Thread: Happy 4th of July.

Happy 4th of July.

:-)

2. Likes zzyzx liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

We're just glad to get rid of you!

(I do actually like Americans in America, hence visiting so often, but I couldn't be one!)

Take care and enjoy the day.

Rob

I thought of you Rob when I saw the meme above.

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!
    Never regret anything that made you smile!

7. Likes rockgremlin, Rob L liked this post
    Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    I was fortunate enough to spend the 4th of July weekend in Washington DC (Arlington National Cemetery, etc) and the last few days in NYC at the World Trade Center.
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

9. Likes oldno7, rockgremlin liked this post
    Was in attendance at the Kaysville fireworks show last night. Impressive display. One of the best I've seen in a while. I counted five drones flying overhead documenting the entire thing -- and I'm going to be very disappointed if one of those didn't belong to @Sombeech.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Was in attendance at the Kaysville fireworks show last night. Impressive display. One of the best I've seen in a while. I counted five drones flying overhead documenting the entire thing -- and I'm going to be very disappointed if one of those didn't belong to @Sombeech.
    We went to the same one. The finale was great! Did you watch it from the DATC lawn by chance?

I watched it there and right at 10:30pm, when the finale started, the outermost sprinklers turned on the fields and created mass chaos.

Kids crying and screaming, older folks not knowing where to go since it was pitch black outside and people scrambling. Haha

I got hit square in the chest and yelled out “abandon ship!” And then was laughing at everyone else getting drenched.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    We went to the same one. The finale was great! Did you watch it from the DATC lawn by chance?

I watched it there and right at 10:30pm, when the finale started, the outermost sprinklers turned on the fields and created mass chaos.

Kids crying and screaming, older folks not knowing where to go since it was pitch black outside and people scrambling. Haha

I got hit square in the chest and yelled out “abandon ship!” And then was laughing at everyone else getting drenched.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HAHAHA!! I missed that. That sounds....memorable.

We were on the south lawn close to the street. I had never been to the Kaysville fireworks before, but I think I might go again next year. What impressed me was in addition to the great fireworks show, the "aftershows" going on throughout all of the neighborhoods was damn near as good. Going back to the car felt like walking through a war zone. By the looks of things, Evanston did pretty well with all of the exotic mortar rounds being launched into the air.

I love the 4th -- it's my second favorite holiday behind Halloween.

13. Likes accadacca, jman liked this post
    From my rear deck I can overlook the entire Salt Lake Valley, and last night was by far the most impressive display of public and private fireworks I have witnessed in 25 years of watching from the same place. It was a crazy and massive aerial display.

15. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Utahns love their fireworks.

We should really move the official holiday to the 5th. I'm too tired this morning for work.. Lots of meat, drink, fireworks and I still have my fingers. Good times all around. The 2 hours from 9:30-11:30 when it sounds like a warzone is one of the best parts of summer for me. Internet arguing aside most of us are probably pretty happy to be Americans.

18. Likes accadacca liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by uintafly View Post
    The 2 hours from 9:30-11:30 when it sounds like a warzone is one of the best parts of summer for me.
    I can think of very few things more pleasing to my ringing ears.

Sorry to drag this to the 5th...

10 months ago [Sept 2016] I was flying in Ohio and went to see Perry's Memorial at Put-in-Bay. It's the 4th highest Monument in the US.

Here's my photo:

According to Wiki, "the memorial also celebrates the lasting peace between Britain, Canada, and the United States that followed the war"

Long may it last! I think we owe Oliver Hazard Perry a small doffing of the cap when it comes to peace amongst our three nations.

Rob

21. Likes Sombeech liked this post
    Interesting....it was erected "to inculcate the lessons of international peace by arbitration and disarmament."

Quote Originally Posted by uintafly View Post
    Internet arguing aside most of us are probably pretty happy to be Americans.
    I'm so happy I wasn't born in a mud hut in some 3rd world shit hole.

Being born a citizen of the good old USA means you already hit the lottery at least once in your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    I'm so happy I wasn't born in a mud hut in some 3rd world shit hole.

Being born a citizen of the good old USA means you already hit the lottery at least once in your life.

No doubt about it. I read something the other day (but didn't verify it) that said if you made over $37,000/year to remember that you were a 1%er of global income.

I found that interesting so I looked it up. It's $34,000 per year.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-live-U-S.html

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    I counted five drones flying overhead documenting the entire thing -- and I'm going to be very disappointed if one of those didn't belong to @Sombeech.
    ha ha, nope, not me. I announced I'd be leaving my drone grounded during ALL fireworks shows this year, just so I don't get those 37 texts saying "Hey I saw your drone at the show, send me the picture where we waved at the camera".

Oh, can you make it HD?

27. Likes jman liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    ha ha, nope, not me. I announced I'd be leaving my drone grounded during ALL fireworks shows this year, just so I don't get those 37 texts saying "Hey I saw your drone at the show, send me the picture where we waved at the camera".

Oh, can you make it HD?
    Yeah, sure. That's like Iceaxe going to Vegas for a stripper convention and claiming he stayed in his hotel room the entire time.

Anyways, send me the picture where we waved at the camera...in HD...please...

29. Likes Iceaxe liked this post
    A drone at a stripper convention.... now we're talkin'