Thread: Ogden Via Ferrata and Zipline in Waterfall Canyon

Ogden Via Ferrata and Zipline in Waterfall Canyon

This was a fun video shoot we did a couple of weeks ago, along with @jman and Jeff Guest, and a few other peeps like Mark, my sister and a few of her friends.

Have any of you guys done the zipline in Ogden Waterfall Canyon? It's right near the waterfall, there are 2 ziplines that cross the canyon.

Then there are the 3 different routes on the Via Ferrata. As much as I've been up there, I've never been able to see where these were, until the video shoot.

This is the land owned by Chris Peterson in Ogden where the Bonneville Shoreline Trail runs through. I've heard some people talk negative about him because he's the land owner, but I gotta tell ya, he could shut the whole thing down, but he lets the public criss cross through the land at will. They aren't met with locking gates or curfews either, just a plea to respect and enjoy the land. So for whatever political / environmental opinions some people have against the guy from info I'm not informed about, I think it is foolish. Chris Peterson is a nice guy, he was with us the whole time, 9 hours, and I've spoken to him a few other times and I find no reason to hold any ill will against him.

Anyways, here are a few shots so far.

2. Likes jman, Sandstone Addiction liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

5. Likes jman liked this post
    Totally agree with ya on all of the above. Yep, did the Via Ferrata and zip lines last summer with my son, it was awesome! Chris Peterson even threw in the zip line for free, just for the asking - swell guy that doesn't deserve all the crap.

7. Likes jman, Sombeech liked this post
    Is this guided ??? Looks awesome & I've never heard of it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dakotabelliston View Post
    Is this guided ??? Looks awesome & I've never heard of it.

Yes its guided. $100/person, with a minimum three per group. It was just my son and I, so I had to pay the $300 anyway, but Chris threw in the zip line to compensate. Best zip line of any I've done anywhere, too - you make three passes over the waterfall in the canyon, about 60 ft up.

10. Likes dakotabelliston liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Canyon_Cal View Post
    Yes its guided. $100/person, with a minimum three per group. It was just my son and I, so I had to pay the $300 anyway, but Chris threw in the zip line to compensate. Best zip line of any I've done anywhere, too - you make three passes over the waterfall in the canyon, about 60 ft up.
    I’ve done a few ziplines in the state and I think my favorite is still at Sundance.

Give that a try this summer if you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

12. Likes dakotabelliston liked this post
    Thank you !!!!