Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are we raising snowflakes?

Are we raising snowflakes?

2. Likes DiscGo liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Yes. We are raising snowflakes. Also, there are far too many of them that seem to be raising themselves.

5. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    The sudden and rapid loss of masculinity and the utter feminism of boys/men is just astounding. Hard to tell a guy from a girl these days. In contrast, its also getting harder to define a girl from a guy. Try being an alpha male and making eye contact with almost any "male" these days. Sad.. Really sad.

The result is these emasculated things become Internet keyboard and social justice warriors!
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

7. Likes Iceaxe liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by BruteForce View Post
    The sudden and rapid loss of masculinity and the utter feminism of boys/men is just astounding. Hard to tell a guy from a girl these days. In contrast, its also getting harder to define a girl from a guy. Try being an alpha male and making eye contact with almost any "male" these days. Sad.. Really sad.

The result is these emasculated things become Internet keyboard and social justice warriors!
    Where do you live? Hollywood?
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

I have a theory about the loss of masculinity in young men these days.

For years now, men have been portrayed on TV and in movies as idiots. Kids are raised on Disney kids shows where the parents, especially the fathers, are shown as incompetent and idiotic. The teenage kids are always the ones that have their crap together and they run the household. Masculinity, when it appears, is always exaggerated and made to be ridiculous. You're a chauvinist or a redneck if you are masculine. Nobody wants that because the people of TV make fun of you.

As a result, young men don't want to be that way. They don't want to learn about things that men have traditionally done. They don't care about being able to fix things, change the oil in the car, wire a light switch or outlet, or do any of the things that men traditionally have done. There's always somebody out there that they can pay to do that stuff.

Sad really.

This is of course just my opinion, and I could easily be wrong. But I don't think so.

Could just be that things are evolving in a different direction. My 16-yr-old doesn't enjoy doing the typical "macho" activities, but he's a tech genius. He'll dance circles around anybody once the topic of conversation evolves into the realm of computers and technology. I think that's a good thing. He more equipped to succeed in the future if he's better versed at computers and technology than auto mechanics and duck hunting.

I don't think there is any generation that approved of the youth from the next generation. I don't thing the young generation is as bad as people say.

Look at crime rates for example. They are at or near historic lows. From a statistical standpoint, at least since statistics were kept, the worst generation in American history are those born between 1945 and 1970 (the generations born before 1945 and after 1970 have been better).

Let's face it though. The next generation is getting screwed. They are inheriting a huge debt, much if which is due to worthless wars, healthcare that you have be rich to afford, college that is much more expensive than we paid, expensive housing, environmental degration, mass amounts of pollution, etc.

It is us that is screwing over the next generation, so we can't complain too much about their faults.

^^^THIS^^^

Hahaha, this is the biggest crock o' shit. How exactly are men becoming utterly feminine? Am I not a real man because I hug and kiss my kids and tell them I love them too much? Is a girl not feminine enough because she rails down a mountain on a bike and jumps off cliffs on skis? Old dudes were saying the same stuff to the long haired hippies.

BTW: I agree with a lot of what Adam Carolla says, but it has nothing to do with stereotypical gender roles.

14. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by uintafly View Post
    How exactly are men becoming utterly feminine?
    I wouldn't call it more feminine, but people are definitely getting more pansy. A good example is more people riding ATVs rather than walking to access the outdoors.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    I wouldn't call it more feminine, but people are definitely getting more pansy. A good example is more people riding ATVs rather than walking to access the outdoors.
    I think we are lazier as a society now thanks to all of the conveniences we now have. But I have a sneaking suspicion that the people riding ATV's are the very same people calling the kids of today feminine.

17. Likes Scott P liked this post

Here is a really interesting video on Generation Snowflake.

News flash --- People ride ATVs because it's fun. It's not always to avoid "having to hike."

Ya gonna haul out that elk you just shot in a backpack? Doubt it...

21. Likes Sandstone Addiction liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    News flash --- People ride ATVs because it's fun. It's not always to avoid "having to hike."
    That doesn't change the fact that it's a pretty pansy way to visit the outdoors.

Of course we're all pretty pansy compared to our ancestors.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post

Ya gonna haul out that elk you just shot in a backpack? Doubt it...
    A man would. (Ha ha).

I never used an ATV to pack out any big game animal. Up to and including a moose. Gobs of deer. We quartered or halved them and packed them out on the back or hoped for snow and dragged them.

Not that I've hunted in awhile...but...

A friend who's an elk hunter in Montana, who's outside the norm for sure, can bone out an elk and pack it out in mere minutes. Crazy. He doesn't (and wouldn't) own an ATV. Considers those folks, for the most part, pretty lazy road hunters. Which is why he fills a number of tags every year.

But, to be honest...if I was in the backcountry, freshly killed elk, and there was an ATV trail nearby, and, a feller rode up and offered...oh yeah...

Yeah, probably have a bad back in part from packing heavy loads...heavy sigh...

In Utah, if you look at the highest risk of death for a teenager, you can see what's up with these "snowflakes"...
    Last edited by Brian in SLC; 08-03-2017 at 07:02 PM. Reason: road rode rowed

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by uintafly View Post
    Hahaha, this is the biggest crock o' shit. How exactly are men becoming utterly feminine? Am I not a real man because I hug and kiss my kids and tell them I love them too much? Is a girl not feminine enough because she rails down a mountain on a bike and jumps off cliffs on skis? Old dudes were saying the same stuff to the long haired hippies.

BTW: I agree with a lot of what Adam Carolla says, but it has nothing to do with stereotypical gender roles.
    Your version of feminine is clearly different from mine. Here are mine:

-Painted nails
    -Makeup on guys
    -Colored hair (purple, pink, etc)
    -Don't know how to change a tire on their own vehicle
    -Have no idea how to do maint. on anything (car, bike, etc)
    -Don't know how to handle or even load a firearm
    -Face piercings (tongue, cheek, nose, etc)
    -Have never been in the wild (or even left their county for that matter)
    -Are nervous or even terrified around true alpha males

Seems you've personalized my comment. Why? Do you fit neatly into one or more of the above?
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

-Painted nails
    -Makeup on guys
    -Colored hair (purple, pink, etc)
    -Don't know how to change a tire on their own vehicle
    -Have no idea how to do maint. on anything (car, bike, etc)
    -Don't know how to handle or even load a firearm
    -Face piercings (tongue, cheek, nose, etc)
    -Have never been in the wild (or even left their county for that matter)
    -Are nervous or even terrified around true alpha males
    Pretty good list, but you forgot:

Rides an ATV
    Doesn't know how to rock climb, ice climb, or canyoneer
    Uses a 5th wheel instead of camping

There are lots of those types around here where I live. Sad, really. Those type of people are definitely pansy, but I calling them feminine would kind of be an insult to women.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Ha! Scott must make his own tents and walk everywhere.

Carolla really hits it on the head with his little statement. Adults need to be adults and work to guide kids and young adults without fear of hurting their feelings. Parents need to teach children as early as possible that the world isn't fair. As a adult you need to know that your way doesn't automatically make it the right way, people are mean (on purpose or not) and it won't kill you, and every thing that you disagree with doesn't mean that its a bad thing .

The world isn't black and white, every opinion isn't right or wrong, and you don't just love or hate your fellow man (or person, if you're a snowflake).