to do maint. on anything (car, bike, etc)
    -Don't know how to handle or even load a firearm
    -Face piercings (tongue, cheek, nose, etc)
    -Have never been in the wild (or even left their county for that matter)
    -Are nervous or even terrified around true alpha males

Seems you've personalized my comment. Why? Do you fit neatly into one or more of the above?
    lol. You are perfect caricature of a 1955 version of "The Manly Man".

On a serious note, what exactly do you mean by true alpha males. I have never really been nervous or terrified by anyone yet, but I need to be on the look out for these guys just in case. Please elucidate this for me.

Scott P. I hear what you're saying and giving a friend a hard time is the right thing to do. If your friends are like mine, anyway. Hell, if we can't call people out without fear of hurting their feelings than what are we doing complaining on this thread about snowflakes for!

As for internet warriors, if it means hiking to Kings in the winter again, then i guess i'm officially an internet warrior now because once was enough for me!

Quote Originally Posted by uintafly View Post
    On a serious note, what exactly do you mean by true alpha males. I have never really been nervous or terrified by anyone yet, but I need to be on the look out for these guys just in case. Please elucidate this for me.
    If you have to ask you can rest assured that you are NOT one.

To me, the only thing new about snowflakes is the word "snowflakes". This androgynous thing has been goin' on since Bowie started running around like a drag queen. I have this saying...

Seven thousand years ago one caveman said to another, "I don't know what it is with the kids these days".
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

13. Likes Scott P liked this post
    I watch video of young American soldiers, many of who were conscripted, landing in Normandy in 1944 and charging into the teeth of death in the name of freedom. And I just don't see the majority of young American men having the intestinal fortitude to be able to do that today.

Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    Seven thousand years ago one caveman said to another, "I don't know what it is with the kids these days".
    https://www.theatlantic.com/science/...n-site/484070/

16. Likes twotimer, devo_stevo liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    I watch video of young American soldiers, many of who were conscripted, landing in Normandy in 1944 and charging into the teeth of death in the name of freedom. And I just don't see the majority of young American men having the intestinal fortitude to be able to do that today.
    I would agree, but the above holds true for this country's society in general, not just the young generation.

I'd say they figured the spirit that owned the land lived down there and they made offerings for better hunting.

Or maybe they were just trippin' on mushrooms.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    I'd say they figured the spirit that owned the land lived down there and they made offerings for better hunting.

Or maybe they were just trippin' on mushrooms.

176,500 years - mind blown.