Thread: Stewart Falls Beta

Stewart Falls Beta

Planning on hitting Stewart Falls as soon as the flow isn't treacherous.

Any beta exist?

Is the route to the top self explanatory?

Any anchor advice?

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

It's a mostly straightforward approach. Use a gully to the right (north) of the falls. It's steep, loose, not fun. You eventually climb level with the highest of the several falls. Traverse over and let the fun begin. Go prepared to build anchors at every drop. Wear the thickest neoprene possible. Have a plan to communicate at the big drop (radios). There is no line of sight and no way to yell top to bottom. Have you been up there this summer to scout the flow? I'll bet it's raging, possibly suicidal right now. We did It in late summer and the flow was perfect. As an avid canyoneer and one who has done it, I highly recommend rapping Stewart Falls. As a member of SAR, I would say don't even try such a stupid stunt.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    It's a mostly straightforward approach. Use a gully to the right (north) of the falls. It's steep, loose, not fun. You eventually climb level with the highest of the several falls. Traverse over and let the fun begin. Go prepared to build anchors at every drop. Wear the thickest neoprene possible. Have a plan to communicate at the big drop (radios). There is no line of sight and no way to yell top to bottom. Have you been up there this summer to scout the flow? I'll bet it's raging, possibly suicidal right now. We did It in late summer and the flow was perfect. As an avid canyoneer and one who has done it, I highly recommend rapping Stewart Falls. As a member of SAR, I would say don't even try such a stupid stunt.
    Sweet! Thanks for the good info.

What are the rap lengths?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Final rap 260' plus. The others are all under 100' I think. Take a 300', 200', and a 100' probably.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Final rap 260' plus. The others are all under 100' I think. Take a 300', 200', and a 100' probably.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    Great thanks!

●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Quote Originally Posted by canyonbrewer View Post
    Planning on hitting Stewart Falls as soon as the flow isn't treacherous.

Any beta exist?

Is the route to the top self explanatory?

Any anchor advice?

Thanks!

My family was just at the falls yesterday. Probably not canyoneering friendly just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by bhalvers2002 View Post

My family was just at the falls yesterday. Probably not canyoneering friendly just yet.

Maybe not "friendly" but it certainly looks fun , at least from what I can see in the pic, I'll have to hike up there and see for myself if it's doable.

9. Likes ratagonia liked this post
    Let us know what you find out, and when/if you actually do it. I was thinking of trying to get out there end of Aug, or beginning of Sep.